This page relates to the year 1833 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 24th: The Civil code French, introduced with the Senegal in 1830, is increased by a precision: any person living in Senegal enjoys the civic rights and political there of the French.
- August 23rd: Abolition of slavery in the British empire.
- the Zoulous invest the area of Lourenço Marques with the Mozambique where was installed a Portuguese garrison. They burn many surrounding villages. As of 1834, the Baie of Delagoa is controlled.
Treated commercial between Zanzibar and the the United States, which obtain the clause of the most favoured nation. The sultan removes the taxation of exports and tiny room to 5% those on the imports.
the trafficker of Brazilian slave Domingo Jose Martins is installed with Ouidah and Porto-Novo on the Côte of the slaves. It makes fortune in the trade of the slaves between 1845 and 1850, then launches out in the trade of the Palm oil until its death in 1864.
- June 5th: The commander of the troops of Oran Desmichels seizes Arzew.
- July 28th: Desmichels takes Mostaganem.
- September 29th - October 2nd: A task force sent of France unloads with Bougie (Trézel).
- the Othoman sultan tries to restore its authority in regencies of North Africa. A mission is sent in Tripolitaine, then with Tunis. The Bey de Tunis proposes to the Othoman representative in Tripolitaine the contest of its army to reverse the successor of Youssef Karamanli, `Ali Pasha, to replace it by his/her Mustapha brother, who could not settle with Oran the previous year.
- January 3rd: The the United Kingdom occupies the Falkland Islands.
- March 2nd: The Congress of the United States vote the Force Bill , law intended to make apply the customs tariffs of 1828, of which some are lowered because of the opposition of many States (the South Carolina with decided to take the weapons in January to express its refusal to apply the law).
- March 4th: Beginning of the second mandate of Andrew Jackson, President of the United States
- System of the skins to the the United States: almost the whole of the administration is replaced under Andrew Jackson.
- April 1st: The general Santa Anna becomes president of the Mexico. Mexico changes 36 times of president between 1833 and 1855.
- April 3rd: American colonists secessionists meet in the Texas under the initiative of Stephen F. Austin to provide the foundations of a program of which the goal is to obtain the independence of the Texas. The Constitution envisaged takes as a starting point that of the the United States.
- May 25th: Constitution with the Chile. It symbolizes the oligarchical order protecting the privileges from the Catholic church or the aristocracy (majorat) while founding a democracy of frontage. Every five years dice faked elections make it possible to ratify the changing with the capacity. The mode presidentialist makes it possible Diego Portales to consolidate the Central state.
- June 3rd: The Corporation of the city of Montreal is born, and its first mayor is Jacques Viger (1787 - 1858).
- September 2nd: Opening of the college of Oberlin (Ohio), the first to admit the women and the Blacks.
- September 19th: Military riot with Montreal.
- 12 - November 13rd: Star rain in Alabama (Léonides).
- the American anti-slavery Company ( American Anti-Slavery Society ) is founded with Philadelphia.
- January 6th: The emperor Nguyễn Minh Mạng proclaims p=la general persecution against the Christians with the Vietnam.
- July: Rising of Saigon. Supported by the Siam, the insurrection counts among its members of noble on which their titles however do not confer any political right and of many Christians.
- August 28th: Abolition of the monopoly of the English Company of the Eastern Indies under the pressure of the commercial and financial lobbies of the metropolis. The the United Kingdom decides to control directly while being based on the local authorities. The first provinces to be passed under direct control of the crown will be the Bengal, the Bihâr and the Orissa.
- Japan: Beginning of the great famine of the era Tenpô which will last ten years. Many demonstrations and riots against the rise in the price of rice take place with Edo, Osaka and in province. The shogounat is constrained to take measures to distribute rice at low prices and to attack the monopoly of the merchants.
- Of the French missionaries propagates Christianity in Korea (company of the Foreign missions of Paris).
The Middle East
- April 8th: The Great Britain and France impose to the sultan the convention of Koutayeh by which Méhémet Ali obtains the pachalik of Egypt on a purely hereditary basis and the Syria, conquered in 1832 by his/her Ibrahim son, on a purely basis for life.
- April: Russian intervention in the first war turco-Egyptian woman, at the request of the sultan Mahmud II. Ten thousand men unload on Asian bank of the the Bosphorus.
- July 8th: Before withdrawing its army of Constantinople, the Russia imposes on the Sublime Door the Traité of Unkiar-Skelessi which gives him a privileged position in the Ottoman Empire: Alliance for eight years, secret clause closing the Dardanelles with any foreign ship if the Russia requires it.
- February 6th: The prince Othon of Bavaria becomes the first king of Greece.
- April 3rd: Failure of a liberal rising against the Diet of Frankfurt. A commission of the Diet receives the capacity to inquire to thwart the revolutionary activities.
