1942 in science
In January, Franklin Delano Roosevelt lance the Project Manhattan, of construction of the atomic bomb.
- January 13rd: Henry Ford obtains the patent of the automobile first built with certain parts in plastic. The weight of the car is of 30% lower than that of the other of the same vehicles category.
- February: Beginning of research of the professor Karl Lark Horowitz on the use of the Germanium like semiconductor. This work will allow the settling of the Transistor S.
- June: All the part Bombe has US program of OSRD is put under military control
- October: The general Leslie Groves names the physicist Jacob Robert Oppenheimer, professor with the university of Berkeley, scientific director of the Projet Manhattan aiming at developing the atomic bomb. Among his/her collaborators appear Enrico Fermi and Niels Bohr.
- the December 2nd, with 15:30 (University of Chicago) Niels Bohr succeeds in for the first time producing an atomic reaction in chain controlled, in a pile with Uranium and Graphite, during 28 minutes.
Capitalism, socialism and democracy , of the economist Joseph Schumpeter.
- Japan: Report/ratio written by forty researchers of the ministry for the Population and Health entitled “Project of a comprehensive policy whose race Yamato would be the core” (1942 - 1943). It aims at legitimating the colonization of a good part of Asia and the Pacific by Japan.
MathematicsEmil Artin publishes the Théorie of Welshman and gives to this theory its modern form.
- Physical Nobel Prize
- : Not decreed
- Chemistry: Not decreed
- Physiology or medicine: Not decreed
- Medal Wollaston: Reginald Aldworth Daly
- April 17th: Jean Perrin, French physicist, with New York.
- May 16th, New Haven (Connecticut): Bronislaw Malinowski, anthropologist and British ethnologist of Polish origin.
|Random links:||Menachem Begin | Natural satellite | Gavin Henson | Narfell | BC Place Stadium | Schaltin | Natation_aux_1988_Jeux_Olympiques_d'été|