This page relates to the year 1962 Gregorian Calendrier.
- January 29th: Adjournment of the conference of Geneva on disarmament.
- March 14th: Resumption of the conference on disarmament in Geneva, without France.
- September 18th: 17th general meeting of UNO: admission of the Jamaica, the Uganda, the Rwanda and Trinity-and-Tobago.
- November 5th: The Political Affairs Committee of UNO decides in favor of the stop of all the nuclear tests starting from January 1st 1966.
- December 5th: NATO obtains the nuclear weapon.
- April 5th: The chief of the Angolan nationalists Roberto Holden form with Léopoldville a provisional government of the republic of Angola.
- June 25th: Foundation of the FRELIMO, Face of release of Mozambique by Eduardo Mondlane.
- July 1st: Independences of the Rwanda and the Burundi. Civil war (1962 - 1965).
- August 5th: Arrest of Nelson Mandela by the South-African government.
- October 9th: The Uganda takes its independence of the British Empire within the the Commonwealth (republic in 1963).
- October 31st: The General meeting of the United Nations claims without effect with the the United Kingdom the suspension of the new constitution of the Southern Rhodesia.
- October: New Constitution in Rhodesia of North and black government after the electoral victory of the UNIP of Kenneth Kaunda and of the ANC of Harry Nkumbula.
- November 6th: Judgment by UNO of the policy of the Apartheid.
- November 7th, South Africa: Nelson Mandela, one of the chief of the African National Congress is condemned to five years of prison for incentive with the revolt.
- November 14th: following the nationalist rebellion in Érythrée and with the Striped , Hailé Sélassié dissolves the federation. The Érythrée becomes a province of the Ethiopia.
- December 14th: Electoral victory of the white conservatives of the Face rhodésien in Southern Rhodesia.
- Institutionalization of MESAN like sole party in Central African Republic.
- the the Commonwealth Immigration Act grants the authorization to emigrate in Great Britain only with the people qualified or equipped with an employment.
- Constitution with the Kenya.
- Law on preventive detention with the Tanganyika.
- January 12th: Resumption of negotiations between the Mali and the France with Paris. They define the economic cooperation, financial and cultural French between the two countries and are completed by a series of agreements signed with Matignon and Bamako.
- June 30th: Modibo Keïta withdraws the Mali Free zone and creates the Franc Malian and an Issuing house.
- July 20th: The tradesmen Malians, anxious of the monetary risk of depreciation, cause serious incidents with Bamako, causing counter-demonstration and involving of 91 arrests, of which that of Fily Dabo Sissoko and Hammadoun Dicko, condemned to died for “coup attempt of State”, then pardoned in October.
- July: Beginning of the war of liberation in Portuguese Guinea.
- October: Economic cooperation agreements and technique between Mali and the China.
- December 18th, Senegal: The Prime Minister Mamadou Dia, shown by Léopold Sédar Senghor to prepare a coup d'etat, is condemned to detention with perpetuity. He will be released in 1974.
Prohibition of the opposition parties to the Chad.
- With the Ghana, Kwame Nkrumah refuses the presidency with life offered by the members of Parliament of the CP.
- Rising of the Tuareg of the Adrar of Ifoghas to the Mali against the mode of Modibo Keita (1962 - 1964). Brutal repression with the assistance of the Algeria and the Morocco, resulting in the death of hundreds of Tuareg after the bombardment of their campings.
- African sporting Plays of Abidjan.
- First international Congress of the Africanists to the Ghana.
- August 16th: Re-establishment of the diplomatic relations between the France and the Tunisia.
- October 4th: The evacuation of the naval base of Bizerte by the French is announced for the October 15th 1963.
- March 7th: Opening of the negotiations of Evian.
- March 18th: Agreements of Evian granting independence to the Algeria: Cease-fire the March 19th. The the Sahara is integrated into the Algérie.
- March 19th: Coming into effect of the cease-fire in Algeria. This date commemorated forever by France. A referendum is announced the very same day whereas Ahmed Ben Bella and her companions is released.
