This page relates to the year 1669 Gregorian Calendrier.
- February 4th: Jean-Charles of Baath becomes general governor of the French West Indies.
- Mars: Profitable raid of the English corsair Henry Morgan on the surface of the Lake Maracaibo, with the Venezuela.
- the Père Inlays and Louis Joliet explores the circumference of the Big lakes.
- Cavelier of the Room discovers the Ohio.
- Sedition with Santo Domingo against the French Company of the Western Indies (1669 - 1670).
- Foundation of Manaus to the confluence of the the Amazon and the Rio Negro by Portuguese.
- Mulay Rachid puts Marrakech at bag.
the first governor of the island Bourbon Etienne Regnault founds Saint-Denis.
- Mars: The Cosaques of Stenka Razine attack the fleet Persian on Eastern bank of the Caspienne.
- June 14th, China: Kangxi makes stop one of its former regents and degrade another. It orders the restitution of the grounds seized by the Mandchous with the Chinese.
- Revolt of the Aïnous, indigenous population of the north of the Japan (1669 - 1670). They are crushed by the Clan Matsumae.
- Aurangzeb seeks to found the Sharî' has, prohibited the construction of Hindu temples and makes destroy most recent.
- Revolt of the Jats of Mathurâ against Aurangzeb, following the destruction of the temple of Mathurâ. Their Gokla chief is put at died and its family is converted of force to the Islam.
- Dispersed in the south and the east of Delhi, Jats are a popular and warlike community basic caste of origin Scythe. Their company is strictly levelling.
- the French lose a fleet of nine ships armed with 2500 men. Five hundred survivors are repatriated by the Dutchmen.
- February 25th, Spain: The minister Johann Eberhard Nithard is disgraced, sent to in embassy in Rome and is replaced by the lover of the queen Marie-Anne of Austria, Fernando de Valenzuela.
- March 11th: An eruption of the Etna made 20 000 died in Italy.
- June 19th, Poland: Beginning of the reign of Michel Korybut Wisniowiecki (1638 - 1673), king of Poland.
- July: Dissolution of the Hanse Teutonique.
- September 6th: Capitulation of Crystallized. After twenty-two years of the seat, probably longest of all the History, which cost the life 30 000 Crétois and 120 000 Turks, the Venetian admiral Francesco Morosini goes to the Othoman Ahmed Koprolu
- September 27th: Treaty enters the Venetian military chief Morosini and the top dog Ahmed Köprülü; the city of Crystallized (today Héraklion) and all the Crete, (except for the fortresses of Spinalonga (near Agios Nikolaos), of Welded (close to Caned the) and of Graboussa (in the North-West of Crete and Kastelli (Kissamou)), pass under domination of the Ottoman Empire. It is the end of the colonial empire Venetian.
- Complement of the criminal legislation in Russia: the sorrows are softened, the capacities allotted to the elected magistrates are reduced (their loads will be removed in 1702).
- January 19th: Peace clementine or Peace of the Church with the Jansenists.
- January 21st: Edict removing the Rooms semi-parts of Paris and Rouen.
- March 3rd: Port-Royal is restored.
- March 7th: Jean-Baptiste Colbert becomes Secretary of State of the Navy. Reorganization of the French navy, which includes/understands only 600 vessels.
- Mars: Frankness from the port of Marseilles (act of navigation with the Ottoman Empire).
- June: Creation of the Company for the trade of North (Baltic).
- August: Ordinance of National Forestry Commission protecting the groves against the usual taking away from the bordering villages.
- September 4th: edict on the classes of the marine.
- December 20th: Formation in the royal Navy French of the regiments Royal-The-Navy and Admiral.
- restrictive Interpretation of the edict of Nantes: the temples builds after 1598 are demolished.
- the gentlemen can make the trade of sea without derogating.
- Colbert buys the office of Large Master of the Mines of France.
- Charles Colbert de Croissy becomes adviser of State.
- the Acte of Supremacy affirms the authority of the king of England on the Scottish Church.
- Rise of the dissenting communities (Quakers) in Ireland, personally constant by the kings Charles II of England and Jacques II of England.
Art & culture
- February 5th: Louis XIV raises prohibition to play Tartuffe .
- June 28th: Creation of the royal Academy of Music to Paris.
- September 23rd: Foundation of the University of Zagreb.
- October 6th: representation of Mister de Pourceaugnac , Comedy-ballet of Molière, with the Castle of Chambord.
- October 15th: Foundation of the University of Innsbruck.
- December 13rd: Britannicus of Jean Root.
- loves of Psyché and Cupid of the Fountain.
- Portuguese Letters of Guilleragues.
- Almanzor and Almanhide , heroic drama of John Dryden (1669-1670).
- the vagrant Courage , of Hans Jakob Christoffel von Grimmelshausen.
Fine of the school of painting crétoise (Greco, Théophane, etc).
Science & technology
- joint Discovery of the Phosphorus by Hennig Brandt and Johan Kunckel.
- Rules of the movement in the meeting of the bodies , Latin memory of Christiaan Huygens.
- Nicolas de Fer publishes a curious chart of the Canal of the South in phonetic writing.
- Reform of the Chinese Calendar by the Belgian Jesuit Ferdinand Verbiest (1623 - 1688).
Economy & company
According to Alonso Nuñez in its Solo Madrid be Corte , the annual total of the incomes of the crown of Castille would rise with 15 750 000 ducats but they would be engaged in such way that a third only would be versed with the treasure.
- the Venetian economy leaves exhausted war against the Turks to which is added an unfavourable economic context.
- the Dutch navy includes/understands 16 000 vessels.
Births in 1669
February 2nd: Commercial Louis, harpsichordist and organist French
Death in 1669
- May 16th: Pierre de Cortone, Italian architect (1596 -1669).
- September 10th: Henriette de France (1609-1669). Bossuet pronounces a Funeral oration remained famous on this occasion.
- October 4th: Rembrandt (Harmenszoon van Rijn), painter and engraver Dutch.
- December 9th: Clement IX, pope.
- Pierre the Dumb man, French architect (1591 -1669).
- April 21st: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1669 Map-bms: 1669
|Random links:||The Imaginary Museum | Italos | Vault Holy-Cross of Forbach | Franz Kaiser | Alain Nasreddine | Épître_de_James|