This page relates to the year 1939 Gregorian Calendrier.
- January 5th:
- Hitler announces to the Polish minister Foreign affairs, colonel Beck, that Dantzig will early have or to late be restored in Reich.
- a new parliamentary group is created with the the United Kingdom to fight the foreign politics of appeasing of Chamberlain.
- January 10th: Inauguration with Berlin by Hitler of the new chancellery carried out by Albert Speer.
- January 13rd: The Italy, the Germany and the Japan invite the Hungary to adhere to the Pacte Antikomintern.
- February 2nd:
- Mussolini agrees the proposal of Hitler to transform the Pacte Antikomintern into a defensive military alliance.
- Mussolini specifies in France the Italian claims: free zone with Djibouti, repurchase of the railroad of Addis-Abeba, several seats with the board of directors of the Company of Suez, maintains statute of the Italians of Tunisia. He claims the Corsica , Nice and the Savoy.
- February 6th:
- Resignation of Stoyadinovitch in Yugoslavia.
- Chamberlain declares with the Communes that any threat against the vital interests of France will involve the assistance of Great Britain
- February 10th: Death of the pope Black and white XI.
- February 14th: Launching with Hamburg, in the presence of Hitler, of the Bismarck , the largest German battleship.
- February 16th: Government of Pál Teleki in Hungary (fine in 1941).
- the fascistic movements defer forty mandates to the parliamentary elections. In February, Béla Imrédy is constrained to resign because the press discovers a Jew among his ancestors. The government of Pál Teleki takes some measurements against the extreme line without managing to dam up the vague Nazi.
- March 2nd: The Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli becomes Pape under the name of Pie XII (fine in 1958).
- Following the racial legislation of 1938, the rupture between the Italian fascistic mode and the Holy See seems eminent, but with dead of Pie XI, Pie XII is more inclined with the diplomacy.
- March 10th: In a speech in front of the Communist party, Stalin allots the success of the takeovers by forces of Hitler to the weakness of the democracies.
- March 14th:
- Supported by Hitler, the Slovakia of Mgr Jozef Tiso proclaims its independence.
- Convened with Berlin in the night from March 14th to 15th, Emil Hácha is constrained under the threat “to give with a full confidence the Czech country between the hands of Führer”.
- March 15th, Czechoslovakia: The Germany occupies the Bohemia and the Moravie. The Hungary occupies the Ruthénie in March. Pro-Czechoslovakian demonstrations in Romania at the time of the entry of the Germans with Prague. Chamberlain condemns the violation of the Accords of Munich by Germany and reconsiders the policy of appeasing.
- March 16th: Creation by Germany of the protectorate of Bohemia-Moravie.
- March 17th: France and Great Britain start negotiations with the USSR.
- March 19th: Arthur Neville Chamberlain gives the British guarantee to the Romania.
- March 22nd: Adolf Hitler constrained the Lithuania to yield Memel to him.
- March 23rd: Berlin imposes on the Romania a quinquennial trade agreement which holds in Germany the production of corn and Rumanian oil against the supply of weapons and ammunition.
- March 26th: Warsaw disallows the proposals of Hitler to make of Poland a satellite of Germany against the USSR.
- March 31st: Arthur Neville Chamberlain gives the British guarantee to the Poland.
- April 3rd: Chamberlain announces that Great Britain will be opposed by the force to all new territorial conquest of Germany.
- April 6th: Poland signs a pact of military aid with Great Britain.
- April 8th: Benefitting from the occupation of Czechoslovakia, Benito Mussolini occupies the Albania.
- April 11th: The Hungary leaves SDN.
- April 13rd: Arthur Neville Chamberlain gives the British guarantee to the Greece.
- April 14th: Great Britain and France guarantee the territorial integrity of the Romania.
- April 17th: French guarantee with the Poland.
- April 18th: The Soviet Union proposes in France and Great Britain a military and political pact of mutual assistance. London will disallow the proposal the May 7th.
- April 26th: Six months the military service is established in the United Kingdom.
- April 28th: Adolf Hitler denounces the naval agreement germano- British of 1936 then the non-aggression pact germano-Polish.
- April 29th: The ministers put Mussolini keeps some against the state of unpreparedness of the Italian army.
- May 3rd, the USSR: Stalin relieves the police chief of the people to the Foreign affairs, Maxime Litvinov, in favor of the collective security policy, to replace it by Viatcheslav Molotov.
