This page relates to the year 1667 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 27th: Rene Robert Cavelier of the Room obtains to be raised of its wishes by the Society of Jesus.
- July 31st:
- With the Canada, Jean Talon makes create many seigniories on two banks of the the St. Lawrence, more particularly in the sector of the Rivière Richelieu, in order to distribute the settlement and to prevent the aggressions of the Iroquois.
- October 18th: Beginning of the reign of the Négus Yohannès Ier of Ethiopia, known as the Juste, (end in 1682). Its reign is marked by the forwardings especially directed against the Agao of the south of the Lac Tanned (which one destroys “the temples and the idols”) and against the Lasta.
- the last king mandingue of the Mali, Mama Magan, wanting to break the surrounding of its enemies, tries to besiege Ségou. It is withdrawn after three years, despairing to overcome the Bambara. Overcome, it signs in 1670 a treaty with the king Biton Koulibali, by whom it is committed to make retirement with Kangaba and remaining there like a simple chief of province.
- July 31st: Treaty of Breda between the England and the United Provinces: the British give up their last territories with the islands Banda.
- August 25th, China: Kangxi, at the 13 years age, takes in hand the government.
- With the Việt Nam, end of the war between large lords with the catch of CAD Bang by Trịnh Tạc.
- the Dutchmen seize the port of Makassar, in the south of the Célèbes. The sultan of Makassar must yield with the Dutch requirements: prohibition of the trade with the Portuguese and the English, expulsion of the Jesuits (treated of Bongaja, November 18th 1668).
- Aurangzeb grants the title of Râja to Shivâjî Bhonsla. It can raise taxes.
The Middle East
- March 23rd, Hungary: With died of Ferenc Wesselényi, the conspiracy of the tycoons makes failure. The round of applause of Croatia Pierre Zrinyi takes the head of the Hungarian independence movement, with the participation of Ferenc Rakóczi.
- April 6th: Earthquake with Raguse whose fifth of the population is killed.
- May 8th: beginning of the War of Devolution (fine in 1668) with died of Philippe IV of Spain to take advantage of the rights of Marie-Therese on the Spanish Netherlands and the Franche-Comté.
- 9 - June 14th: Dutch raid of Medway.
- 14 - June 20th: The Dutch admiral De Ruyter threat London.
- June 20th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Clement IX (fine in 1670).
- June 26th: Louis XIV takes Tournai.
- July 31st: Peace of Bréda between the England and the United Provinces. Installation of the Act of navigation English, exchanges of colonial territories (Surinam and Moluques with the Netherlanders, New York and the bay of Delaware to the English).
- August 5th: The perpetual Edict ( Eeuwig Edict ) abolishes the stathoudérat in Holland.
- August 28th: Louis XIV (Vauban) takes Lille.
- November 24th: Beginning of the regency of Pierre II of Portugal (fine in 1683).
- November: Resignation of Edward Hyde in England. Shown treason by the House of Commons, it must flee in France.
Poland & Russia
- January 30th/February 9th: Truce of Andruszow (Androussovo) 13 years. Casimir V of Poland preserves Vitebsk, Polotsk and its rights on the Livonie, but yields Smolensk as well as most of the Ukraine, except Kiev, with the Russia. The Russo-Polish border is fixed on the Dniepr.
- After the partition of the Ukraine, the Juifs driven out Russian sector gather in the Polish part.
- May: First commercial law in Russia: the retail business is reserved to the Russians, for wholesale, it is interdict the abroads to trade between them without passing by a Russian intermediary. Creation of a department Commercial.
- the chief cossack Stenka Razine (1630 - 1671) takes the head of the country insurrection in the south-east of the Russia (fine in 1670).
- the department of the Russian foreign affairs (Ordyne-Nachtokine) cease to depend on the Duma to become autonomous and specialized.
- Mars: Introduction of the general lieutenancy of police force to Paris. Gabriel Nicolas of Reynie becomes the first general Lieutenant of police force of Paris (fine in 1697). Reynie and its successor of Argenson stick to operations of roadway system, paving, lighting and safety of the streets in the capital.