- March 22nd: After having assassinated six leaders of social centres to El-Biar, OAS opens fire on the police force.
- March 23rd: Blockade of Bab El-Oued. Violent ones engagements burst in the district of Bab El-Oued with Algiers: 20 dead.
- March 26th: Shooting of the street of Isly: The French Army opens fire on a peaceful demonstration Pieds-Noirs with Algiers, making officially 56 died and 150 wounded.
- April 5th: First meeting of the provisional executive directed by Abderrahmane Farès close to Algiers.
- April 8th: The agreements of Evian are approved by more than 90% of the voters at the conclusion of the referendum organized in metropolis.
- April 21st: Beginning of the repatriation of Europeans of Algeria.
- In May, terror in Algeria.
- May 14th: Opening of the borders and release of the Algerian prisoners.
- May 27th: A credit of 200 franc million is open for the reception of the French of Algeria.
- In June and July, exodus in mass of the French of Algeria towards the France.
- June 18th: Several Ministers for the provisional government of the Algerian Republic, whose Ben Bella, give an opinion against the agreements signed the day before on the stop of violences between Jean-Jacques Susini, representing OAS, and Chawki Mostefaï.
- July 1st: The Algerian population decides to 99,7% of the votes cast for independence. France recognizes officially independence.
- July 5th:
- Proclamation of the independence of the Algeria.
- Massacre of the French with Oran by a crowd of unchained, more than 2000 died or missing Algerian.
- Following violent shootings, the troops faithful to Ben Bella occupy Oran.
- July and months: The FLN massacres under atrocious conditions more 100 000 Harki S (60 with 80 000 according to certain historians).
- July 11th: Ben Bella arrives in Oranie to form the “group of Tlemcen” opposed to the provisional government of the Algerian republic.
- August 3rd: Ahmed Ben Bella is accommodated triumphantly with Algiers where it is established with the political office of FLN.
- September 25th: The president of the Algerian National Assembly, Ferhat Abbas, proclaims the democratic republic and popular Algérie
- September 26th: Following its victory over the GPRA, Ahmed Ben Bella is elected Prime Minister of the Democratic republic and popular of Algeria. Algeria is allowed with UNO in the presence of Ben Bella.
the Libya adheres to OPEC.
- the Algerian conflict made more 33 000 died and close to 65 000 wounded on a total staff complement of two 158  and French soldier million; 000 died on the side of ALN. This does not enter the civilians, townsmen and peasants especially, which would change the Algerian human losses to 1.500.000 (figures official of the RADP)
- January 1st: Coming into effect of the ALALE (Latin-American Association of free trade).
- January 16th: Military coup d'etat in Dominican Republic. Rafael Filiberto Bonnelly becomes president the 18. The January 19th, a consequence of State reinstalls the preceding government. Rafael Filiberto Bonnelly guard its station.
- January 31st: Conclude Conference of the Organization of the American States (OAS) with Punta del Este (Uruguay).
- March 18th: Defeat of the partisans of Arturo Frondizi with the legislative and provincial elections in Argentinian. The peronists arrive at the head (35%), followed by the radical fraction of Frondizi (28%) and the unfavourable radical fraction (22%).
- March 29th: The soldiers deposit president Frondizi and seize the power in Argentine. The United States tolerates the coup d'etat. The president of the Senate Jose María Guido seizes the power and cancels the elections of March 18th.
July, Peru: Victoire of Víctor Raúl Haya of Torre, founder of the American revolutionary popular Alliance with the presidential elections in Peru on Fernando Belaúnde Terry and Manual A. Odría. As it obtained only 33% of the voices, it is allocated to the Parliament, dominated by the American revolutionary popular Alliance, to designate the winner. The soldiers prevent some, seize the capacity and announce new elections for 1963 (July 18th). The United States suspends their economic and military assistance and points out their ambassador.
- August 6th: The Jamaica leaves the Federation of the British Antilles and is proclaimed independent.