- May 5th: The chief of the Polish government Joseph Beck refuses any modification of the statute of Dantzig.
- May 12th: British agreement turco- .
- May 17th: France commits itself helping Poland in the event of German attack militarily.
- May 22nd: Signature with Berlin of the Pact of Italian-German Steel.
- May 24th: London and Paris accepts the principle of a pact of mutual assistance in the event of aggression against the Poland.
- May: Second antijuive law in Hungary, on a racial basis.
- June 7th: Germany, the Latvia, the Lithuania and the Estonia sign non-aggression pacts.
- June 22nd: The Slovakia is integrated economically into Reich.
July 1st: The negotiations between France, Great Britain and the USSR for a pact of mutual assistance are enlisent.
- July 10th: In front of the aggravation of the germano-Polish tension, the French Minister for the Foreign affairs, Georges Bonnet, London press to accept the Soviet conditions in order to lead to an agreement.
- August 10th: Cabinet Dirk Jan de Geer with the Netherlands (end in September 1940).
- August 12th:
- Opening to Moscow of the tripartite negotiations (France/Great Britain/Soviet Union) for the signature of a military convention.
- Ciano informed Hitler which Italy is not able to support Germany in the event of war. Duce subjects the entry in war to the sides of Germany to the military supply of material that the latter cannot deliver. Hitler recognizes the neutrality of Italy then.
- August 22nd:
- Chamberlain sends to Hitler an ultimate message to avoid the war. By pointing out engagements of his country with regard to Poland, British the Prime Minister asks for the introduction of a truce in order to regulate the conflicts by the negotiation. The same day, Hitler fixes the beginning of military operations against Poland at the 26.
- August 23rd:
- Pact Molotov-Ribbentrop. the USSR signs with Germany a non-aggression pact for ten years. A secret protocol determines the zones of Soviet influence and allemande in Eastern Europe and in particular the division of the Poland.
- Abolition of the Constitution of the free city of Dantzig. The gauleiter proclaims Head of the State.
- France: The Standing Committee of national defense is joined together: the army is held ready to intervene in the event of aggression against the Poland with reserves with regard to aviation.
- August 24th:
- Serbo-croatian Agreement.
- the partial mobilization is issued in France.
- Emergency Powers Act with the the United Kingdom: law giving to the new ministry for the internal security all the capacities on the English citizens and their properties (internment without judgment of the suspects, censures media, prohibition of the strikes, indentity card, curfew, re-establishment of the procedures of the Order in Council ). The Parliament of 1935 is extended until the end of the conflict.
- August 25th: Signature in London of agreements of assistance for five years between Poland and Great Britain.
- August 26th:
- the French government informs Hitler which France will hold its engagements towards Poland.
- Creation of an autonomous banovine in Croatia.
- August 26th: Germany communicates by radio its requirements: return of Dantzig to Germany and organization of a plebiscite in the corridor to decide fastening of the territory in Reich or Poland.
- August 31st: Operation Himmler.
Demonstration organized by the government with Lisbon to support the organization supporter of corporatism. The state supporter of corporatism will remain however at the experimental stage.
- September 1st:
- the German troops attack the Poland without declaration of war.
- Countryside of Poland - Fall Weiss (1939): Practitioner for the first time the “lightning war” ( Blitzkrieg ) with massive intervention of the tanks and aviation, the Wehrmacht submerges in a little more than two weeks Western Poland. Surprised before to have completed its mobilization and much lower in military potential, the Polish army is crushed.
- France and Great Britain leave a last chance in Germany to withdraw its troops before September 3rd. Germany rejects the ultimatum.
- General mobilization in France.
- Creation in the United Kingdom of the ministries for the Provisioning, the economic War, Food and Navigation.
- September 3rd: The the United Kingdom, the Australia, the New Zealand and the France declare the war with the Germany. Beginning of the “Funny of war” (fine the May 11th 1940). The Belgium and the Yugoslavia are proclaimed neutral.
- September 6th: The German troops seize Cracow.
- September 17th:
- the Soviet troops, pursuant to the secret protocol annexed to the pact germano-Soviet and under the pretext of ensure the protection of the Ukrainian minorities and Belorusse, invade Poland Eastern before making the junction with the Germans with Brest-Litovsk.
- September 27th: The Poland is occupied.
- the Romania accommodates the government of Warsaw in exile with 100.000 refugees and the gold reserves of the national Bank. They can join France then England (1940), which causes the anger of Berlin which makes kill by the Garde of iron the Prime Minister Armand Călinescu with Bucharest the September 29th.