- April: Code Louis. Civil ordinance providing a code of procedure, making the procedures homogeneous through all the jurisdictions of the kingdom (Colbert).
- April 18th: New customs tariff, which voluntarily strikes the traffic of the Dutchmen in the French ports.
- May: Madam de Montespan becomes main of the king. She will give him seven children legitimated in 1673 (of which the duke of Maine, Miss de Blois, future duchess of Orleans, the count de Toulouse).
- July: Edict of Amiens granting 1 000 pounds of pension to those which will have ten children and 2 000 with those which will have twelve of them.
- November: Colbert opens the access of the Lyons silk factory to the Huguenot S. Edit definitively organizing the royal manufacture of the pieces of furniture of the Crown, established in the enclosure of the Gobelins.
- the Parlements receive the obligation to record the royal edicts. They abstain from presenting remonstrances.
- Début of the revolt of the Angelets of will terra against the French occupation of the Roussillon.
Arts & cultures
- April 27th: The English poet John Milton publishes the Paradise Lost , poem epic.
- Molière, in August, represents again Tartuffe , under the title Panulphe or Impostor . The part is again prohibited; it also represents the comic Pastorale and the Sicilian or the Love painter .
- November 22nd: Triumphal representation of Andromaque , Jean Root.
- the virgin Queen , tragi-comedy and Annus Mirabilis , poem, of John Dryden.
- Bossuet begins “ the funeral orations ” (fine in 1687).
- Attila , tragedy of Pierre Corneille is played by the troop of Molière.
- Mathilde d' Aguilar , Spanish history, Romance of Miss de Scudéry.
- general History of the Antilles of America inhabited by the French by Jean-Baptiste Of the Hillock.
See also: 1667 with the theater
- Tomb of the duke of Vieuville and his wife by Gilles Guerin.
- Fountain of the Four-Dolphins to Aix-en-Provence of Jean-Claude Rambot.
- the architect Perrault builds the colonnade Is Louvre.
- Church of Servites of Vienna built on an oval level.
- Ca' Rezzonico with Venice, palate of Baldassare Longhena.
- has Rome, Bernin completes the left arm of the colonnade Saint-Pierre and carves a new decoration for the bridge Saint-Angel.
- the tsar Alexis Ier makes rebuild the residence of Kolomenskoïe by architects and artists white-russiens.
- December 22nd: The cathedral of Mexico City is finished.
Sciences & technology
- June 15th: Jean Baptiste Denis tries the first blood Transfusion of a Agneau with an human being (
- June 21st: Pose first stone of the Royal Observatoire with Paris, the Summer solstice. There Colbert proposes with the Astronome Dutch Christiaan Huygens and with the - Italian Jean-Dominique Cassini of the “astronomical” emoluments to free come to work, which they will not be able to refuse.
- Colbert founds an academy of the machines and models.
- exact Manner to take the diameter of the planets of Adrien Auzout.
- the streets of Paris are lit by 5 000 lamps.
- Pinax rerum naturalium britannicarum , of Christopher Merrett.
Economy & company
- Frederic Guillaume Ier de Brandebourg generalizes the perception of an indirect tax on consumption (excise).
Births in 1667
Death in 1667
- May 7th: Johann Jakob Froberger, musician, German type-setter
- May 14th: Georges de Scudéry, French writer, French academician (armchair 32) (° 1601).
- June 5th: Diane de Joannis de Chateaublanc, back-small-niece of Nostradamus, assassinated with Ganges (Herault) by two of his/her brothers-in-law. (° 1635).
- August 3rd: Francesco Borromini, architect Italian baroque (Bissone, close to Lugano, 1599 - Rome, 1667).
- October 3rd: Alonso Cano, sculptor, architect and Spanish painter (Grenade, 1601 -1667).
- November 28th: Jean de Thévenot, French traveller.
- April 10th: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1667 Map-bms: 1667 Simple: 1667
|Random links:||Trypanosoma brucei | Ambrosia (cheese) | Capital First Connect | Søren Larsen | Bare (Knić) | Exeter|