- August 31st: Independence of Trinity-and-Tobago.
- December 20th: Election of the opponent Juan Bosch with the presidency in Dominican Republic (beginning of mandate the February 27th 1963). Its reforming will proves to be suicidal in these times of hysteria anticommunist.
- In Uruguay, vis-a-vis the corruption and with the cynicism of the political community, organizes the liberation movement main road of (name of the chief INCA Túpac Amaru II).
- Brazil, the president João Goulart initiates a plebiscite for a return to a presidential regime.
- the Acre is high with the row of State
- Mexico: Discussed constitutional amendment giving to the government the capacity to oblige the employers to share the benefit with the workers.
- Bolivia: Ten years after the beginning of the revolution, GNP per capita dropped by 20%, the production of tin of 40% and even the profit peasants of the land reform are dissatisfied. Corruption and inefficiency weaken the economy considerably and make delicate the stabilization of the mode. Which gallops inflation ruin the small savers, weakening supports it among the average layers.
- February 7th: Embargo of the United States against Cuba.
- February 14th: Exclusion of Cuba of OAS.
- April 8th: The persons in charge of the attempt at invasion of bay of the Pigs are condemned to 30 years of imprisonment and 62 million dollars of fine.
- September 2nd: “Reinforcement” of the military aid and technical Soviet with Cuba at the time of the visit of Che Guevara with Moscow. Soviet soldiers station in Cuba.
- September 11th: Moscow warns Washington against any attack against Cuba.
- September 13rd: The the United States warn Moscow against the installation of offensive weapons at Cuba.
- October 22nd: Crisis of the missiles of Cuba (fine the October 31st).
- John F. Kennedy reveals the existence of Soviet bases of rockets in Cuba, likely to reach the American territory. It orders the “setting in quarantine” Cuba in order to prevent all new entry of weapons and prepares an unloading. He threatens the USSR of an immediate response of the United States if the missiles had suddenly been launched. The Safety advice of the United Nations is seized.
- October 25th: The Soviet boats on the way for Cuba make half-turn.
- October 26th: At the conclusion of secret negotiation, Khrouchtchev agrees to dismantle, under the control of UNO, the Soviet installations of rockets and is committed ceasing all new delivery of weapon in Cuba.
- October 28th: Nikita Khrouchtchev announces the dismantling of the offensive weapons installed in Cuba with the help of the commitment of Washington not to seek to invade Cuba and to withdraw its rockets of Turkey in the six months.
- October 30th: Ultimate exchange of letters between Fidel Castro and Khrouchtchev.
- November 8th: An agreement is signed so that the American army can supervise the evacuation of Cuba of the Soviet bases.
- November 20th: Castro accepts the shrinking of the Soviet bombers and Kennedy the end of forty in Cuba. Kennedy announces the lifting of the blockade set up around the island and the maintenance of the air inspections. Castro is kept away of the negotiations and Cuba becomes a satellite of Moscow.
- June 18th: Federal elections. John Diefenbaker (preserving) form a minority government (fine in 1963).
- October 14th: Re-election of the Liberal party of Jean Lesage with the Quebec.
The United States
- March 9th: The US government recognizes that it intervenes militarily with the Vietnam.
- April 10th: The leaders of steel announce with the contempt of their promise their decision to increase in a unilateral way the price of the ton. They give up after the intervention of Kennedy the April 13rd.
- April 25th: Kennedy decides resumption of the nuclear tests in the atmosphere.
- May 4th: Doctrines McNamara of the measured reaction, which supposes a tactical nuclear armament.
- May 19th: Marilyn Monroe sings for the President Kennedy, at the time of the gala evening organized by the democratic party with the Madison Square Garden. The actress entonne memorable “a Happy birthday, Mister President ”. She wears a splendid sheath dress out of white silk gauze and strass, bent with very her body.
- August 5th: Marilyn Monroe dies of an overdose three days before its marriage with DiMaggio.
- September 12th: Kennedy makes the speech “ We choose to go to the moon ”.
