1981 in France
- May 10th: Alternation. First election of François Mitterrand with the Presidency of the French Republic with 52% of the voices. It is the first time of the Fifth Republic which a socialist candidate is elected.
- May 15th: Tercentenary of the first setting in complete water of the Channel of the South.
- May 21st: Pierre Mauroy, Prime Minister and the septennate of François Mitterrand opens by a ceremony with the the Pantheon during which it pays homage, by a deposit of red roses, with Jean Jaurès, Jean Moulin and Victor Schoelcher.
- the same day, for the presidential election of François Mitterrand, Libération scented its newspaper with the pink to celebrate the event.
- May 22nd: Dissolution of the National Assembly of France.
- May 27th: Suspension temporarily the evictions from abroad and restricts expulsions.
- June 3rd:
- Increase in SMIC (10%), in the minimum old age (20%), the family benefits (25%).
- Advertisement by François Mitterrand of the abandonment of the extension of the military camp of the Larzac.
- 14 - June 21st: legislative Elections in France: broad victory of the Left and in particular of the PS which obtains only the majority of the deputies: “vague pink”.
- June 21st: Jack Lang organizes the first Fête of the Music.
- June 23rd: The government Mauroy comprises four ministers Communiste S. It starts a policy very marked on the left to apply the electoral promises of the President: legal weekly duration of the work reduced of one hour (39 hours instead of 40), fifth week of Paid vacations, increase in the number of civils servant, Decentralization, broad Nationalization S, wealth tax, retirement at sixty years, abolition of the Capital punishment, refunding of IVG reform of the Media, etc
- July 2nd: Louis Mermaz is elected president of the National Assembly.
- July 18th: Slaughter of Auriol.
- July 29th: Suppression of the Court of state security.
- August 10th: “Law Lang” imposing a flat price on the books.
- August 11th: Launching of an operation of regularization from abroad: : 132000 will be will be concerned from here at 1983.
- September 18th: Vote Abolition of the Capital punishment in France by the National Assembly, law suggested by Robert Badinter.
- September 22nd: Inauguration of TGV Paris - Lyon by François Mitterrand.
- October 9th: A law opens the abroads the right of association.
- October 10th: Final abolition of the capital punishment.
- October 17th: A law reinforces the fight against the clandestine work and founds sanctions against the employers.
- October 23rd: Of the socialist congress of Valence, one requires “heads”.
- October 26th: Bill on the Nationalization S.
- October 27th: Abrogation of the law Bonnet and creation of the certificate of lodging.
- October 29th: Died of the singer Georges Brassens.
- November 9th: Authorization of the private local radios.
- November 16th: Yvon Gattaz becomes the new president of CNPF.
- November 17th: Official creation of the Movement Initiative and Freedom (MILLET).
- November 26th: Abrogation of the law “anti-riot”.
- November 29th: Jacques Delors, Minister for Finance of France, requires a “pause in the advertisement of the reforms”.
- December 10th: Burden with the hospital doctors to maintain the private sector in the hospital.
- December 18th: Law on the Nationalization S: all the capital of the iron and steel firms, from five great industry groups (Pechiney, CGE, Saint-Gobain, Rhône-Poulenc, Thomson), from 36 deposit banks, two financial holdings (Paribas and Suez), like 51% of the capital of companies strongly specialized in the armament (Dassault, Matra) fall into the public inheritance. The left expects from them successes as regards fight against unemployment, of establishment of the democracy in the company and of reorganization of the capital. Public jobs are created, of the constant sectors in difficulties (textile), in the name of the reconquest of the interior market. Planning is reinforced.
the year 1981 in the world
- Years 1980 in France
|Random links:||Peltier effect | Hemodynamic answer | Lagenorhynchus australis | Juliane Köhler | Marcel Delmotte | Livenka|