1966 with the cinema
- the year 1966 is marked by the business the Nun , a film of Jacques Rivette adapted novel éponyme of Denis Diderot.
- the film renamed Suzanne Simonin, the Nun of Diderot before the passage before the Commission of censure obtains, initially, its visa of exploitation the March 22nd with 14 vote against 8. A new vote the March 29th confirms the precedent but the film is prohibited by the Prime Minister.
- At the beginning of April, the medium mobilizes and draws up a proclamation on " the freedom of expression and right of the French not to be treated as minors " signed several personalities whose Francoise Sagan, Jean-Luc Godard… the Association of the Film Critic, the Federation of the authors of films, the newspaper gaullist Our Republic , Paris Match protests against prohibition.
- the film is selected with the Cannes festival the March 23rd without the government opposing it. At the time of the market of film, although prohibited with export, it is sold in eight country.
- a " turn of France of protest against the prohibition of Religieuse" start the March 24th with Rennes while a meeting is organized the March 26th with Reciprocity, joining together several associations of which the Ligue of the Human rights as well as many directors.
- March 29th: The deputy Yvon Bourges in the hemicycle of the National Assembly defends the measurement of prohibition.
- the business passes in judgment in front of the Administrative court the December 16th.
- : Death of Buster Keaton, figure illustrates silent film and in particular realizer of the Mécano of the " Général" . The scenario writer dies in Hollywood of one lung cancer at the seventy years age. All the specialized magazines devote a homage to him.
- February 28th: At the time of the week of the Italian cinema with Moscow, a conference which is spread out over four days opposes Soviet criticisms to the Italian critics. The first put at the pilori some Italian realizers most famous such Federico Fellini or Michelangelo Antonioni, considered to be pessimistic and consolidating itself in the uselessness of the fight. The Italian critics as for them reproach the Soviet cinema a lack of flame and impertinence.
- March 20th: The Festival of Locarno gives up for this year a film competition, replaced by days of studies on the " human value and artistic of the young person cibéma international" and with the cinema for youth.
- April: the Black one of… , first known feature-length film of the Black Africa, is presented to Dakar by Sembène Ousmane.
- tax reductions for the exploitation of films in rooms are beaten in breach with the National Assembly the June 2nd by Michel Debré. The National federation of the French Cinemas decides an administrative strike the July 13rd while requiring of its members to again suspend the sending of the forms of receipts to the CNC.
- July 15th: Cinémonde , celebrates re-examined popular of the cinema appears for the last time.
- At the time of the vote of the budget to the National Assembly, the December 6th, an slight increase of the assistance to the cinema is adopted.
- December 15th:
Czech Cinema: the Shop on the Main street , film of Kadar and Klos, My Dear small village of Giri Menzel, the Small Daisies of Vera Chytilova, the Return of the prodigal son of Evald Schorm.
Principal films of the year
- Private detective ( To grip ) Jack Smight with Paul Newman and Lauren Bacall
- Doctor Jivago ( Doctor Zhivago ) of David Lean - exit in France on October 1st
- Fahrenheit 451 of François Truffaut - exit in France the September 15th
- Chinese Border : American drama of John Ford with Anne Bancroft, Sweats Lyon, Margaret Leighton, Flora Robson
- the Great Ramble of Gerard Oury - left to France on February 1st
- the war is finished , film of Alain Resnais (May).
- the Seizure of power by Louis XIV of Roberto Rossellini
- Life of castle of Jean-Paul Rappeneau - exit in France the January 25th
- the Second breath of Jean-Pierre Melville - exit in France the November 4th
- the Great restaurant of Jacques Besnard - exit in France the September 9th.
- Wind of Aurès , Algerian film of Temfik Farès and Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina.
- does Paris burn? of Rene Clement - exit in France the October 26th
- For a handle of dollars ( Per a pugno di dollari ) of Bob Robertson - left to France on March 1st
- prohibited Property ( This Property Is Condemned ) Sydney Pollack with Natalie Wood and Robert Redford
- Which is afraid of Virginia Woolf? ( Who' S Afraid off Virginia Woolf? ) of Mike Nichols with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton
- a man and a woman of Claude Lelouch - exit in France the May 27th
See also: : Category: Film left in 1966
- Palm of gold: a man and a woman of Claude Lelouch and Mesdames and Sirs ( Signor E signori ) of Pietro Germi (equal)
- a price of the XXe birthday of the Cannes festival is decreed with Orson Welles in homage to its contribution to the world cinema for its film Falstaff .
- Special price of the jury: Alfie of Lewis Gilbert
- Price of the setting in scene: Serge Youtkevtich for Lénine in Poland .
- Price of female role: Vanessa Redgrave for Insane to bind ( Morgan, has Suitable Case For Treatment ) Karel Reisz
- Prix of male interpretation: Per Oscarsson for the Hunger of Henning Carlsen.
- Mostra of Venice: The Lion of gold goes to the Battle of Algiers of Gillo Pontecorvo, the Volpi cut of female role, with Natalia Arinbascavora for the film the First teacher of André Mikhalkov-Kontchalovski, that of male intrepretation, with Jacques Perrin for his service in a Man with half of Vittorio De Sica. The festival paid homage to Robert Bresson at the time of the projection of its film Randomly Balthazar which obtains also several prices.
- Festival of Berlin: The Ours of gold of the best film is decreed with Cul of bag of Roman Polanski.
- International festival of film of Karlovy Vary: Poor year, the prize list does not count a Grand Prix, a special price of the jury nevertheless is decreed with the Life of castle of Jean-Paul Rappeneau.
- a Man for eternity ( has Man for All Seasons ) of Fred Zinnemann obtains the Oscar of best film, better realizer, better adaptation and better actor (Paul Scofield).
- Better actress: Elizabeth Taylor in Which is afraid of Virginia Woolf? ( Who' S Afraid off Virginia Woolf? ) of Mike Nichols
- Better foreign film: a man and a woman of Claude Lelouch which obtains also the Oscar of the best original screenplay.
- Price Louis Delluc: the War is finished Alain Resnais
- Prix Jean-Vigo: the Black one of… of Ousmane Sembène
- the United States:
- January 12th: Olivier Martinez, French actor
- January 24th: Karin Viard, French actress
- March 17th: Jose Garcia, humorist, French actor
- May 12th: Sami Bouajila, French actor
- May 14th: Marianne Denicourt, French actress
- May 22nd: Wang Xiaoshuai, Chinese realizer
- June 22nd: Emmanuelle Seigner, French actress
- June 28th: John Cusack, American actor
- July 15th: Irene Jacob, French actress
- August 14th: Halle Berry, American actress
- September 2nd: Salma Hayek, Mexican actress
- November 17th: Sophie Marceau, French actress
- November 22nd: Anne Brochet, French actress
- November 23rd: Vincent Cassel, French actor
- February 1st: Edouard Baer, French actor
- December 1st: Andrew Adamson, American realizer
- : Buster Keaton, actor, scenario writer, and realizer
- May 31st: Gil Delamare, stuntman
- July 23rd: Montgomery Clift, actor
- December 15th: Walt Disney, draftsman, scenario writer and producer of cartoons.
- December 31st: Raoul Levy, producer
|Random links:||Raj Kapoor | Popular party (Portugal) | Sebouh Hovnanian | Route 263 (Quebec) | Wolfgang Ambros | Président_du_Nauru|