- July 8th: Treated of Unkiar-Skelessi between the Russia and the Turkey. Alliance for 8 years, secret clause closing Dardanelles with any foreign ship if Russia requires it.
- August 29th: With the the United Kingdom, the Factory Act limit at 48 hours weekly the employment of the children.
- September 9th: Opening in Bohemia of the Conference of Münchengrätz : The Prussia, the Russia and the Austria are intended to fight in concert against the revolutionary movements. They decide to militarily intervene in order to maintain the Grand-Duché of Luxembourg within the framework of the Germanic Confédération.
- September 19th: Convention of Münchengrätz between the Russia and the Austria: mutual guarantee their Polish territories.
- September: Reorganization of the Greek Church, which becomes independent of Constantinople. A royal decree removes the four fifth of the monasteries and imposes the ecclesiastical incomes and goods. By weakening the political and economic power of the Church, the royal decree raises the protest of the episcopate which is constituted in independent synod.
- September 20th: With Prague, celebration of the majority of the duke of Bordeaux, which has just been 14 years old.
- September 29th: Crisis of succession in Spain : Beginning of the reign of Isabelle II of Spain with died of Ferdinand VII of Spain (fine in 1868).
- the Salic law having been abolished, the queen Marie-Christine is proclaimed regent of her daughter Isabelle II, three years old. She is supported by the liberals and the centralists (moderate of Martínez of Rosa or progressists of Baldomero Espartero).
- the younger brother of Ferdinand VII, Charles (gift Carlos), calls upon the salic law to assert the crown (Carlisme).
- October 3rd: Don Carlos, brother of Ferdinand VII, supported by the traditionalists, in favor of a theocratic royalty, and the particularists (Catalan, Basque, Valencian, Navarrese), is estimated sovereign legitimate under the name of Charles V, which involves the first war carlist (1833 - 1839).
- October 15th: Convention of Berlin. Secret agreement of assistance between the Prussia, the Austria and the Russia.
- November: Reform Javier of Burgos, which cuts out the Spain in 49 provinces.
- Antologia de Vieusseux, which was radicalized since 1831, is prohibited in Italy.
- Code of the laws in 15 volumes in Russia: test of systematization of the laws in force.
- Sergueï Ouvarov (“autocracy, orthodoxy, national spirit”) becomes Minister for the state education in Russia (1833-1849).
- Annexation with the Serbia of the “six districts”.
See also: 1833 in France
Chronologies sets of themes
Art & culture
Publication of the Fifty-three stages of the road of Tokaido , work of the Japanese painter Hiroshige.
- the French sculptor François Rude undertakes a high relief for the triumphal arch of Paris the Marseillaise (fine in 1836).
- Sussex is crowned champion of Cricket in England.
- Establishment of gymnasia in the military places of Metz, Strasbourg, Arras, Lyon, Montpellier, Rheims and Toulouse.
- November 11th. Foundation of the Jockey Club with Paris.
Science and technology
See also: 1833 in science
Economy and company
- Jakob Friedrich Kammerer founds in Austria the first factory of production of matches to phosphorus, ignitable by simple friction.
- Creation of the Lloyd, company of maritime trade to Trieste.
- Russia: Prohibition of the auction of serfs without ground to discharge debts private, and sales dispersing the members of the same family.
Births in 1833
- April 30th: Benedykt Dybowski, zoologist Polish († January 31st 1930)
- May 5th: Ferdinand von Richthofen, geographer and German geologist
- May 7th: Johannes Brahms, type-setter
- July 27th: Thomas George Bonney, British geologist
- August 22nd: Sir Edward Collie Ball-Jones, British painter
- October 8th: Andre Theuriet, poet, novelist and dramatic author French. († April 23rd 1907)
- October 21st: Alfred Nobel, industrial Swedish and instigator of the Nobel Prize
Death in 1833
- February 6th: Pierre Andre Latreille, Entomologist French (° 1762).
- May 10th: François Andrieux: man of law and Academician French
- July 5th: Joseph Nicéphore Niépce, engraver and French inventor of photography.
- July 6th: Pierre-Narcisse Guerin, French painter (° 1774).
- July 29th: William Wilberforce, British humanistic thinker (° 1759), who fought slavery within the “sect of Clapham”.
- October 25th: Felix Louis Herminier, Pharmacy N and Naturalist French (° 1779).
- Abu Al Qasim Al-Zayyani, Moroccan chronicler.
Beats-smg: 1833 Be-X-old: 1833 Map-bms: 1833 Simple: 1833 Zh-yue: 1833 年
|Random links:||Mesopotamia | Propagation by cutting | Tramecourt | Jurassic Park To rivet Adventure | Extremely of Fléron | Geoff Brown|