This page relates to the year 1726 Gregorian Calendrier.
- January 11th: Charles of Boische of Beauharnois becomes governor of the News-France.
- March 23rd: Foundation of Florianópolis to the Brazil.
- April 13rd: Foundation of Fortaleza to the Brazil.
- December 10th: Canonization of Turibio de Mongrovejo.
- December 24th: Foundation of the town of Montevideo by Spanish to stop the incursions of the Portuguese colonists coming from the Brazil.
Revolt of the slaves in Guadeloupe.
- the French are established with the Seychelles.
- February 26th: Charles Albert becomes voter of Bavaria.
July 26th/August 6th: The Germanic empire and the Russia conclude an alliance against the Turkey. Russia reaches the Traité of Vienna (1725), signed between the emperor Charles VI and the Spain. It puts 30 000 men at the disposal of its allies in exchange of their support in the event of war against the Othoman .
- Frederic-Guillaume Ier of Prussia, fear to be used by the Western States against the Russia and the Emperor, is linked with the Austria by recognizing the Pragmatic Sanction against the promise to obtain the Duché of Berg.
- Foundation of the first maconnic cabin of Bohemia to Prague by the count Sporek (1662 - 1738).
- Fire with Lisbon.
- hot Years (1726 - 1728). early Grape harvest.
- June 11th: The king Louis XV congédie the duke of Bourbon-Cop which leaves in exile to Chantilly.
- June 14th: Michel Robert the Furrier of the Forts is named General inspector of finances (fine in 1730).
- June 15th:
- Fleury, which will become cardinal in September, former tutor of the 73 years old king, is named minister of state. He controls without audacity, but with wisdom, until his death in 1743. Careful, moderate but firm, it succeeds in restoring the balance in the budget thanks to measurements of economy. It follows a rather peaceful foreign policy.
- Stabilization of the currency, prepared by Dodun and realized by the Furrier of the Forts. The Book tournaments become the franc, remains the unchanged basic unit until the First World War (0,31 gram of fine gold of 1726 with 1774) divided into 20 grounds of 12 sums of money. The louis of gold is worth 24 books, the large ecu, of money, is worth 6 books, the ecu, of money, is worth 3 books. The money of account report/ratio/real currency is fixed once for all.
- August 19th - September: Fleury restores the mode of the firm . Forty farmers general join for a total lease of 80 million to pour with the king on the salt, the Aides, the drafts, etc the Furrier of the Forts authorizes a too weak lease, which will be raised thereafter (91 million in 1738, 102 in 1750, 110 in 1755, 138 in 1773). The financial ones and the general inspector of finances undergo unpopularity due to this awkward lease. In period of peace (1726), these indirect taking away ensure 46% of budgetary re-entries, against 43% coming from the direct tax.
- D.M. Galitzine, Minister for Finance, becomes member of the secret council (1726 - 1730).
- ordering Edict, by measurement of economy, fusions of the public schools created by Pierre Large the with the seminars.
- the Jésuites are threatened of expulsion by the king of Portugal if they persist in not taking share with the procession of the Corpus Christi to her continuation. He will partly évincera them of teaching to the profit of the oratoriens, more opened with the cultural innovations and the scientific experimentation.
Art & culture
See also: 1726 with the theater
- Following a dispute with the knight of Rohan at my end of January, Voltaire is embastillé once again, and must be exiled once again in England as of its release (end in 1729).
- October 26th: The Irish writer of English language Jonathan Swift publishes “ the Gulliver's Travels ”.
- Publication in China of Qinding Gujin tushu jicheng , the encyclopedia of Chen Menglei.
- the British Ephraim Chambers publishes a encyclopedia which will be used as model with that of Denis Diderot 25 later.
- the Seasons (1726-1730), collection of poems of James Thomson (1700-1748).
- the royal Académie of the Spanish language publishes the Dictionario of autoridades .
- Partitas of Jean-Sebastien Bach (1726 - 1731).
Births in 1726
- February 6th: Patrick Russell, Doctor and British Naturalist († 1805).
- June 3rd: James Hutton, British geologist .
- June 14th: Thomas Pennant, amateur of antiquities and British naturalist († 1798).
- August 9th: Francesco Cetti, priest Jesuit, Zoologist and Italian Mathematician († 1778).
- September 7th: Philidor (François-Andre Dunican), player of failures and type-setter.
Death in 1726
June 18th: Michel-Richard Delalande: French musician.
- September 16th: Jakob Prandtauer, Austrian architect baroque (1658 -1726).
- Jean-Baptiste Bullet de Chamblain, architect (1665 -1726).
Be-X-old: 1726 Map-bms: 1726 Simple: 1726 Zh-yue: 1726 年
|Random links:||Air Bosna | Vampyrum spectrum | Phil Esposito | City education | Name of Greece|