- September 28th: Divide of Poland between Germany and the USSR. The country is divided between the Germans in the west of the Bug and Soviet in the east. The treaty recognizes the supremacy of each power in its respective sphere and envisages a resistance common to any external interference. The Polish Galicie is attached to the RSS of Ukraine. Western Bielorussia is attached to the RSS of Bielorussia. Sovietization of the occupied zone. Hundreds of thousands of Pole are off-set in Siberia, of many officers of the Polish army are massacred with Katyn, the civil population is persecuted.
- October 28th: The S require of the German government to make carry yellow star to the Jews.
- November 4th: The American Congress votes the law Cash and Carry authorizing the sale of weaponry to the belligerents.
- November 20th:
- Great Britain recognizes de facto the annexation of the Albania by Italy.
- Hungary of Pál Teleki sign the Antikomitern pact.
- November 25th:
- Romania: The new government of Gheorghe Tătărescu tries to maintain a policy of neutrality.
- the Soviet Union summons the Finland to withdraw its troops to 25 km of the border. The Soviet government asks Finland to yield to him the territory of the isthmus of Karelia, the North-East of Leningrad and to allow the USSR to establish a naval base with Hanko, on the gulf of Finland. The rejection by the Finnish government of the Soviet requirements leads to the war.
- November 28th: The USSR denounces the non-aggression pact signed in 1932 with the Finland. The diplomatic relations are broken the following day.
- November 30th: Beginning of the Russo-Finnish War (fine in 1940). The Soviet troops invade Finland and bombard Helsinki without declaration of war.
- December 8th: The Soviet Union issues the blockade of the Finnish coasts.
- December 14th: The Soviet Union is excluded from the Société of the Nations following its attack of the Finland (Guerre of Winter).
- December 22nd: In front of the keen resistance of the Finns, the first Soviet offensive shows a failure.
See also: 1939 in France
- January: Strategy flash of the Blitzkrieg , which diverts the republicans.
- January 15th: Fall of Tarragone.
- January 26th: Barcelona, the Catalogne falls to the hands from the pro-Franco troops. The government Negrín must flee and 45 000 Spanish refugees arrive to France where they are interned in camps (Argelès, camp of the thousand).
- February 5th: The president Manuel Azaña proposes an armistice with the nationalists.
- February 9th: Law of Political responsibility which allows the military tribunals exception to judge the offenses of opinion and to continue all the suspects of collusion with the popular front.
- February 10th: The nationalist troops control all the Pyrenean border.
- February 15th: Franco imposes the Castillan to the Catalans.
- February 24th: The France recognizes the nationalist government of Burgos. With this news, Azaña resigns (February 28th).
- Mars: With Madrid, the national Junta of defense, which was raised against the government under the direction of the colonel Segismundo Casado, tries to negotiate a honourable capitulation by the British mediation (of the clashes between rejoined anarchists with Casado and Communists faithful to Juan Negrín 2.000 dead 5 with the March 10th makes). But PCE tries a resistance despaired in the besieged city.
- March 26th: End of the war of Spain with the fall of Madrid. Serrano Suner, president of the Phalange.
- March 28th: Entry of the pro-Franco troops with Madrid.
- April 1st: The pro-Franco radio announces officially the victory. Beginning of the pro-Franco dictatorship (fine in 1975). The United States recognizes swears the nationalist government.
- March 27th: Free adheres to the Pacte anti-Comintern but proclaims its strict neutrality at the beginning of the world war.
- May 8th: Spain withdraws SDN.
- the civil war ruined the country, makes 636.000 dead and involved the exile of 350.000 Spanish.
- Signature of the Iberian Pact between the Portugal and the Spain.
- September 4th: James B. Hertzog proclaims the neutrality of the South Africa in the conflict.
- September 5th: Resignation of the Hertzog cabinet. The liberal democrats of Jan Smuts found a new government in South Africa and declare the war with the Germany.
- December, South Africa: In exchange of its co-operation in the conflict, ANC request “respectfully with the government of the Union to cancel all the discriminatory laws”.
Strike of the dockers then general strike with Mombasa.
- Attempt of the king Sobhuza II to unify the African Churches of the Swaziland.
- Creation of the Higher Technical training school of Bamako and of the Teacher training school Young girls of Rufisque.
- Creation of the Mission of the Blacks by Simon Pierre Me padi (khakism).
