1941 in France
This page relates to the year 1941 Gregorian Calendrier.
- Publication of the first number of the newspapers of French resistance Valmy and Release .
- January 3rd: Arrival in Vichy of the ambassador of the USA in France, the admiral Leahy.
- January 22nd: Dismantling of the Group of the museum of the Man. Henri Frenay reinforces the Liberation movement main road (MLN).
- : Foundation of the RNP (popular national Gathering) by Eugene Deloncle and Marcel Déat, defector of the socialist party.
- February 9th: Resignation of Pierre-Etienne Flandin, replaced as Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister by the admiral François Darlan, that the marshal Pétain will indicate the following day like his dolphin.
- February 10th: With the favor of a cabinet reshuffle, Darlan finds holder of the vice-presidency of the Council, of the ministries for the Foreign affairs, the Interior, the Navy and Information (end the April 18th 1942).
- March 29th: The government of Pétain with Vichy creates the General police station with the Jewish questions, entrusted to Xavier Vallat.
- March 30th: Air attack on Brest where are in particular based the German cruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau .
Creation in occupied zone of the network of the Brotherhood Notre-Dame, on the initiative of the colonel Rémy.
- April 11th: Declaration of the marshal Pétain: “The honor orders us nothing to undertake against our old allies”.
- April 14th: The French resistance network Alliance is attached to the British Intelligence Service.
Creation of the regional prefectures.
- the port of the yellow star is imposed on the Juifs in occupied Zone.
- May 9th: Pierre Mendès France is condemned to six years of prison for “desertion”. It was in June 1940 one of the passengers of the Massilia .
- May 13rd: Hitler-Darlan maintenance in Bergshof.
- May 14th: With Paris, first raid of foreign Jews organized by the Police headquarter.
- May 15th: The French Communist party creates the National front of fight for the independence of France.
- May 26th - June 9th: Burden with the minors with the Northern and Pas-de-Calais. Of social, the movement takes a political turn and shows the deportation of 224 people.
- June 2nd: Promulgation of new a “special Statute for the Jews” which prohibits new professions (banker, broker) and limit to them their access to the university and the liberal professions.
- June 7th: On the instigation of the De Gaulle general, entered in British Syria of troops S and Free French Army. Very violent one engagements during several weeks against the Vichyist troops.
- June 8th: FFL enter to Syria.
- June 21st: Entry with Damas of the Franco-British troops.
- June 22nd: Germany attacks the USSR.
- June 30th: Rupture of the diplomatic relations between Vichy and the Soviet Union.
- July 7th: Creation of the LVF, the Legion of the French volunteers against the Bolchevism, sponsored by Marcel Déat and Jacques Doriot, defectors of the left socialist and communist, Eugene Doriot, old of the French Action, and Pierre Costantini, chief of the French League of purification, social mutual aid and European collaboration.
- July 17th: Census of the community activities in " zone libre" France.
- July 18th: Pierre Pucheu becomes Minister of Interior Department.
- July 24th: Declaration of allegiance to the mode of the cardinals and bishops of France.
- July 25th: Signature of the agreements Of Gaulle-Lyttleton concerning the Middle East.
- July 29th: Signature of agreements of defense on Indo-China between the Mode of Vichy and Japan.
- August 12th: Pétain announces with the radio that he delegates his authority to the admiral Darlan. The political parties are suspended in free zone.
- August 14th: Creation (antedated) of the courses special of justice.
- August 21st:
- Beginning of the second raid of Jews (21,22 and August 23rd): 4232 people are stopped then transferred to the Camp from Drancy.
- the Communist Pierre Georges, future colonel Fabien, helped of Gilbert Brustlein kill a German officer, the Moser candidate with the Barbès subway, Paris. As of the following day, the Germans make of all their prisoners of the hostages.
- August 27th: Paul Colette car five balls of revolver on Pierre Laval and Marcel Déat with Versailles.
- August 29th: Honore d' Estienne d' Orves, sent free France, is carried out with the Mont Valérien.
- September 5th: Inauguration in Paris with the Palate Berlitz of the exposure the Jewish and France.
- September 16th: New attack anti-German with Paris. In reprisals, the Germans shoot 12 hostages later four days.
- September 24th: Creation, under the presidency of the general de Gaulle, the French National committee, kind of government of free France.
- September 26th: The Soviet government declares " laid out to lend assistance and assistance to the French Free S for the common fight against Germany hitlérienne and its alliés".
- September 23rd: The French general Catroux declares the independence of the Syria.
- October 4th: Promulgation of the Charter of the work which introduces a type of organization supporter of corporatism. The Strike and the Lock-out are prohibited.
- October 20th: Attack with Nantes against a German officer, Karl Hotz. In reprisal, the Germans shoot 48 hostages two days later with Châteaubriant.
- October 21st: Attack with Bordeaux against a German officer. In reprisal, the Germans shoot 55 hostages later two days.
- October 22nd: Execution of the hostages of Chateaubriant.
- November 4th: Creation of the resistance movement Combat which joins together the Liberation movement main road and the Liberté movement.
- November 20th: Weygand is recalled of Africa on injunction of Germany.
- November 21st: Attack in Paris against the Bookstore Left bank signed by resistant Communists.
- November 27th: Forfeiture of the Jewish French members of Parliament.
Publication of the first number of the newspapers of French resistance Christian Testimony and Franc-tireur .
February 1st: Meet Pétain- Goering.
- December 8th: Entry in war of the United States.
- December 12th: Birth of the Service of order legionary (S.O.L.).
- December 14th: 100 hostages are shot by the Germans in Paris.
- December 15th: The former journalist and communist deputy Gabriel Péri is shot by the Germans.
- December 24th: Rallying of Saint-Pierre-and-Miquelon to the Free French Army of the de Gaulle General.
- December 30th: The autonomous Brigade of the hunters of Carpates takes part in the battle of El-Bardia before going to occupy of the defensive positions around El-Gazala.
- December 30th: Jean Moulin leaves London to be parachuted in France.
Economy & company
- single Allowance of wages.
- the year 1941 in the world
- Chronology of France during the Second world war
|Random links:||LicencePhoto | Castle of Sohan | Eckernförde | Ronald Corey | Erica Marx | Choeur_de_Rustavi|