This page relates to the year 1750 Gregorian Calendrier.
13 - January 17th: Treaty of Madrid, envisaging corrections of borders between Portugal and Spain in South America: the Colônia of Sacramento was to be exchanged against the seven missions Jesuits of the Uruguay. The Indians of the reductions Jesuits, supported and armed by the monks, refuse incorporation with the Portugal (Guerre of Guaranis), so much so that it will be necessary to revise the treaty in 1761.
- After this treaty of the limits, a team of cartographers, directed by Mendonça Furtado, explores the the Amazon.
- the seizure on the territory of the seven missions allows the British, allied with the Portuguese, to practice smuggling with the Peru by avoiding the disputes with the Spaniards of the Rio of Plata.
- September: Construction of Strong Lawrence on the ruins of Beaubassin by a man of very the name, in Nova Scotia.
- Foundation of the State of Dosso by the Zarma of the clan of Taguru and birth of the dynasty of the Zarmakoy, in the Dallol Bosso (western of the current Niger).
- the dynasty of the Massassi reign on the kingdom of Kaarta (fine in 1854), which covers the old circles of Nioro, Nara, Yélimané and Kita.
the Moroccan pachalik of Tombouctou does not exist any more.
- Reign of Kusi Obodom, asantehene of the Ashanti (deposited in 1764)
- anti-Chinese Riot with the Tibet. The Chinese residents are massacred by the Dzoungar party.
- With died of the general Pholané (1747), the government of the Tibet is again entrusted to the Dalai Lama S. the capacity passes between the hands of the regents, religious Gelugpa, and the intrigues within the cabinet of the ministers and the big families are used as policy during more than one century.
- Ahmad Shah Abdali is established with the Panjab.
The Middle East
- Karim Khan Zend (1750-1779) proclaims Vakil (regent) Iran with Chiraz for capital. It founds the Dynastie Zand.
- July 31st: Beginning of the reign of Joseph Ier of Portugal (fine in 1777).
- August 2nd: Sebastião Jose de Carvalho E Mello (future Marquis de Pombal, 1699-1682), becomes Foreign Minister with the Portugal.
- the new king is conscious that material changes are necessary to rectify the situation of the country inside and its influence outside. It is necessary to face problems political (failure of the absolutism), economic (lowers colonial incomes), social (power of the nobility) and cultural (teaching deprives). Joseph Ier calls upon several Secretaries of State, of which Carvalho E Mello, to carry out this work of rectification.
- November 16th: inauguration of the bridge of Westminster
- Great Britain: With the House of Commons, 255 seats out of 588 (43%) are under direct control of the nobility.
- Kaunitz becomes ambassador of Austria to Versailles (fine in 1753).
- In Transylvania, the peasants Szeklers (Sicules), up to that point free, is compels with the service in the military border.
- Marie-Therese off-sets in the Banat evacuated by the Moslems of the criminals and the vagrants.
- Cyrille Razoumovski, brother of the morganatic husband of Elisabeth Anger of Russia, is elected Hetman. The Russian civils servant leave the Ukraine, whose supervision passes from the Senate to the college of the Foreign affairs.
- January - May: Riots in Paris which make following the will of the count d' Argenson of moraliser Paris by expelling towards the Louisiana the girls of loose living and the Vagabond S.
- February: The assembly of the States of the Languedoc, which has just refused the Twentieth, is dissolved by the police chiefs of the king.
- After some reserves, the Parlement of Paris records the Edict of the Twentieth.
- the Parliament of the clergy, joined together in May, dominated by the episcopate, refuses to accept the edict of twentieth, and considering that the contract between the clergy and the royalty was broken, does not grant any “free gift” (summer). The States of Artois, Languedoc and Brittany protest in the name of their right (the tradition requires their assent for the perception of a new tax). The assembly of the clergy is dissolved on royal order by Mr. de Saint-Florentin, Secretary of State. A wave of arrest falls down on the deputies of the States of Brittany.
