This page relates to the year 1679 Gregorian Calendrier.
- August 7th: Griffon , built by the French explorer Cavelier of the Room is the first boat of importance launched on the American Big lakes. Cavelier of the Room explores the area of the American Big lakes (in particular current the Minnesota).
- October 12th: Simon van der Stel becomes governor of the Colonie of the Cape (fine in 1702). 600 Europeans live then with the Cape.
- Guerre enters the Vietnam and the Kampuchea. The Kampuchea loses the delta of the Mekong.
- Three thousand Chinese colonists, compromise in the revolt of Wou San-kouei approach in Annam. The Nguyễn send them to colonize Dong Pho (Gia Dinh) and they are established in the area of Bien Hoa and Mytho.
- February: Birth with Lahore of Ajit Singh, wire posthumous of Jaswant Singh. Aurangzeb proposes to recognize its rights if it converts with the Islam, causing the indignation of the Rajputs which revolt and refuse to accept the domination Moghol E.
- Aurangzeb restores the tax on the unbelievers ( jiziya ).
- the English traveller Robert Knox escapes from Ceylon after 20 years of captivity.
- May 26th: Beginning of the reign of Maximilien-Emmanuel of Bavaria (fine in 1726).
- June 29th: Treaty of Saint-Germain. Peace is signed between the France, the Sweden and the Brandebourg. Sweden recovers the Poméranie.
- September 26th: Peace of Lund between the Sweden and the Denmark. Treaty of Fontainebleau: the Sweden recovers the Scanie. The Sweden leaves ruined war.
- September 17th: Died of gift Juan of Austria. The regent Marie-Anne of Austria and the pro-Austrian faction take again the capacity in Spain.
- November 11th: Charles II of Spain wife Marie Louise of Orleans (dead in 1689, perhaps poisoned by the countess of Soissons, mother of the prince Eugene of Savoy).
- Creation of the General police station of the war in Brandebourg, which gathers attributions of the current ministries of the War, finances and the Economy.
- the Ottoman Empire supports the Hungarian rebellion of Thököly.
- Russia: Rehandling partial of the penal legislation. Suppression of the mutilation.
- Plague with Vienna and Graz, where it makes 3500 victims, is the quarter of the population.
- Advance of the glaciers in the the Alps, followed by a withdrawal limited after 1681.
- February 3rd: Dissolution of the Long Parliament of the Restoration. Charles II of England control surface without Parliament until its death in 1685.
- Mars: Formation of a new Parliament.
- May 15th: Beginning of the crisis of Exclusion, aiming at excluding the catholic Jacques from York of the succession (1679 - 1681).
- May 27th: Bill (law) of the Habeas corpus voted by the Parliament English, which calls into question the arbitrary one as regards right.
- June 22nd: The Scottish insurrection is crushed by the duke of Monmouth, wire of Charles II of England, with the Bataille of Bothwell Bridge.
- Birth at the Parliament of the parties whig S (brigands Scottish) representing the liberal middle-class and the gentry of capitalist spirit, and Tories (Irish insurrectionists), preserving partisans of a strong royal capacity supported by the “Large ones”.
- Mars: Edicts against the Protestants.
- April: the king Louis XIV promulgates the Édit of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer which decides to make compulsory a teaching of the French Droit in faculties of Droit, and creates “French law professors” in the Université S of the kingdom.
- April 17th: Introduction of the “burning Room”, “charged commission to make the lawsuit with the empoisonneurs and the magicians”.
- July: Edict removing the Rooms semi-parts of Toulouse, Bordeaux and Grenoble.
- November 17th: Final dispersion of the “recluses” of Port-Royal. Antoine Arnauld must be exiled in Flandres.
- November 18th: Disgrace of Pomponne. Charles Colbert de Croissy directs the Foreign affairs.
- Vauban, police chief general with the fortifications, starts to build a system of fortifications protecting the borders, adapted to progress of artillery.
- the army of Louis XIV account 137 000 men.
Art & culture
- Speech with Mrs. of the Sand pit of the Fountain.
See also: 1679 with the theater
- Charles Le Brun and Jules Hardouin-Mansart works with the Galerie of the Ices. Mansart begins the construction of the Château of Marly.
- Names of the most famous painters of Félibien.
- Christ saver of the world , last work of the Bernin, disappeared today.
Science & technology
- the French inventor Denis Papin invents the device of the Soupape of safety.
- Of the nature of the air , Edme Mariotte.
- Knowledge of times or the celestial movements of Picardy Jean.
- Varied opera mathematica , of Fermat.
Economy & company
Russia: The single system of tax of 20% on the goods is extended to the direct tax. The tax of dwelling becomes permanent.
Births in 1679
Death in 1679
- April 15th: Madam de Longueville.
- August 24th: Jean-François Paul de Gondi, cardinal of Retz.
- December 4th: Thomas Hobbes, Philosopher English. (° 1588).
- Jacques Bailly, French painter (1634 -1679).
- April 2nd: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1679 Map-bms: 1679 Simple: 1679
|Random links:||Brixey-with-canons | Syam | Kinto-un | Legends founders of Catalonia | Stopping of Bage | Entscheidungsproblem|