This page relates to the year 1710 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 31st: Michel Bégon of Picardière becomes intendant of the News-France. It arrives there in 1712 (fine in 1726). It founds the first postal system in News-France.
- September 19th: French failure in front of Rio de Janeiro.
- October 16th, Acadie: The British definitively give an opinion with Port-Royal which is famous Annapolis-Royal.
- War of the “Mascates”, with Recife, the Brazil. This term appoints “the hawkers”, the Portuguese merchants who lived Recife and had obtained from the king that the city was high with the row of city and escapes control from Olinda, the city of the Brazilian growers: those attack and take Recife. The new governor sent of Lisbon rule the business by a general amnesty end 1711.
- Revolt of Salt in the State de São Paulo with the Brazil.
- With the birth of its first wire Rachid, Husayn ibn 'Ali (fine of reign in 1740) founds the dynasty beycale Husseinites (fine in 1957) in Tunisia. It makes Regency of Tunis a prosperous country while concluding from the treaties with several European powers. In exchange, he seeks to limit the actions of the Corsaire S which escape its control partly.
- December 5th: India: Great revolt Sikh S under the control of Baba Gurbakhash Singh punctuated by a victory vis-a-vis the troops of Mughal at the time of the Battle of Sadora. Sikhs found a State independent in north of Lahore (1710 - 1716).
the prince Abu' l-khayride Chah Rukh makes Ferghâna an independent khanat with Kokand for capital.
The Middle East
- Numan Pasha Köprülü (1670 - 1719), wire of Mustafa Köprülü Aïsha wife, girl of the sultan and is named top dog. He must resign a few weeks later following his refusal to break the peace treaty with the Russia (November).
- the plague devastates the Eastern Prussia, which victim also of the Variole, the Typhus and the Famine, loses half of its inhabitants.
Dimitrie Kantémir becomes voïévode of Moldavie (fine in 1711). Large scholar, he is the last indigenous prince of Moldavie. There remain only a few months on the throne of Iasi. It tries to institute a monarchy authoritative and hereditary, which is worth the opposition of the boyards to him. Moldavie pours 42  then; 000 ducats but Venetian of annual tribute to the Door.
- François II Rákóczi share for the Russia to ask for Pierre Large the of intervene in Hungary, but its lieutenant Sandor Károlyi benefits from his absence to treat with the Habsbourg.
Second War of North
- February 28th: Victoire of the Swede Magnus Stenbock with Helsingborg on the Danes who invaded the Scanie.
- July: Cheremetiev seizes Rīga and the islands Baltes, old Swedish possessions for the Tsar of Russia Pierre Ier '' Large the ''. The Karelia and the Swedish Livonie are occupied. Menchikov conquers the Courlande, whose duke asks for the hand of the niece of the tsar, Anna Ivanovna.
- November 9th: Pushed by Charles XII of Sweden and the France, the Turks declare the war with the Russia.
- In front of the political vacuum (absence of the king), Riksrad of Sweden tries to be based on the authority of Ulrique-Eléonore, sister of Charles XII of Sweden (1710 - 1713).
the Sweden is exhausted by the war: the taxes are weighed down with the Russian occupation of the provinces the Baltic, the conscription, which withdraws arms with the economic activity, ruins agriculture, manufacture, the mine and the maritime trade.
- the war of North with devastated the Poland. One the third of the east cities in ruin. The population, decimated by the Bubonic plague, passed from 8 million inhabitants in 1701 to 6,4 million in 1710. The rebuilding is slow because it weak purchasing power of the rural masses.
- February: Torcy sends a new draft treaty, similar to the preceding except with regard to article 37. One agrees to negotiate in Gertruydenberg.
- March 9th: Preparatory conferences with Gertruydenberg. The marshal of Uxelles and the abbot of Polignac request peace under humiliating conditions. Extreme concessions of Louis XIV, which offers to provide subsidies to allied if they must continue the war for détrôner his grandson.
- June 25th: The allies take Douai.
- July 25th:
- excessive Requirements of the Netherlanders. Rupture of the negotiations.
- British Unloading with This and Agde. The duke of Noailles the very same day takes again Agde and this July 30th.
- July 27th: Victoire of Imperial on the Franco-Spanish ones with the Battle of Almenara.
- August 3rd: Torcy proposes the sending of Vendôme in Spain.
- August 20th: Victoire of Imperial on the Franco-Spanish ones with the Battle of Saragossa. The Franco-Spanish attempt at reconquest of the Catalogne is stopped.