- October 1st: Kennedy imposes by the force the admission of James Meredith, first student black at the university of Ole Miss (the Mississippi).
- October 4th: Crisis of the cuban missiles.
- October 11th: Trade Expansion Act (TEA): Kennedy request with the Congress to negotiate with the EEC important mutual reductions on the tariff level.
- November 4th: The United States announces the stop of their nuclear tests in the atmosphere.
- December 21st: Agreements of Nassau: The United States provides Polaris rockets to the the United Kingdom.
Reinforcement of the democratic majority to the partial ones.
- Allowance of 900 million dollars for public works intended to reabsorb unemployment.
- Failure of the project of Kennedy to renovate the primary and secondary education thanks to important federal subsidies, in order to erase the inequalities.
- Stop of the Supreme court prohibiting the prayers in the public schools.
June: The Mongolia joined CMEA.
- August 16th: Official restitution by France with the Indian Union of the old possessions of Pondichéry, Chandernagor, Yanaon, Karikal and Mahé.
- October 10th: Beginning of the conflict sino-Indian in the the Himalayas. Indian offensive at the border of the North-East (NEFA), result of the very many tensions and incidents frontier between the two countries.
- October 23rd: The Indian government issues the State of siege. Indian defeat.
- November 21st: The China announces a unilateral cease-fire.
- December 10th: India accepts the cease-fire. It loses several territories, of which that of the Aksai Chin (42 735 km ²).
- After the conflict sino-Indian, Nehru is discredited in India, India on the international scene, and the appropriations allocated with defense are increased considerably.
- December: Vain negotiations on the problem of the Cashmere between Nehru and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto which represents the Pakistan (end in May 1963).
- December 16th: New constitution with the Nepal which ratifies the political change. The political parties are prohibited and the consensual system of the panchayat is set up. The king Mahendra proceeds to a land reform and removes the legal bases of discrimination between castes.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- semi-official Agreement between Tōkyō and Beijing.
- the Pakistan obtains a constitution of the presidential type.
- the Panchen-lama addresses to Mao Zedong a petition where he violently denounces the Chinese policy with the Tibet.
- Treated frontier sino-Mongolian.
- Foundation of Korean Air Lines, become Korean Air, the national company Korea.
- Riots with HongKong against the British presence.
- Fine of the Large Step ahead in China.
- January 15th: naval Confrontation at sea of Arafura between the Indonesia and the Netherlands.
- February 27th: Two North-Vietnamese fighter plans bombard the presidential palace with Saigon. No victims.
- March 2nd: The army seizes the capacity in Burma. During the years 1960 and 1970, Win does not try to build an effective totalitarian government, to establish its legitimacy near the Burmeses and to maintain the autonomy of the country on the international scene. The country engages on the “Burmese way of socialism” with the Party of the socialist program of Burma, which has as a consequence an economic catastrophe without precedent, accompanied of a reduction of personal freedoms. The principal sectors of the economy are nationalized.
- March 9th: The US government recognizes that it intervenes militarily with the Vietnam.
- May 6th: The forces of the Pathet Lao seize Nam Tha in the North of the Laos and cross the line of cease-fire fixed in May 1961.
- May 17th: Vis-a-vis the progression of the communist forces in Laos, the United States sends reinforcements in the gulf of Siam.
- June 23rd: Coalition government of Souvanna Phouma (uncommitted) with the Laos (fine in 1975).
- July 23rd: After 14 month of negotiations, the International Conference of Geneva recognizes independence, the neutrality and the integrity of the kingdom of the Laos.
- August 15th: Agreement on the Irian: UNO is charged to manage the territory until May 1st 1963, date on which the Indonesia will deal with it.
the Indonesia adheres to OPEC.
The Middle East
- June 1st: Execution in Israel of the Nazi criminal Adolf Eichmann.
- September 1st: A Earthquake of magnitude 7 fact 12 225 victims with Qavzin in the North-West of the Iran.
