1814 in science
- the British engineer George Stephenson builds the first engine with vapor which functions with the mine of Killingworth.
- the Koenig printer manufactures the first printing machine mechanical. The first presses with vapor are used with the London Times .
- St Margaret' S Westminster is the first district of London to being enlightened with gas.
- philosophical Test on the probabilities of Laplace.
- Work of the mathematician Augustin Cauchy (theory of the functions of a variable complexes) who take it along to formulate many laws or functions fixing the mathematical analysis (1814-1830).
- June 5th: Pierre-Laurent Wantzel, Mathematician French
- September 3rd: James Joseph Sylvester, British mathematician
|Random links:||Shunzhi | Yekaterina Grigoryeva | Suphanburi FC | List indictments of Pierre Desproges to the Court of obvious are delirious | Dowson gas | Libéralisme_en_Chypre|