This page relates to the year 1724 Gregorian Calendrier.
- Beginning of the reign of Baadi IV Abou Chilouk, king of the Sennar, in the current Sudan (end in 1762).
- Agadja, king of the Dahomey, seizes the kingdom of Allada (Bénin).
- the kingdoms of the Dekkan and Oudh are declared independent of the Moghols in India. Nizam-ul-Mulk, governor of Hyderabad, control surface as an independent sovereign.
Expulsion of all the Christian missionaries of China.
The Middle East
- June 23rd: Treaty of division of the Persian territories of the Caspian signed between the Turks and the Russia with Constantinople.
Dynasty Qâdjâr in Iran.
- May 7th: Crowning of Catherine Ire of Russia.
- May 15th: Wittelsbach er Hausunion . Maximilien-Emmanuel of Bavaria sets up a common administration with the Palatinat.
- May 29th: Beginning of the Pontificat of Benoît XIII (fine in 1730) It is let control by the cardinal Niccolo Coscia.
- December 7th, Poland: Court of the Blood of Thorn. A lawsuit takes place with Thorn in connection with a school Jesuit: the mayor and nine middle-class men of the municipal council, all Lutherans, are condemned to died and are decapitated.
- May 14th: Royal declaration against the Huguenot S. It does not generate persecutions but imposes the catholic instruction forced for the children.
- July 18th: Schedule on enfermement and the energization of the vagrants.
- August 29th: Creation of the Commission of tolls.
- September 24th: The Bourse de Paris is instituted: it will contribute to the economic advancement of France to the XVIIIe century.
- October 29th: The duke of Bourbon plans to return the infante of Spain which the king must marry: the government preserves a probritannic orientation, and moreover the infante is too young person to quickly give a dolphin to the France.
- Deflation of the Book tournaments, inspired by Joseph Paris Duverney. Institution of the tax of fiftieth of the land incomes by Dodun, including those of noble, in kind taken. The marshal of Villars opposes it and the tax fails.
- Law making the school obligatory for all the children, under catholic control.
- the Quakers are opposed to the Esclavage.
- Rupture of the Jansenists with papacy with the Netherlands: the Steenoven vicar, elected bishop by the chapter of Utrecht, does not receive the nomination of Rome but is made devote by a suspended bishop, Varlet. The seats of Harlem (1742) of Deventer (1752) will join the archbishop's palace of Utrecht in the schism.
- Reinforcement of Catholicism in Poland.
Art & culture
See also: 1724 with the theater
- January 22nd: Creation of the Academy of Science of Russia.
- January 28th: Creation of the University of State de Saint-Pétersbourg.
- February 20th: first of Giulio Cesare in Egitto opera of Georg Friedrich Haendel with London.
- Of the freedom and the need for the pleasure and the sorrow of Benjamin Franklin.
- the Prince disguised , the unforeseen Outcome and False Following the , comedies of Marivaux.
- Didone abbandonata , melodrama of Pierre Metastasis.
- archaeological Discovery of the Villa of Hadrian to Tivoli.
Science & technology
- New military Discoveries of the knight Jean-Charles Folard (1669-1752) who recommends the major order, of the compact columns which seek to insert the enemy. Its theories do not take account of the increase in the rate of shooting and the use of light artillery against the infantry. To use all the means of fire, the innovative theorists recommend the mean order, in which the army is spread on three rows vis-a-vis the enemy.
- Gabriel Fahrenheit inventive of the principle of the Thermometer, carried out by Centigrade Anders in 1742, between with the Royal Society. He proposes the scale of temperature which bears its name.
- the Râja Jai Singh II finishes the first of its five observatories to the monumental instruments with Delhi.
Economy & company
- September 24th: Foundation of the Bourse de Paris.
- the Russia institutes a customs protection.
- Increase in the commercial traffic of the port of Saint-Pétersbourg (16 foreign vessels in 1714, 53 in 1715, 119 in 1722, 180 in 1724).
- Russia: The Army counts 200 000 with 300 000 men (of which 100 000 Cossacks) and the navy has 20 000 with 30 000 sailors assembled on about fifty vessels on the Baltic , the White Sea and the Sea of Azov.
Wall cupboard protecting the national trade in Sweden, inspired of the British Acts of navigation.
- Actualization of the “Black Code”, reinforcing the total dependence of the black slaves with regard to their Masters.
- Reorganization of the Spanish navy after the sicilian disaster.
- the general Georges Wade, commander-in-chief of the British army in Scotland, makes build with the expenses of the taxpayers 400 km of roads in order to better hold the country, between 1724 and 1740.
Births in 1724
- April 22nd: Emmanuel Kant, German philosopher († 1804).
- June 30th: Johann Julius Walbaum, Doctor and German Naturalist († 1799).
- June 8th: John Smeaton, British Engineer .
Death in 1724
- August 31st: Louis Ier, king d' Espagne. (° August 25th 1707).
- November 16th: Jack Sheppard, hung in London.
Be-X-old: 1724 Map-bms: 1724 Simple: 1724 Zh-yue: 1724 年
|Random links:||33 (number) | Altavilla Monferrato | Route European 381 | Lake of Ganguise | 1994 with the failures|