- September 26th: A group of soldiers tries to reverse monarchy with the Yemen of North. They proclaim the Republic, but the sovereign Muhammad Al-Badr manages to flee and organize resistance. Nasser decides to send a military quota against the guerilla monarchist, who reaches 50  quickly; 000 men. The United States recognizes the Yemeni Republic and grant an economic aid to him.
- October 17th: Faysal, Saoudi Prime Minister. It decides to break the diplomatic relations with the Egypt, which multiplied the air raids on the Saoudi ground. It launches a reform program economic.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Abolition of the Slavery in Saudi Arabia. 10 000 slaves are released on a total estimated of 20 at 30 000.
- the Great Britain assistance the Kuwait vis-a-vis a threat of invasion of the Iraqis.
- Attempt at takeover by the army in Syria.
- the United States delivers for the first time of the weapons to Israel (autumn).
- March 22nd: Construction of the first section of the pipeline intended to forward Soviet oil to the countries of the Comecon.
- March 23rd: Swiss adoption in of the federal law on the procedure of the federal Parliament, like on the shape, the publication and the coming into effect of the legislative acts (coming into effect on February 1st).
- Mars: The Spain presents its candidature for the EEC.
- May 6th: The conference of NATO to Athens is completed by the proposal of the American Secretary of State to Defense, Robert McNamara, to lead to a dissuasion by stages.
- May 14th: Marriage of Juan Carlos and Sophie of Greece.
- May 15th: At the time of a press conference, Charles de Gaulle rejects integrated Europe.
- July 8th: Official visit of Konrad Adenauer in France. The final communique announces next the Franco-German Réconciliation.
- : Coming into effect of the common Agricultural policy (CAP).
- August 4th: Junction of the French and Italian teams of drilling of the Tunnel of Mont Blanc.
- September 4th: First visit of the general Charles de Gaulle with Bonn, which seals the Franco-German reconciliation.
- September 19th: Resumption of negotiations of entry of the the United Kingdom in the EEC.
- December 5th: The Parliament of the Western European Union decides in favor of a nuclear force of NATO.
- December 10th: The Soviet Union accepts the installation on its territory of automatic stations intended for the control of the nuclear tests.
- December 17th: The concluding of an agreement in principle between the France and the FRG on the co-operation political, military, economic and cultural.
Strike in the Asturies.
- Recasting of the banking system in Spain: liberalization and separation of the business and deposit banks to facilitate the entry of the foreign assets.
See also: 1962 in France
- February 8th: Business of the subway station Charonne
- March 18th: Agreements of Evian.
- July 5th: independence of Algeria
- August 22nd: Attack of the Petit-Clamart.
- October 28th: Referendum on the election by the vote for all of the president of the Republic: 62% of YES
The United Kingdom
- September 12th: Arrest of John Vassall.
- October: Judgment of John Vassall, civil servant of Admiralty, at 18 years of prison to have sold military secrecies in the USSR.
- December 21st: Agreements of Nassau.
- December 22nd: Great colds (end the March 5th 1963).
- Creation of the Council of the economic development (NEDC), which devotes the principle of the controlled economy. Institution of a National Commission of the incomes, to avoid the harmful effects of the racing of the wages on the prices.
- Two thirds of the households has the Télévision and half a Automobile. The number of the subscribers on the telephone doubled since 1951 with 8,5 million reached and 30% of the households have their housing (25% in 1951).
- 21 - January 31st: The Christian Democrat openly inflects its program on the left with the Congress of Naples.
- February: Amintore Fanfani form a new government excluding liberal and Christian-Democrats from right-hand side and which rests on the left wing of cd., the republican and PSDI. PSI proclamation a favorable abstention and takes part in the program of the center-left which envisages the institution of the fourteen government regional envisaged by the Constitution, a development program of the school, the abolition of the share-cropping, the adequacy between economic development, social justice and urban harmonization, the nationalization of electric industries and maintains it of Italy in NATO.