- the political crisis supports the popular disorders: Parisian crowd walks on Versailles and is dispersed by the force (May). The situation with Paris if is tended that Louis XV makes build a road circumventing the capital to go from Versailles to Compiegne (road of the revolt).
- Be: Business of removals of children. The police force hails young vagrants, many in the capital, and sometimes by error of the children of rather good family. Frequent popular riots answer these sequestrations, blaming the police superintendents and the authorities, shown to cover the intrigues of a leprous lord who tries to cure thanks to blood baths!
- November 25th: Edict which confers the hereditary nobility to the officers having the rank of Général.
- At the Court constitutes a strong party Dévot which supports the opposition of the Church to the new taxes, around Marie Leszczynska, several bishops (of Paris, Sens, Amiens, Orleans) and of the girls of the king (Mrs Adélaïde). With the government, theclerical ones are minority (Cardinal of Tencin, the former Boyer bishop, manager of the sheet of the benefit, of Argenson, Secretary of State to the war). The Minister of Justice Machault d' Arnouville (1750 - 1757) in support of Madam de Pompadour and majority of the government, Saint-Florentin cheese (House of the king), Rusted (Navy), Puizieulx (Foreign affairs) and its successor Saint-Contest, San Severino, Trudaine, etc At the Court, the partisans of the reform of the tax department count on the marshal of Noailles, the abbot De Broglie, the Maréchal of Richelieu…
- Tolerance in fact of the Protestant worships in France.
Art & culture
- Frontage of the church of Misericordia with Oporto by Nicolau Nasoni.
- Excavations of the Villa of Papyri to Herculanum.
Science & technology
- original Year theory gold new hypothesis off the universe ( an original theory or a new assumption on the universe ). The British Astronome Thomas Wright discusses the Galaxie S and the form of the Milky Way.
Economy & company
- One estimates that the half of the trade of the Spanish Americas is done by the British “vessel of permission” based to Oporto Belo (isthmus of Panama).
- Marie-Therese founds in the free port of Fiume the first cane sugar refinery of the empire.
- the yield cereals reaches the threshold of 6,3 quintaux/ha in Germany, Prussia and Scandinavia.
- Development of the culture of the Potato to the Denmark.
- School of the marine in Russia.
Births in 1750
- January 7th: Jean-Xavier Office of Pusy, military engineer and French politician. († February 2nd 1806).
- January 18th: Johann Gottlob Schneider, philologist and German Naturalist († 1822).
- February 14th: Rene Desfontaines, French botanist († 1831).
- March 16th: Caroline Herschel, British astronomer of German origin († January 9th 1848 in Hanover, Germany)
- April 1st: Hugo Kołłątaj, militant and political writer, theorist and philosopher Polish († February 28th 1812)
- July 29th: Fabre d' Églantine, actor, playwright, poet and politician French († April 5th 1794)
- August 18th: Antonio Salieri, Italian type-setter.
- December 4th: Henri Gregoire says the Abbé Gregoire, priest and revolutionist (death in 1831)
- December 25th: Claude-Pierre Dellay d' Agier, writer and Politician French. († August 4th 1827).
Death in 1750
- June 15th: Marguerite de Launay, baroness Staal, écrivaine
- July 28th: Jean-Sebastien Bach, type-setter
- November 30th: Maurice of Saxony (1696-1750) " The Marshal of Saxe".
- Alberto Churriguera, artist baroque of Salamanque (1676-1750).
- Right Aurèle Meissonnier, decorator, engraver and goldsmith (Turin, 1695 - Paris, 1750).
- Cornelis Troost, Dutch painter (1697 -1750).
Be-X-old: 1750 Map-bms: 1750 Simple: 1750 Zh-yue: 1750 年
|Random links:||The Eagles (album) | Osmaniye | Xanana Gusmão | Dimitri Mitropoulos | Nikolaï Medtner|