This page relates to the year 1686 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 30th, Canada: Departure of the forwarding of the Knight of Troyes which seizes easily the English stations of Bay-James (June-July).
- September: Forwarding of Jean-Baptiste of the Break-in, French governor of the Guyana against the Surinam.
- 7000 inhabitants in Pennsylvania. The colony attracts good number of Protestants German and French having the exile chooses after the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes.
- Retour of the Jésuites to the Brésil to the condition that a Payment of the Missions is granted to them.
- Madagascar is annexed by the French Compagnie of the Eastern Indies.
- September 1st: Embassy of the Siam to Versailles.
The Middle East
- January 31st: Victor-Amédée Ier of Savoy prohibits Protestantism in its States. The barbet spaniels (Of Vaud) raise themselves and Victor-Amédée must request the assistance of France which him Catinat sending. The French soldiers and envoys (D' Arcy, Catinat, etc) act in country of conquest, using the pretext of repression anti-Protestant woman.
March 6th: Treaty of Moscow. Perpetual peace enters the Poland (Krzysztof Grzymułtowski) and the Russia (Vassili Golitsyne). Jean Sobieski yields definitively Smolensk and Kiev with the Russia in exchange of sound supports against the Door. The Bielorussia (Minsk) and the Petite Russia (Kiev) are integrated into the Russian empire.
- May 7th: Defensive alliance enters the emperor Léopold Ier of the Holy roman Empire and the voter of Brandebourg.
- May 17th: The margrave of Bayreuth creates to accommodate French Huguenots a new city with Erlangen.
- June: The imperial ones of the duke Charles V of Lorraine put the seat in front of Buda, held well by the pasha Abdi Abdurrahman with 10 000 men and 400 guns. It counts on the help of the army of the top dog. The seat lasts 78 days. The imperial ones explode 800 tons of powder under the ramparts, but the old pasha resists until death.
- June 17th: Catch of Navarin by Francesco Morosini.
- July 7th: Catch of Modon by Francesco Morosini.
- July 9th - August: Formation of the League of Augsburg by the Holy roman Empire, the Spain, the Sweden, the Saxony, the Bavaria and the Palatinat against the ambitions of Louis XIV of France.
- August 30th: Resumption of Nauplie by Venice on the Turks. Venice conquers the island of Holy-Moor, Preveza and the Morée and occupies the Dalmatie (1686-1688).
- September 2nd: The Turks are rejected out of Buda by the army of the Habsbourg led by Charles V of Lorraine. One counts 4000 dead and 6000 prisoners among the Turks. The city is set fire to, plundered, and 500 Juifs are massacred in spite of the order to save them, the prisoners tortured and killed Turkish. Their skin is resold dried with apothecaries in Germany.
- the Russia adheres to the Holy League (Holy roman Empire, Poland, Venice) against the Ottoman Empire.
- Dryness. Migration of grasshoppers in the South of France.
- 29% of elimination of illiteracy in France (1686 - 1690). 14% of the women are taught reading and writing.
- January: Edict instituting the abduction of the Protestant children.
- Mars: Inauguration of the Place of the Victories to Paris, the glory of Louis XIV.
- July - August: royal House of Saint-Louis. Madam de Maintenon founds with Saint-Cyr military school a house where noble young girls but without fortune are educated.
- August 14th: Jean Bart becomes commander.
Philipp Jakob Spener becomes the first preacher at the court of Saxony (fine in 1690).
Arts & cultures
- February 15th: Representation of Armide , opera of Lully on a booklet of Quinault.
- September: An Italian colonel who directed the tactics of the seat of Buda according to the safe method of Vauban under the debris of the remainders of the Corviniana , the library of the king de Hongrie Mathias Corvin, and makes an inventory of the buildings Turkish, the mosques, the baths, the schools of Buda.
- Opening of the Coffee Procope with Paris.
- Talks on the plurality of the worlds , Relation of the island of Borneo and History of Oracles of Fontenelle.
- the Florentin Jean of the Fountain.
- spiritual Torrents , of Mrs Guyon.
- Of the tolerance , Pierre Bayle.
See also: 1686 with the theater
- Construction of the Large Trianon and the Orangery by Jules Hardouin-Mansart with Versailles.
- Beginning of the crétion of the Koraku (one of the most beautiful gardens of the Japan).
Science & technology
- Publication of the Treated movement of water and other bodies fluid , of Edme Mariotte.
Economy & company
- the British merchant fleet passes to 340 000 tons.
Births in 1686
Death in 1686
- January 21st: François Blondel, mathematician and architect.
- January 31st: Jean Mairet, Playwright French (° January 4th 1604)
- November 26th: Nicolas Sténon, anatomist and geologist of Danish origin (° January 10th 1638)
- December 11th: The prince of Condé (the Large Cop), victorious of the Battle of Rocroi the May 19th 1643.
Simon Ouchakov, Russian painter of icons (1626 -1686).
- April 14th: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1686 Map-bms: 1686 Simple: 1686
|Random links:||Rosmalen | Secure Shell | Nearctic Écozone: plants with seeds by scientific name (NR) | Camarasaure | Saint-Agnan (Ogy) | The Claw of the coyote | La_somme_d'Euler_de_la_conjecture_de_puissances|