This page relates to the year 169 Calendrier Julien.
- January: Lucius Verus dies of apoplexy close to Altinum (Quarto of Altino), in Italy, at the time of its return to Rome. Marc Aurèle remains only emperor, fully associating his son Commode with the empire only in 176.
- Marc Aurèle remarie Lucille with Claudius Pompeianus, legate who was distinguished in the recent combat.
- Marc Aurèle turns over on the borders to push back the Barbarians at the border of the the Danube (169 - 175).
- the Rhétie and the Norique become Praetorian provinces with a legion (20 000 men approximately for the two provinces).
- At the time of the Danubian wars, for lack of sufficient manpower, the Roman army (in theory 400 000 men) enlists gladiators, slaves and even of the plunderers of Dalmatie and Dardanie.
- Lucien de Samosate shows the nonsense of the Fatalisme.
Births in 169
Death in 169
Lucius Verus, Co emperor with Marc Aurèle.
|Random links:||99e regiment of infantry of line | Karla Faye Tucker | Federation of HongKong of football | National Weather Service | Tarzan and the champion|