- August 26th: The allies take Béthune.
- September 5th: Philippe V of Spain must leave Madrid one second time. The city revolts.
- September 20th: The allies take Saint-Coming.
- September 28th: The Imperial ones enter to Madrid, but prefer to evacuate with the advertisement of the arrival of the French reinforcements.
- November 9th: The allies take Surface-on-the-Lily.
- December 3rd: Philippe V of Spain is of return to Madrid.
- 8 - December 9th: French Victoire of Vendôme on the Imperial ones of Starhemberg and Stanhope with the Battle of Brihuega.
- December 10th: French Victoire on the Imperial ones with the Battle of Villaviciosa.
The United Kingdom
- June: Disgrace of the duchess of Marlborough, lady-in-waiting of the queen Anne Stuart.
- August 19th: The Anne queen returns Sidney Godolphin, Minister of Finances. Its station passes to a tory, Robert Harley. The others Whig S leave their stations during the following weeks. Bolingbroke will receive the Foreign affairs.
- October: Electoral victory of the party Tory, reconciling with France.
- the taxable quota of eligibility is fixed at 300£ for the boroughs and 600£ for the counties. It holds the reality of the capacity to the landowners ( landed interest ).
Art & culture
See also: 1710 with the theater
- January 29th: Adoption by the Russia of the Cyrillic alphabet modern. The Church preserves the use of the old alphabet Slavon.
- April 10th: Statute off Anne . Coming into effect of the English law on the Copyright .
- the Jésuites have 86 colleges in France, the Oratoriens 30 and the Doctrinaires 24.
- Old of gold of the very influential literary living room of the Marchioness of Lambert.
- Curious impertinent the , comedy of Philippe Destouches.
- Théodicée , of the philosopher Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz.
- Dedication of the new vault of the castle of Versailles, built by Robert de Cotte.
- Nicolas Coustou works out the statuary of the Château of Marly (1710 - 1712).
- the duchess of Burgundy as a Diane , statue of Antoine Coysevox.
Science & technology
- the British Edmund Halley established that the stars are not fixed but that they have on the contrary an own movement.
- the Irishman George Berkeley publishes her Traité on the principles of knowledge .
- the king Frederic Ier of Prussia founds the Academy of Science of Berlin.
Economy & company
- royal Manufacture of porcelain founded by Johann Friedrich Böttger with Meissen-in-Saxony.
- Italy: In Milanese, the surface of the irrigated grounds (rice plantations, corn), multiplied by five since 1550.
- the United Provinces count 2 million inhabitants.
- Revision of the land register in Russia. The number of taxable properties is tiny room of 1/5 (40% in North).
- Culture and opulence of Brazil by its drugs and its mines by the Andreoni Jesuit, is published in Lisbon.
- Development of the breeding in the Nordeste, the Minas Gerais and the Rio Grande C Sul.
- Bahia exports 25000 rollers of Tabac.
- 522 mills with Sugar with the Brazil.
- October 14th: France: Introduction of the “tenth”, tax proportional of 10% on all the incomes. Moreover, the clergy provides 24 million books and a “free gift” extraordinary is taken in the cities of the kingdom.
- the France aligns more 300 000 men.
Births in 1710
- January 4th: Giovanni Battista Pergolesi, musician Italy N († 1736).
- February 15th: Louis XV, king de France, great-grandson of Louis XIV († 1774).
- May 14th: Adolf Frederick, king of Sweden († 1771).
- May 28th: Thomas Arne, British musician († 1778).
- August 20th: Thomas Simpson, British mathematician († 1761).
- September 3rd: Abraham Trembley, Swiss naturalist .
- December 2nd: Carlo Antonio Bertinazzi, known as Carlin , actor and playwright Italy N. († September 6th 1783).
Death in 1710
- February 16th: Spirit Arrow-maker.
- June 6th: Louise of Vallière, favorite of Louis XIV (° 1644)
- September 19th: Ole Romer, Danish astronomer (° 1644).
- November 21st: Bernardo Pasquini, musician Italy N (° 1637).
Be-X-old: 1710 Map-bms: 1710 Simple: 1710 Zh-yue: 1710 年
|Random links:||EHAM | Powder strap-on booster of the American space shuttle | Oops! … I Did It Again | X-Men: Reign off Apocalypse | Traditional Louis-Garneau Montreal - Quebec|