This page relates to the year 1716 Gregorian Calendrier.
- August: The French, with 225 soldiers and militiamans like several Amerindians, attack the Foxes in their territory of the Wisconsin and obtain a capitulation.
- Foundation of the Mission Concepcion by the franciscains. Permanent occupation of the Texas by the Spaniards.
- February 19th: the Négus Yostos of Ethiopia is strangled on the order of the clergy. David III succeeds to him (fine of reign in 1721). It makes build with Gondar the “House of Joy”.
- March 17th: Ippolito Desideri reached Lhassa with the Tibet (fine in 1721).
- Jesuits and capuchins in parallel tries to found missions in Tibet at the beginning of the 18th century. In 1716, the father capuchin Orazio Della Penna and the Jesuits Emmanuel Freyre and Ippolito Desideri find themselves with Lhassa. In spite of the dissensions between the two orders, Desideri and Della Penna start to study the Tibetan together. They are received with the monastery of Will be, close to Lhassa. Desideri leaves Tibet in 1721, and on its return a report writes which will be published only in 1904. It described there the form of government and the intense marketing activity reigning with Lhassa. Della Penna lives during sixteen years in Tibet. Starting from 1720, the Mandchous push the monks to be wary of the Westerners and the missions will close the ones after the others. First mark of relations inter-nuns which will reappear at the XXe century, the pope Benoît XIV writes a letter for the 7th Dalaï Lama, Kelzang Gyatso which it gives to the father Orazio Della Penna.
- June 19th, Japan: Yoshimune Tokugawa becomes Shogun (fine in 1745). Reforms of the Era Kyōhō.
- China: The English Company opens the traffic of the The with Canton. The payment is ensured in Opium, whose British introduce the culture with the Bengal.
Mongolia: The Manchu empire mobilizes the khanats Khalkha S which provide him the means of transport and the supply to fight against the Dzoungars. The aïmak of Tsetsen khan must provides six thousand camels, that of Touchetou a hundred and thousand sheep.
In India, the independent State Sikh is crushed by the imperial army moghole. Their chief Banda is tortured and carried out by the Moghols.
- January 16th, Catalonia: Nueva Planted , representing the abolition of the Fueros (privileges) of Aragon. The government of the Aragonese kingdoms is entrusted to a general captain, military governor. Royal courts, the went down for hearing , are instituted. The special fiscal advantages are removed to create a new tax of distribution.
- February 25th - April 19th: Charles XII of Sweden invades the Norway and takes Christiania.
- April 8th: The Swedes capitulate with Wismar, in Germany.
- April 13rd: The Germanic Roman Emperor Charles VI declares the war with the Ottoman Empire (fine in 1718).
- June 5th: Treaty of Westminster between the emperor Charles VI and Georges Ier
- July 20th: Difficult negotiation between Philippe of Orleans and Stairs to treat an alliance enters France and the the United Kingdom. Stanhope arranges with $the Hague a meeting between the Abbé Dubois and the king of the the United Kingdom. The British claim the destruction of the lock of Mardyck and that the applicant is driven out of Avignon. In spite of the threat of a Franco-Russian alliance, the agreement tramples.
- June 24th: The Wallachian prince Stefan Cantacuzène, shown of intrigue with the Austrians, is carried out with Constantinople.
- July 8th: Danish naval Victoire on Sweden Battle of Dynekilen.
- July 8th - August 20th: Failure of the seat of Corfou by the Othomans, defended by Johann Matthias von der Schulenburg.
- August 5th: Battle of Petrovaradin (Peterwardein). The top dog Silahdar Ali Pasha joins together 120 000 men with Belgrade and walks on Peterwardein, in Slavonie, where it is crushed by the 70 000 Austrians of the Prince Eugene.
- August 26th: The Prince Eugene puts the seat in front of Temesvar which capitulates mid-October. The count of Mercy is named governor of the Banat.