October 11th: The pope Jean XXIII opens the council the Vatican II with Saint-Pierre of Rome. 2778 ecclesiastics take part in the sometimes sharp debates between a majority open to the reflection and a contracted minority represented by the Curia and the traditionalists.
- November 29th: The Parliament names a board of inquiry on the Mafia.
- November: Nationalization of electric industries.
Protest movement with the University of Thirty. Formation of the student movement.
- Installation of a teaching of mass. The school becomes obligatory up to 14 years.
- Starter of economic recession: the reserve of cheap labor was reduced, the trade unions become more active. As the wages increase, the Italian goods are less competitive and the growth of exports slows down. The modernization of industry continues, marked by concentrations carried out by the holdings of State (ENI, IRI, ENEL) which become industrial giants.
- Revolt of the students, protesting against the restriction of freedoms, repression is such as the vice-chancellor Marcelo Caetano takes their defense and resigns. The disorders persist in spite of repression.
- Plot of Béja, aiming at reversing the mode.
- Silvo Feed, managing director of the Pide.
- 400 000 tourists visit the Portugal.
- January 1st: Independence of the Western Samoa with respect to the supervision of the the United Nations (UNO) and of the administration of the New Zealand.
Arts & culture
- July 27th: In the night, the sculptor Christo bricks up a wall of 240 barrels in the street of Visconti with Paris, in answer to the Berlin Wall built one year earlier.
- November: Exposure Pop Art to New York with Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns…
- Mode: Invention of the Miniskirt by Mary As.
See also: ecumenical IIe council of the Vatican
Sciences and technology
See also: 1962 in science
See also: 1962 in aeronautics
See also: 1962 in the railroads
See also: 1962 in sport
See also: 1962 in football
Football world cup with the Chile
- the Nobel Prize of peace is allotted to American Linus Pauling.
Births in 1962
- January 5th: Giuseppe Abbagnale, oarsman Italy N, Olympic champion of oar in two barred with the Plays of Los Angeles in 1984 and of Seoul in 1988.
- January 17th: Jim Carrey, American actor
- January 21st: Marie Trintignant, French actress († August 2003)
- February 16th: Lars Knudsen, Cryptologue Danish
- February 18th: Marianne James, singer and French actress
- March 1st: Loumia Hiridjee, businesswoman, Co French founder of the mark Princess Tom-tom
- March 2nd: Jon Bon Jovi, singer of the group American rock'n'roll Bon Jovi
- March 5th: Robert Curbeam, American astronaut
- March 15th: Terence the Trent d' Arby, vocalist and musician American instrumentalist
- March 21st: Matthew Broderick, actor and producing American
- March 24th: Mark Calaway, legend of known American wrestling under the name of " The Undertaker "
- March 25th: Marcia Cross, American actress (series: Desperate housewives )
- March 26th: Yuri Ghidzenko, Russian cosmonaut
- April 2nd: Pierre Carles, documentarist French.
- April 7th: Alain Robert, climbing urban
- April 29th: Christine Defraigne, Belgian political woman of French language
- May 2nd: Jean-François Bernard, cyclist French.
- May 10th: David Fincher, American realizer .
- May 12th: Emilio Estevez, actor, realizer, scenario writer, producing American.
- May 23rd: Emilio Muñoz, Spanish Matador .
- May 24th: Gene Anthony Ray, actor and American dancer .
- June 1st: Alvaro Dubón, Guatemalan politician , appointed with the Parliament centraméricain.
- June 5th: Astrid of Belgium, royal princess of Belgium
- June 13rd: Ale Sheedy, American actress
- June 19th: Paula Abdul, American singer.
- June 22nd: Stephen Chow, realizer Hong-Kong.
- June 29th
- July 3rd: Tom Cruise, American actor .
- July 4th: WFP Shriver, champion of American tennis .
- July 30th: Vladimir Dezhurov, Russian cosmonaut
- August 6th :
- August 19th: Michael J. Massimino, American astronaut
- August 24th: Mary Weber, American astronaut .
- August 25th: Taslima Nasreen, écrivaine bangladeshi.
