This page relates to the year 1836 Gregorian Calendrier.
- the Ndébélés run up against the organized resistance of the Grika and the Korana, and more still with the Boers which destroy their principal village and occupy their grounds (1836 - 1837).
Between 1836 and the middle of the century, of the groups Ngoni come from the Zimbabwe carried out by their chief Zouangendaba, settle in the west and the center of the current Tanzania. Their invasion involves massive destruction of goods and people and a climate of insecurity and violence which facilitate the devastations caused by the draft of the slaves. In addition, they diffuse new designs and military techniques and new forms of organization policies inherited the Zoulous, of which will take as a starting point the chiefs Nyamwezi like Mirambo and Nyungu ya Mawe.
the Mangbetus, which would be originating in the area of the Lac Albert, after having migrated during several decades, are fixed in the area the top Zaire. Their king Nabiembali control at once local ethnos groups while making fertilize systematically by his of the indigenous women, whose wire will be established in their respective maternal mediums, representing the authority mangbetu.
the Chokwe, which were folded up for the period négrière in the hills timbered with the sources of the Kwango, of the Kwiliu and the Kasai (Angola), benefit from the boom of the Ivoire to grow rich. They buy rifles which make hunting more profitable and allow them to buy slaves, especially women. Between 1850 and 1890, the exhaustion of the resources of hunting and gathering and the demographic pressure push them to migrate towards north and is of Angola, the south of the Democratic republic of Congo, to seize the Empire Lounda and to fix the majority of their neighbors.
After the loss of the Brazil, the Portuguese take again an expansionist policy in Angola. From 1836 with 1839, they annex the territories of Matamba and Ginga and create a station with Duque da Bragança to 400 km in the east of Luanda.
Abolition of the governmental monopoly on the Ivory in Angola. The prices increase by 300% with Luanda, causing a boom of exports: 3000 pounds in 1832, 105 000 in 1844, 190 000 in 1859. As of 1850, they exceed in value those of the slaves.
- the general Clauzel decides the resumption of the hostilities. It seizes Mascara (December 1835) then of Tlemcen in January where it installs a garrison. Then it subjects the tribes of the Cheliff and drives out the representative of the emir with Médéa, deserted by its population. Considering that the threat is entreated in the west, it relieves the bey of Constantine and names in its place the major Youssouf, which is established temporarily with Bône.
- April 25th: Abd el-Kader organizes a counter-offensive and beats the troops of the general of Arlanges on the Tafna. A task force ordered by the general Bugeaud is sent of France to release the French camp establishes with the mouth of Tafna.
- July 6th: Bugeaud beats the troops of the emir to the Sikkak, but re-embarks at once for France.
- 13 - November 24th: failure of the forwarding of Constantine.
- February 23rd: Beginning of the Head office of Fort-Alamo.
- February 25th: Exhibition of Joice Heth by Phineas Taylor Barnum; first " human Zoo ".
- March 2nd: The Texas proclaims its independence compared to the Mexico.
- March 6th: Catch of Strong Alamo by the Mexicans showing the death of the 189 defenders.
- March 27th: Massacres of 300 texans with Goliad.
- April 21st: The forces texanes of Sam Houston beat the Mexican army and capture Santa Anna with the Bataille of San Jacinto. end of the Revolution texane.
- June 15th: The Arkansas becomes the twenty-fifth state of the American Union.
- September 5th: Sam Houston is elected president of the République of Texas (1836 - 1838; 1841 - 1844).
- December 7th: Election of Martin Van Buren like chair the United States.
- December 28th: The Spain recognizes the independence of the Mexico.
- October 28th: Decree of formation of the Confederation péruviano - Bolivia on the initiative of the marshal Santa Cruz (1837 - 1839). The Chile feels threatened.
- Following an aggression made by Creek S on white colonists in Alabama, the government sends the army to force 15 000 Creeks judged rebel with expatrier towards the west. The deprivation and the disease make many victims.
- Strike of 1500 workers of the Association of the workers of the textile of Lowell against the raising of prices of their pension (they are placed in dormitories by the company).
- Treated friendship, of trade, peace and of navigation signed with Caracas between the the United States and the Venezuela.
- December 28th: A private company is established with Adélaïde (Australia).
- With died of Antha Thura (Manthaturat), the kingdom of Luang Prabang passes under suzerainty Siam oise.
- Fine of the revolts of the sultans in Malaysia: the repression of the revolts of the sultanates of Pattani, Kelantan, Tregganu and Kedah, supported by the Burmese , assoit suzerainty Thai in the north of the peninsula of Malaysia.
- the refusal of the Chinese authorities to receive the letters of accreditation of the official British, written in terms considered to be abusive, involves a renewal of tension with Canton: smuggling succeeds the trade.
- Aggravation of the crisis of subsistence to the Japan. In the North of the country, the famine would have made a million death.
The Middle East
- In Egypt, Mohammed Ali, convinced of the need for constituting a national body of civils servant, develops higher education. An institute of foreign languages is inaugurated with the Cairo.
- Lebanon: Rupture enters the administrators Lebanese and Egyptians: the Egyptians proceed to a conscription at the Alaouites, the Druzes and the Metoualis. These communities revolt in turn during five months. The Egyptians, initially accommodated as liberators, are gradually rejected by the population. They tax in a way considered to be excessive the agricultural production and silk in particular.
- the Prime Minister Perse Kaïm Hakam is assassinated. Hajji Mirza Aghasi, former tutor of the shah, being wary with regard to of Europeans, succeeds to him.
