1933 with the cinema
- March 28th: Fritz Lang refuses to become the official director of the mode Nazi and leaves the Germany for Paris.
- June 6th: opening of the first cinema “drive in” in Camden in the New Jersey, being able to accommodate 4 000 cars in the open air.
Principal films of the year
- Carioca (Flying down to Rio) of Thornthon Freeland with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire (December 22nd with Hollywood)
- Those of the zone ( has man' S castle ) of Frank Borzage with Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young
- King Kong : American science fiction film of Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack with Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong (March 2nd with New York)
- the invisible man : American science fiction film of James Whale with Claude Rains, Gloria Stuart, William Harrigan.
- Lady Lou (She Gives him wrong) Lowell Sherman with Mae West (February 9th in New York)
- the Beautiful one of Saigon (Red dust) of Victor Fleming with Jean Harlow and Clark Gable. (May 4th)
- the Queen Christine of Rouben Mamoulian with Greta Garbo
- Soup with the duck of Leo McCarey with the Marx Brothers and Margaret Dumont (October 22nd).
- the Head of a man , film of Julien Duvivier.
- Private life of Henry VIII of Alexander Korda with Charles Laughton (August 17th with London).
- the Small Toy (Xiao wanyi) drama of Sun Yu (China).
- suburbs of New York (The bowery) of Raoul Walsh with Wallace Beery and George Raft (October 4th in New York)
- Four girls of Doctor March ( Little women ) : American drama of George Cukor with Katharine Hepburn, Joan Bennett, Paul Lukas.
- the Will of Doctor Mabuse , film of Fritz Lang ( April).
- Mrs Bovary of Jean Renoir with Valentine Tessier, max Dearly, Pierre Renoir.
- to be liked drama of Jacques Tourneur with Pierre Richard-Willm, Suzy Vernon and Marguerite Moreno.
- Victoire of the hope , film of Leni Riefenstahl (December 2nd).
- Zero for conduct dramatic comedy of Jean Vigo with Louis Lefebvre, Jean Dasté and Gerard de Bédarieux, prohibited by the censure (April 7th).
- Better film: Cavalcade of Frank Lloyd (the United States)
- Better actor: Charles Laughton, Private life of Henry VIII (The Private Life off Henry VIII)
- Better actress: Katharine Hepburn, Morning Glory
- Better realizer: Frank Lloyd, Cavalcade
- February 12th: Costa-Gavras (Konstantinos Gavras, known as), French director of Greek origin.
- March 30th: Jean-Claude Brialy, French actor.
- April 9th: Jean-Paul Belmondo, French actor.
- July 18th: Jean Yanne, scenario writer and actor French († May 23rd 2003).
- August 18th: Roman Polanski, realizer and actor Polish.
|Random links:||Mohs scale of hardness | Papa Valentine | Province of Purús | Firewall (film) | Louis Capart | Quatrevingt-treize (film) | Carlo_Innocenzio_Maria_Frugoni|