- Aimé Césaire uses for the first time the term of “négritude”.
The Middle East & Arab world
- February 7th: Opening of the conference of James Saint in Great Britain on the statute of the Palestine. It receives delegates of Egypt, Transjordanie, Saudi Arabia and Iraq (the France refused the presence of the Syria and the Lebanon), as well as a Palestinian delegation and representatives of the Zionists. Great Britain proposes that the Arab have a right to veto on Jewish immigration and the Juifs a right to veto on the independence of Palestine in order to manage an agreement. But the parts refuse and the conference is deferred.
- Iraq: The king Ghazi Ier concentrates his troops at the border of the Kuwait and seems to project the invasion of the emirate. The members of the government Jamil Al-Midfai are stopped.
- Syria: The High-Commissioner with Raising Gabriel Puaux suspends the legislation on the Moslems.
- April, Syria: The radicals take the control of the national Bloc. The nationalists, divided, leave the government and the national Block crumbles. Puaux suggests the return to territorial divisions of Syria under a monarchical mode. Abdelaziz Ibn Sa' ud is had a presentiment of.
- April 4th: The king of Iraq Ghazi Ier dies in an car accident. The opinion thinks of a disguised assassination and suspects the Great Britain. Crowd is caught some with the British interests and the English consul with Mosul finds death at the time of a riot. The Prime Minister Nuri have-Said imposes as regent Abdul Illah, old of 26 years and wire of Ali, last king of the Hedjaz before Abdelaziz Ibn Sa' ud. The brother of Faysal, Zayd, is isolated. Under the popular pressure, Nuri have-Said engages the Iraq in favor of the Palestinian Arab cause, while carrying out unfruitful negotiations with the Zionists.
May 17th, Palestine: The British decide to publish new a White paper which explains why Great Britain does not intend to make of Palestine a State for the Juifs against the will of the Arab population. It will be only about one Community development. Palestine should not be divided. White paper again proposes the solution of the double veto, which should lead to the installation of arabo-Jewish institutions of free government and to the establishment of an independent Palestinian State. Jewish immigration is for the first time limited to 75 000 certificates for five years. Beyond, the approval of the Arabs will be necessary. The Arab States push the Palestinians to accept White paper, but the partisans of the Mufti reject it because the British project delays the date of the independence of Palestine of at least ten years. Moreover, the members of the supreme committee are maintained in exile and repression continues on the spot (6000 Arabs imprisoned in 1939). The Zionists reject the British project categorically and launch out in a policy of clandestine immigration and creation of new establishments. The Irgoun continues its attacks against the Arabs and the British presence.
June 23rd: The Sandjak d' Alexandrette is yielded by the France to the Turkey against a treaty of alliance with France and the Great Britain. The Arménie NS of the sandjak are moved towards the Lebanon. The Syria does not recognize this annexation.
- September: Second world war. France constituted an important army with Raising under the command of the general Weygand, who plans the possibility of an offensive in direction of the oil-bearing fields of Bakou in order to block the Soviet oil deliveries in Germany. Puaux suspends the Constitutions of Syria and the Lebanon and restores the direct administration of the Mandates.
Asia & India
- January 4th: prince Konoe Fumimaro, president of the Japanese Council yields the place to Kiichiro Hiranuma, nationalist baron and profascist.
- January 10th: The Japan seizes Qingdao (Shandong).
- February: The Japan occupies the island of Hainan and makes the blockade of the concessions French and British of Tianjin, which leads the United States to denounce their commercial treaty with Japan in July.
- May: The Japan board attack the Mongolia.
- May 9th: End of the Battle of Nanchang, the Chinese are beaten by the Japanese.
- 15 - August 31st: The Japan board are demolished with Khalkhin-gol by the armoured tanks of the Red Army with the general Joukov ( Incident of Nomonhan for the Japanese; following this defeat, they will give up invading the Soviet Union in 1941).
- In August Wang Tsing-wei constitutes with Nankin a Chinese government with the orders of the Japan.
- September 3rd: The India is implied in the world war at the sides of the the United Kingdom. The viceroy Lord Linlightow states the war in Germany without to have consulted the legislative Parliament. The Parti the Congress is ready to support Great Britain insofar as significant progresses would be accomplished. London answers by promising the statute of dominion.
- the Indian army takes part in several campaigns (Egypt, Eastern Africa, Iraq, Iran) where she plays an important role. 180.000 Indian soldiers will be victims of the second world war.
the king Mohammed Zaher Chah proclaims the neutrality of the Afghanistan.