- August 29th: Armand Eloi, actor and Belgian director.
- September 2nd: Dominique Farrugia, French humorist.
- September 17th: Baz Luhrmann, Australian realizer.
- October 3rd: Juan Antonio Ruiz Román known as “Espartaco”, Matador.
- October 10th: Rex J. Walheim, American astronaut.
- October 16th: Flea (alias Michael Peter Balzary), Australian bass player of the group Red Hot Chili Peppers .
- October 21st: Andre Langlois, popular singer with Pascal Lebrun
- October 30th: Arnaud Montebourg, French politician
- November 1st: Anthony Kiedis, American singer of the group Red Hot Chili Peppers .
- November 5th: B. Alvine Drew, American astronaut
- November 11th: Demi Moore, American actress.
- November 14th: Stefano Gabbana, Italian dressmaker of the house Dolce&Gabbana with Domenico Dolce.
- November 17th: Andre Fortin, Composer-songwriter Interpreter Québécois († May 8th 2000)
- November 19th: Jodie Foster, ( of Alicia Christiana Foster ), actress, director and producing American.
- November 29th :
- December 6th: Claude Chirac, adviser in communication with the French presidency.
- December 9th: Felicity Huffman, American actress (series: Desperate housewives )
- December 11th: The Sakyong Mipham Rinpoché, oldest son of Vidyadhara Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoché, was born with Bodh-Gaya in India.
- December 16th :
- December 22nd: Bertrand Gachot, racing driver F1.
- December 28th: Michel Petrucciani, French jazzman.
or not well informed unknown Dates :
- Marcelo Figueras, writer, scenario writer and Argentinian actor.
to also see: : Category: Birth in 1962
Death in 1962
- January 29th: Fritz Kreisler, Austrian Violonist.
- February 6th:
- February 10th: Władysław Broniewski, poet Polish (° December 17th 1897)
- March 3rd: Pierre Benoit, writer French, (° 1886).
- March 15th: Mouloud Feraoun (assassinated by OAS), Algerian writer of French expression, (° 1913).
- March 25th: Auguste Piccard, Swiss physicist, (° 1884).
- April 6th: Henri Mondor, Surgery French N, (° 1885).
- April 8th: Juan Belmonte, Spanish Matador (° April 14th 1892).
- April 11th: Michael Curtiz, American Realizer of Hungarian origin, (° 1888).
- April 17th: Pierre Larquey, Actor French.
- May 17th: Daniel Sorano, French actor.
- June 1st: Adolf Eichmann, (recognized guilty of died of million Jews was carried out in Israel), German, (° 1906).
- June 6th: Yves Klein, painter French, (° 1928).
- June 19th: Frank Borzage, American realizer.
- June 20th: Alfred Cortot, French pianist
- July 6th: William Faulkner, American writer, (° 1897).
- July 9th: Georges Bataille, writer French, (° 1897).
- August 5th: Marilyn Monroe, American Actress, (° 1926).
- August 9th: Hermann Hesse, writer, Switzerland, (° 1877).
- September 21st: Marie Bonaparte, princess, writer, psychoanalyst
- October 13rd: Henri Pillow, alpine skier, two gold medals with the OJ.
- October 16th: Gaston Bachelard, Philosopher French, (° 1884).
- October 31st: Louis Massignon, orientalist French
- November 1st: Ricardo Rodriguez, Mexican pilot of Formula 1. (° February 14th 1942).
- November 18th: Niels Bohr, Physicist Danish, (° 1885).
- November 22nd: Rene Coty, former president of the French Republic, (° 1882).
- December 15th: Charles Laughton, Actor and British Realizer, (° 1899).
to also see: : Category: Death in 1962
Beats-smg: 1962 Map-bms: 1962 Simple: 1962 Zh-yue: 1962 年
|Random links:||Brillat-savarin (cheese) | Turbobomba | Roppe | Ring G | Church of the Assumption of the Virgin of Schmittviller | Eric Pessan|