- In reaction to the bringing together Russo-Persian, the British turn to the Afghanistan, where is sent a commercial mission.
- February: The Prussia, the Austria and the Russia militarily occupy the republic of Cracow (fine in 1841).
June 16th: Creation of the London Working Men' S Association , with an aim of obtaining an electoral reform of the British Parliament (800 000 voters for 6 million people in age to vote), by the London craftsmen Francis Places and William Lovett. It publishes a proclamation denouncing the “rotted Parliament”. Dice 1837, it counts a hundred local groups.
August 12th: Liberal coup d'etat organized with the royal palace of Granja in Spain. It constrained the regent Marie-Christine to restore the liberal Constitution of 1812 and to name a radical ministry.
September 8th: Revolution septembrist with the Portugal. The partisans of the return to the constitution raise themselves with the supports of the people of Lisbon and the army. They restore the liberal constitution of 1822, which the queen swears and settle with the capacity for six years (1842).
- the septembrists aim at equipping the country with structures of autonomy and prepare the future. The septembrism, without popular base is condemned to alliances against nature with the army, and to the failure.
October 25th: Defeat of the Carlistes vis-a-vis Ramon Maria Narvaez.
- October 31st: Riots of Bristol-board to the the United Kingdom.
- Reorganization of the police force and justice in Ireland.
- the Hungarian deputy Lajos Kossuth (1802 - 1894), becomes the parliamentary chief of the “party of the reforms”.
- Of the Poles in exile in France bases the Polish Democratic society which gathers, on the base of a moderated text, the noble ones and democrats.
- Creation in Russia of Ve section of the private Chancellery, charged to supervise the administration of the peasants of State.
See also: 1836 in France
- February 22nd: First ministry Thiers.
- June 25th: Attack of Louis Alibaud against Louis-Philippe Ier.
- September 6th: First ministry Mole.
- October 30th: Attempt at rising of Strasbourg by the prince Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte.
Chronologies sets of themes
Art & culture
- July 29th, France: Inauguration of the Triumphal arch of the Star
- September: Prohibition in Russia of the Telescope of Nadejdine to have published the First philosophical Letter of Tchaadaïev (Pyotr Chaadaev).
- October 25th: Erection of the obelisk of the Place of the Harmony.
- Publication with Paris of the first number of the daily newspaper Le Monde , which will cease appearing less than one year later, after the publication of sound 350e and last number.
Foundation of the University of London.
- February 29th: First edition of the Horse-race British of the Large National, with Maghull.
- July 14th: 2nd edition of the “Scandinavian Olympic Games” with Ramsola (Sweden): fight, haltères, to climb with the cord, race and gymnastics.
- Surrey is crowned champion of Cricket in England.
- the practice of the drunk in Brittany is only confined from now on with the Pays of Lorient where parts take place until in 1914.
Science and technology
See also: 1836 in science
Economy & Company
- June 16th, Publicity: Girardin makes insert for the first time in its newspaper, the Press , of the commercial advertisements, which enables him to lower the price of them.
- Spain: Suppression of the monastic properties and the majorats. Suppression of the Mesta.
- Eugene and Adolphe Schneider gives in exploitation the forging mills of the Creusot.
the British railway network covers 1600 km.
- First blast furnace of Bohemia fed out of coke with Vitkovice.
- First tests of Puddling in the metallurgical establishments of the Center of the Russia and the the Ural (45% of the production of iron Ouralien in 1845).
- First Railroad in Russia.
Births in 1836
- January 8th: Sir Laurens Alma-Tadema, British painter of Dutch origin
- January 14th: Henri Fantin-Latour, painter and lithographer French
- February 21st: Léo Delibes, Type-setter
- March 14th: Jules Joseph Lefebvre, painter French, († February 24th 1911)
- May 14th: Wilhelm Steinitz, first official world champion of failures
- June 1st: Jules Chéret, painter and lithographer French († September 23rd 1932)
- July 8th: Joseph Chamberlain, British politician († 1914)
- July 17th: Joseph Michon, doctor and politician French
- August 16th: Agustín Perera, Spanish Matador († June 12th 1870).
- August 23rd: Marie-Henriette of Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archduchess of Austria, second queen of the Belgian .
- October 15th: Jacques-Joseph Tissot (James Tissot), French painter
- Mendele-Mokher-Sefarim, Russian writer of Hebraic language and Yiddish.
Death in 1836
- January 21st: Andre Etienne Justin Pascal Joseph François d' Audebert de Férussac Naturalist and soldier French (° 1786).
- March 9th: Antoine-Louis-Claude Destutt de Tracy, philosopher ideologist (° 1754).
- April 7th: William Godwin, political philosopher and English novelist, with London (° 1756).
- June 10th: Andre-Marie Amp (° 1775).
- June 20th: Emmanuel-Joseph Sieyès, Politician, French academician (armchair 31) (° 1748)
- June 26th: Mullet of Lisle, the father of the Marseilles .
- June 28th: James Madison, President of the United States (° 1751).
- September 17th: Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu, French botanist (° 1748)
- September 23rd: Malibran, born Marie Garcia, singer of opera (° 1808).
- November 6th: Charles X (° 1757) (79 years), ex-king de France, count de Ponthieu, elder of the Capétiens and chief of the House of France, with Gorizia.
Beats-smg: 1836 Be-X-old: 1836 Map-bms: 1836 Simple: 1836 Zh-yue: 1836 年
|Random links:||Peeled mountain | Rahay | -529 | Freddie Tuilagi | Anodonta|