- August: Conflict between Pierre Large the and his son Alexis, opposed to the reforms. Pierre, who wanted to convince it by the constraint, failed (1715). He threatens to disinherit Alexis who, fearing for his life, takes refuge near the emperor Charles VI (October 7th) which hides it in the kingdom of Naples. Pierre made there remove (1718).
- October 9th: Treaty of defensive league enters the France and the the United Kingdom.
- Failure of the diplomatic voyage of Pierre Large the in Europe (1716 - 1717). Pierre Large the occupies the Mecklembourg and threatens the Hanover. Georges Ier gains his electorate.
- the emperor Charles VI has a Leopold son who saw only a few months.
- Septennial Act with the the United Kingdom: Electoral law which prolongs from three to seven years the legal duration of a Parliament.
- the tsar of Russia orders the census of all the dissidents of Raskol and takes tax measures (doubly of the tax).
- Guillaume Dubois becomes adviser of State.
- the regent Philippe of Orleans interdict to the French sailors the access of the South Seas to bring back the Spain. The Spanish minister Alberoni does not make a gesture. Louville tries to negotiate near Philippe V of Spain, but is not received.
- March 14th: The Council of Regency unanimously approves the establishment of a Room of justice against the financial ones held for véreux.
- April 1st: Fleury is named tutor of the King.
- May 2nd: The British Law opens a private banking to show the cogency of sound system based on the credit, the general Banque, with the capital of 6 million books, composed of 25% of species and 75% of effects State. He receives the privilege of emission of banknotes.
- May 10th: A stop of the Council of Regency challenges the claims of the dukes and par in the business of the bonnet (the first presidents of the Parliament refuse to take off their bonnets at the moment when they request the vote of the duke and pars).
- Dissensions in the nobility enters the members of Parliament and the princes of blood, temporarily united, bastard legitimated Louis XIV combined with nobility nonducal, reforming, and the dukes and pars.
- August 15th: Philippe of Orleans makes a new concession with the Parlement of Paris by yielding to him precedence de facto in the procession of the Assomption.
Art & culture
See also: 1716 with the theater
- January 2nd: Decree of creation of the National library of Spain
- Edition of the Chinese Dictionary of the imperial Academy of China.
- Publication with Beijing of the first Mongolian picaresque novel, Guesser Bator , “Lord of the Ten Areas ”, which reports the adventures of a hero of divine origin. This book is composed according to the model of the traditional novels of adventure Chinese, translated into Mongolian as from the 18th century.
- Montesquieu inherits his/her uncle of the load of president with mortar at the Parliament of Bordeaux.
- the Policy of the Romans in the religion and System of the ideas of Montesquieu.
- Large passacaille in minor C of Jean-Sebastien Bach.
- Juditha triumphans , oratorio of Vivaldi.
Science & technology
- the British scientist Edmund Halley builds a bell of diving.
Economy & company
- the culture of the Café is introduced with Ceylon.
- With the Japan, the surface cultivateds doubled since 1596 by work of damming up, drain and drainage.
- the French trade quintuples of 1716 with 1789, passing in value from 214 to 1152 million books tournaments (45 million Pound sterling). The share non-European commercial passes for the same period from 30 to 50%. The product of industry and the craft industry French triple in volume, as well as exports of objects manufactured.
- With the the United Kingdom, the share non-European commercial Britannique passes from 1716 to 1789 from 20 to 40%.
Births in 1716
- May 29th: Louis Jean-Marie Daubenton, French naturalist († 1800)
Death in 1716
- November 14th: Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (Leipzig, 1646 - Hanover, 1716), German philosopher, mathematician, considered as one of the most brilliant spirits of the 17th century.
Be-X-old: 1716 Map-bms: 1716 Simple: 1716 Zh-yue: 1716 年
|Random links:||Military Cross of the Theaters of external operations | Commandery of the Farmhouse Deu | Nymphon brevirostris | Shwebo | World classification of snooker 2007/2008|