- the Hindu monk Svami Karpatri creates in India the cultural movement Dharma Sangh.
- the Burma becomes the first world rice exporter (of 0,5 million tons before the fall of Mandalay to 3 million before the beginning of the Second world war).
- In 1939 one counts 269 hereditary indigenous sovereigns including two only with Java.
- Constitution of a coordination committee, the Gabousan Politiek Indonesia (GAPI), between eight nationalist operations, which claims the self-service government, a democratic regime within the framework of the national unit and affirms its desire to take share with the fight antifascist. The GAPI convenes a Congress of the People indonésien which adopt the Bahasa Indonesia like national language, the flag red and white and the song Indonesia Raya like national anthem.
- the the Indies Dutchwomen become the second producer of rubber with 384.000 tons on a worldwide production of 1.017.000 tons. Apart from Java, the plantations extend to Sumatra and Borneo.
- the Indies Dutchwomen are among the first producers of tin (layers of the island Bangka, Billiton and Singkep).
- the Royal Dutch Shell control 72% of oils indonésiens.
Oceania & the Pacific
- April 5th: The Supreme court decides that the Inuit are a federal competence.
- September 10th: The Canada enters the second world war to the sides of the the United Kingdom (42000 victims). The Prime Minister Mackenzie King promises to avoid the conscription.
- October 25th: Adélard Godbout (liberal) demolishes with the Quebec the National union of Maurice Duplessis (sworn in the November 8th).
- December 9th: Adoption of the new armorial bearings of the Quebec and the currency “I remember”.
The United States
- January: Roosevelt announces with the Congress a deceleration reforms and an effort of rearmament.
- April 30th: World Fair of New York.
- July 1st:
- Declaration of neutrality of the United States.
- Law cash and curry. The Room of the representatives maintains the embargo on the weapons of war.
- July: the the United States denounce the commercial treaty nippo-American of 1911.
- September 3rd: War in Europe. Roosevelt requires the lifting of the embargo on the weapons and the ammunition (September).
- November 4th. Law of the neutrality of the the United States. The Congress approves the law cash and curry.
Ten million unemployed. Last nine million trade unionists.
- April 29th: The Chilean government forms the Corporation of production assistance (CORFO, Corporación de Fomento of Producción ) charged to improve the infrastructures (transport, electricity) and of creates an iron and steel industry.
- November 17th: Carlos Alberto Arroyo del Río arrives at the capacity following the death of the president Aurelio Mosquera Narváez then made there confirm at the time of a fraudulent election in September 1940.
- December 8th: Dictatorship of Manual Prado Ugarteche with the Peru (fine in 1945).
Chronologies sets of themes
Sciences & technology
See also: 1939 in science
See also: 1939 in aeronautics
See also: 1939 in the railroads
Art & cultures
- the French painter Georges Rouault: Christ with the court .
- the French painter Marc Chagall obtains the Prix Carnegie.
See also: 1939 in sport
See also: 1939 in football
Economy & company
- Political natalist in Germany: birth rate passes from 14,7 0/00 in 1933 to 20,4 0/00 in 1939. The population passes from 66 to 69,3 million inhabitants (15 million in Austria).
Increase in the production in Germany: 186 million tons of coal (105 in 1932). 195 million tons of lignite (126 in 1933). 22,6 million tons of steel. 200.000 tons of aluminum. 350.000 cars. 500.000 barrels. The budget of the armament reaches 30 billion RM (6 billion in 1935), that is to say 20% of GNP. The regular army includes/understands 53 great units including 35 divisions of infantry, 4 divisions of motorized infantry, 6 armor-plated divisions. With 103 great mobilizable units, it achieves the goals laid down in 1936.
the the United Kingdom account 46,4 million inhabitants. The population increased by 8,6% since 1921 with the annual rhythm of 0,4%. The London agglomeration gathers 9 million people. 7 million radios.
Italy: The companies controlled by IRI produce 77% of the cast iron and 45% of steel, transform 67% of the iron ores, ensure 80% of naval constructions, 22% of the aeronautical engineerings and half of the manufacture of weapons and ammunition. The IRI controls 90% of the lines of subsidized navigations, absorbed the national banks most important.
the Polish people undergoes under the occupation Nazi a policy of oppression and systematic extermination. According to the plans of Führer, the Polish Slavic people were to be reduced in slavery with the profit of the Germanic Masters. As of October 1939, the Juifs are locked up in ghettos (Warsaw, Lublin, Lódz). 2,5 million Pole will be condemned to the forced labor in Germany, more than 6 million will perish, including more than 3 million Jews.
