1890 in sport
- January 25th: Pierre de Coubertin makes appear the first French review on the Athlétisme: the athletic Review (monthly).
- May 31st: Intercolonial Meet , first great athletics meeting in Australia (Moore Park, Sidney).
15th edition of the British championship of cross-country race in Sutton Coldfield. Edward Parry is essential into individual; Salford Harriers removes the title by team.
2nd edition of the championships of athletics of Belgium. Two tests with the program.
- Emile de Ré gains the 100 Mr.
- Gustave Bergman the mile.
11th edition of championships AAA of athletics of Great Britain.
- the Irishman Norman Morgan gains the 100 yards
- Tom Nicholas the 440 yards
- TT Pitman the 880 yards.
- James Kibblewhite the mile, 4 miles and 10 miles.
- William Parry the steeplechase.
- Charles Daft the 120 yards hedges.
- CW Haward the high jump (1,74 m).
- Richard Dickinson the jump with the pole (3,15 m).
- RG Hogarth the long jump (6,09 m).
- RA Greene the shot put (11,48 m).
- Robert Lindsay the throwing the hammer (31,14 m).
15th edition of the championships of athletics of the United States.
- John Owen gains the 100 Mr.
- Fred Westling the 200 Mr.
- William Downs the 400 Mr.
- Harry Dadmun the 800 Mr.
- the British Alfred George 1500 Mr.
- William Young the 3000 steeple.
- Thomas Conneff the 10000 m and the 15 km on road.
- Fred Ducharme the 110 m hedges and the 200 m hedges.
- HL Hallock the high jump (1,78 m).
- Walter Rodenbaugh the jump with the pole (3,20 m).
- Alfred Copland the long jump (7,08 m).
- the Canadian George Gray the shot put (13,33 m).
- the Irishman James Mitchell the throwing the hammer (39,82 m).
- the play of tambourine (palla tamburello) is recognized by the Italian federation of gymnastics which deals with its organization.
- Conflit enters the professional players of US Baseball and their clubs. The best players leave the rows of the League National to assemble a Players League . This championship of 8 teams managed by the players turns, as in 1884, quickly with the bankruptcy… Boston Reds remporent the title with 81 victories and 48 defeats.
- September 1st. Brooklyn Bridegrooms gains three matches championship vis-a-vis Pittsburgh in the same day!
- 15th edition in the USA of the championship of baseball of the National league. The Brooklyn Bridegrooms are essential with 86 victories and 43 defeats. 776.042 spectators attend the 531 matches season, that is to say a very modest average of 1.461 spectators per match.
- 9th edition with the USA of the championship of baseball of American Association. The Louisville Colonels are essential with 88 victories and 44 defeats.
- 9 October 17th. 7th edition in the USA of “World Championship” of baseball enters the champions of American Association and the National league. The Brooklyn Bridegrooms are essential (3-3-1) vis-a-vis the Louisville Colonels.
- February 27th. The boxers Needham and Kerrigan clash during 100 rounds… for a tie!
- June 27th. George Dixon becomes the first black world champion of boxing. He seizes the title while being essential vis-a-vis Nunc Wallace by KB with the 18th recovery.
- 21 July 23rd. First of the three test matches of the English round of the Australian team of cricket. The England beats the Australia by 7 wickets.
- 11 August 12th. 2nd of the three test matches of the English round of the Australian team of cricket. England beats Australia by 2 wickets.
- 25/August 27th. 3rd of the three test matches of the English round of the Australian team of cricket vis-a-vis in England is cancelled because of the rain. England gains the series of Ashes by 2-0.
- Surrey (9 victories, 3 null and 2 defeats) gains the British championship of cricket per Comté.
- Transvaal gains the first South-African championship, Currie Cup.
- Foundation with Angers of the sporting magazine “France Cyclist”.
- March 22nd : Preston North End FC, 15 victories, 3 null and 4 defeats preserves its championship of England of football.
- March 25th : The England beats the Wales 3-1 with Wrexham.
- March 29th : Finale of the 19th F Cup (132 registered voters). Blackburn Rovers 6, Sheffield Wednesday FC 1. 20.000 spectators in Kennington Oval.
- April 5th : With Glasgow, the Scotland and the England: 1-1.
- With the USA, Kensington gains the championship of football organized by the Saint-Louis Association .
- AB gains the championship of Copenhagen of football.
- September 13rd : Inauguration of the stage of Blackburn Rovers: Ewood Park .
- Á Paris, the French Club begins its activities. Clubistes will have to await 1892 to be officially recognized by the prefectoral authorities and 1894 by the sporting authorities.
- detailed Article: 1890 in football
- South Melbourne gains the championship of Football Australia N of the state of Victoria. Port Adelaide champion of South Australia. East Sydney champion of NSW. Fremantle champion of the Western.
- Inauguration of the course of golf of Dinard (France).
- John Ball gains British Open of Golf with Prestwick.
- the English Charles Saunders succeeds Petit like “World champion” of Jeu de Paume.
- A. Bascoul (known as lou drove) gains the Grand Prix of Saint-Louis to This.
- J.A. Travis introduces the technique of the crawl in swimming.
- January 25th. First number of the French sporting monthly review “the athletic Review”. This Parisian publication is initiated by Pierre de Coubertin.
- April 5th. First number of the Bulletin of the USFSA, “Athletic Sports” published with Paris.
- First number of the Parisian sporting magazine, “the Echo of the Sports”.
Ice-skating on ice
- February 15th. the Wales beats the England in Dewsbury.
- March 1st. England beats the Scotland with Edinburgh.
- March 15th. England beats the Ireland in Blackheath.
- Yorkshire is champion of England of the counties.
- Publication of the work “has ski through Greenland” of the Norwegian Fridtjof Nansen whose translations in French, English and German start a passion for the ski in Europe.
- the USA: Riley gains Kentucky Derby.
- England: Sainfoin gains the Derby.
- England: Ilex gains the Large National.
- Ireland: Kentish Fire gains the Derby of Ireland.
- France: Heaume gains the Prix of the Jockey Club.
- France: Wandora gains the Prix of Diane.
- Australia: Carbine gains Melbourne Cup.
- 14th edition of the Tournament of Wimbledon.
- the English Willoughby Hamilton is essential into simple men.
- English the Helene Rice into simple women.
- 10th edition of the championship of the USA.
- February 28th: Joe Malone, player of Canadian Hockey
- July 22nd: Lucien Gamblin, international of Football French
- August 24th: Duke Kahanamoku, American swimmer
- September 15th: Eugene Maës, international of Football French
- October 8th: Philippe Thys, racing cyclist Belgian, victorious of the Tour de France in 1913, 1914 and 1920. († January 16th 1971).
- December 12th: Jean Rigal, international of Football French
|Random links:||French ministries | Semana santa | SermÃ³n | Soviet republics | Economic commission and social for the Occidental Asia | Angel Rambert | Abbottabad | Elmwood,_Louisiane|