1955 in literature
- May: The philosopher and journalist Raymond Aron publish the Opium of the intellectuals .
- August 27th: Publication of the first edition of the “Guinness Book of the records”.
- November: The writer Claude Lévi-Strauss publishes Tristes Tropics .
- posthumous Publication of the human Phenomenon , Teilhard of Chardin.
- Philosophy of surrealism , Ferdinand Alquié.
- the novelist and critical Maurice Blanchot publishes literary Space .
- Panafricanism gold communism , of George Padmore (1903-1959).
- Speech on colonialism , of Aime Césaire.
- March 2nd: Table tennis , part of Arthur Adamov.
- October 13rd: Jacques or the Tender , document of Ionesco. Sad Tropics, of Claude Lévi-Strauss (11).
- François Billetdoux, the behavior of the husbands Bredburry
- Jacques Prévert, Rain and the good weather
October 20th: J.R.R. Tolkien, the Return of the king , Allen & Unwin (third and the last divide into volumes Seigneur of the Rings )
- James Old, a Death in the family
- Antoine Blondin, Mood roves
- André Dhôtel, the country or one never arrives , Editions Pierre Horay
- the novelist Vladimir Nabokov written Lolita .
- Ragazzi di vita , novel of Pier Paolo Pasolini.
- October 17th: The Icelandic writer Halldór Laxness (1902-1998), author of social and historical novels, receives the Nobel Prize of literature.
- See the list of the Price of the General governor 1955.
- Price Goncourt: Roger Ikor for Water frays .
- Price Renaudot: Georges Govy for the Harvester of spines .
- Price Femina: Andre Dhôtel for Country where one never arrives .
- Grand Prix of the novel of the French Academy: Michel of Saint-Pierre for the Aristocrats .
- Price of the populist novel: Rene Masson for Comp2ere of mercy .
- June 5th, Mia Couto Mozambican writer
- February 23rd: Paul Claudel, French writer, 87 years.
- April 10th, New York: Pierre Teilhard of Chardin, theologist, philosopher and paleontologist.
- May 16th: James Old, American novelist, 46 years.
- August 12th: Thomas Mann, writer.
- September 18th, Madrid: Jose Ortega there Gasset, philosopher esoagnol (° 1883).
|Random links:||French federation of associations of paid shareholders | Fixem | Gargáligas | Foley dash | 3rd Wing | La_date-limite_la_plus_tôt_programmant_d'abord|