250.000 Jews with Budapest, is the quarter of the population of the city, at the end of the Années 1930.
- the establishments of higher education are closed in November in Czechoslovakia.
- 16.000 various associations in Hungary.
Births in 1939
- January 7th: Rosina Wachtmeister, painter Austrian.
- January 16th: Jean Van Hamme, Belgian scenario writer of cartoon.
- January 28th: John Mr. Fabian, American astronaut.
- : Claude François, French singer.
- February 10th: Adrienne Clarkson, political woman, general governor of the Canada
- February 13rd: Valeri Rojdestvenski, Soviet cosmonaut.
- February 14th: Yves Boisset, French scenario writer.
- March 1st: Leo Brouwer, cuban type-setter.
- March 9th: Jean-Pierre Chevènement, French politician.
- March 14th:
- March 19th: Miguelín (Miguel Mateo Salcedo), Spanish Matador († July 21st 2003).
- March 29th: Terence Hill, Italian actor.
- April 3rd: François of Roubaix, French musician.
- April 7th: Francis Ford Coppola, producer, scenario writer and American realizer.
- April 15th: Claudia Cardinale, Italian actress.
- April 18th: Ignace Delattre, French architect.
- April 20th: Gro Harlem Brundtland, Norwegian political woman, Prime Minister of Norway.
- April 22nd: Jean Diébold, Politician French († August 30th 2007).
- May 9th: Pierre Desproges, French humorist († April 18th 1988).
- May 13rd: Harvey Keitel, American actor.
- May 19th: Francis R. Scobee, American astronaut († January 28th 1986).
- May 31st: Magnus, Italian draftsman of Cartoon († February 5th 1996).
- June 17th: Krzysztof Zanussi, director and realizer Polish.
- June 18th: Amanda Lear, singer, actress, French presenter and painter.
- July 18th:
- July 29th: Pierre Cangioni, French journalist.
- September 5th: Clay Regazzoni, Swiss racing driver , which disputed 132 Grands Prix of Formule 1 of 1970 with 1980. († December 15th 2006).
- September 7th: S. David Griggs, American astronaut († June 17th 1989).
- September 18th: Frankie Avalon, American singer.
- October 2nd: Yuri Glazkov, Soviet cosmonaut.
- October 5th:
- Marie-Claire Blais, Québécois writer.
- Marie Laforêt actress and free-Switzerland singer.
- October 13rd: Ralph Lauren, American designer.
- October 27th: John Cleese, British actor, former member of the Monty Python.
- November 1st: Bernard Kouchner, French politician and doctor cofounder of Doctors without borders and Doctors of the world.
- November 20th: Copi draftsman of Cartoon, dramatic author, Argentinian writer.
- November 26th: Tina Turner, American singer.
- November 27th: Laurent-Desired Kabila, Congolese statesman.
- Ali Farka Touré, musician and singer Malian.
Death in 1939
- January 18th: Ivan Mosjoukine, actor and Russian scenario writer.
- January 28th: William Butler Yeats, Irish poet.
- February 2nd: Anatole Deibler, French torturer (° November 29th 1863).
- February 10th: Black and white XI, pope, born Ambrogio Damiano Achilles Ratti (° May 31st 1857).
- March 2nd: Howard Casing, archeologist and British Egyptologist (° May 9th 1874).
- May 13rd: Stanisław Leśniewski, mathematician and philosopher. Polish (° March 30th 1886).
- July 14th: Alphonse Mucha, Czech painter (° July 24th 1860).
- August 5th: Charles of the Boss, writer and critical literary (° October 27th 1882).
- September 18th: Witkacy, philosopher, lampoonist, painter, photographer and novelist Polish (° February 24th 1885).
- September 23rd: Sigmund Freud (83 years), neurologist and psychiatrist - the father of the psychoanalysis (° May 6th 1856).
- November 28th: James Naismith, inventor of the play of Canadian basketball (° November 6th 1861).
Beats-smg: 1939 Be-X-old: 1939 Map-bms: 1939 Simple: 1939 Zh-yue: 1939 年
|Random links:||Anacapa island | Maurice Bayrou | US Tamponnaise Stage | Ski on grass | Samuel Etienne|