See also: 1664 (homonymy)
This page relates to the year 1664 Gregorian Calendrier.
See also 1664 in France .
- May: Louis XIV creates the French Compagnie of the Indies Occidentales. The company has the duty to take care of the conversion of the Amerindians; it allows the trade on the west coast African, on the east coast of South America, the Canada (News-France), in Acadie and Newfoundland. Its charter will be revoked in 1675.
- Colbert supports the settlement of the Canada (News-France), more specifically the valley of the the St. Lawrence.
- September 24th: The Governor of the New-Country-Low, Pieter Stuyvesant, capitulates. The city of the New Amsterdam is taken by the English and is renamed New York (the Dutch territories are allocated by the king Charles II of England to his/her brother Jacques, duke of York). Beverwick (Strong Orange) becomes Albany and Wiltwijck, Kingston. The Netherlanders occupy the English colony of Surinam. The New Jersey, in the past integral part of the New-Countries-Low, become English colony “private” (1664 - 1665).
- the New-Countries-Low then count more or less 8 000 with 10 000 inhabitants (New Amsterdam, for its part, account 1500 hearts). The Netherlanders set up a system of clientelism along the Hudson with enormous land and buildings, on which certain barons ( patroonship ) entirely control the life of their farmers.
- Fusion enters the colonies of New Haven and the Connecticut.
- Bertrand d' Ogeron, governor of the French company of the Indies takes possession of the island of the Tortoise. He endeavors to extend his authority on the Flibustier S and Boucanier S of the west of Saint-Domingue.
- Montserrat is taken by the French. It is returned to the English in 1668.
- Claude François of the Lion is named governors of Guadeloupe
- Morocco: The Alawite Mulay Rachid beats her brother in the plain of Angad and seizes the Tafilalet.
- Unloading of the duke of Beaufort to Djidjelli, in Algeria.
- the Manchu emperor Kangxi gives the order to trace a fixed border, in the south of the Gobi, between the empire Mandchou and the khanat Khalkha. The people of southernmost Mongolia are incorporated in the Manchu empire.
Following a blockade of the Ménam, the Dutchmen obtain the monopoly of the trade of the skins with the Siam as well as a privilege of exterritoriality.
- January 5th: Shivaji takes and plunders the port of Surat. The Moghols counter-attack and besiege it in its capital. Shivaji must sign a treaty the June 22nd 1665.
- August 27th: Colbert founds the French Compagnie of the Eastern Indies, whose object is “to sail and negotiate since the Cape of Good Hope almost in all Eastern Indies and seas”. It is definitively made up by letters patent of this day, with monopoly of the remote trade for fifty years. It creates a stopover in the island Bourbon (current island of the Réunion).
- Such Bahadur becomes religious leader Sikhs. He is opposed to religious measurements imposed by Aurangzeb. He is put at died the November 11th 1675, and his/her son Gurû Gobind Singh (death in 1708) organizes Sikhs and resists oppression. He founds an armed and levelling fraternity, the Khalsa.
- March 6th: Signature of an alliance enters the France and the Brandebourg.
- Spring: Offensive of the Turks in Austria.
- : Battle of Saint-Gothard, close to the Hungarian village of Szentgotthárd. The Turks are crushed, in spite of their numerical superiority, by the army of the Germanic Roman Holy roman Empire ordered by the Italian general Raimondo Montecuccoli and by the Hungarian troops of Miklós Zrínyi, thanks to the help of the French troops ordered by Jean de Coligny-Saligny.
- August 10th: In spite of the offer of assistance of the League of the Rhine and France, Léopold Ier sign the Peace of Vasvár. The Turks preserve their conquests (zone between the Raab and the Lac Balaton in the south of the the Danube, mine field of Garan in High-Hungary), of the trade agreements are signed between the Austria and the Porte. The vizier Ahmed Köprülü recognizes Michel Apaffy as prince of Transylvania. The Hungarians condemn this peace (conspiracy of the tycoons) and turn to Miklós Zrinyi, but this one is killed in November by a wild boar, in mysterious circumstances.
- Beginning of the perpetual diet with Ratisbon.
- Plague with London.
- Acte of Triennalité fixing at three years the maximum amount of time enters the meeting of two Parliaments.
- Conventicles Act (1664 and 1670): repression of the religious meetings not - authorized.
- the Jewish community of London obtains crown a charter of protection.
See also: 1664 in France
January 2nd: Colbert becomes superintendent of the Building industries, Arts and Manufactures.
- February 12th: Articles of Pisa: Louis XIV returns Avignon and the Comtat to the the Holy See.
- May: The devout party, grouped around old the Company of the Blessed Sacrament, of Anne of Austria, the prince of Conti, the archbishop of Paris Hardouin de Péréfixe, manage to make prohibit the public representations of the Tartuffe of Molière. The king, then anti-excessively pious person, will impose the part starting from 1669.
- May - August: Establishment by Colbert of manufactures.
- May 28th: French Company of the Eastern Indies.
- July 29th: Public excuses of the the Holy See to Fontainebleau for the Business of the Corsican guard of the August 20th 1662.
- September 18th: Protective French customs tariff.
- December 20th: Nicolas Fouquet is condemned to the perpetual banishment, pains commuted to life imprisonment by the king. He is locked up with Pignerol (December 27th).
- a royal declaration inaugurates a great investigation into the usurpations of nobility. Each family must provide the proof of her noble state former to one century and provide the written titles of them. This measurement supports the noblesse de robe to the detriment of that of sword.
the setting with the index of Galileo is raised.
- Auto-da-fe with Valladolid.
- vexatious Measurements against the nuns of Port-Royal.
- the order of the monks Trappist is founded with the Trap door in France by the abbot of Rancid.
- August: Avvakoum, faithful to its ideas, is again exiled in Siberia.
Art & culture
- Publication in Hungary of the newspaper in German language the gazette of Presbourg .
- January 29th: creation of the Forced marriage , Molière. Louis XIV dances there, dressed up as an Egyptian.
- May 12th: Presentation of Sanctimonious hypocrite . The part is prohibited until in 1669, under the influence of the devout party.
- Pleasures of the magic island , signed entertainments Lully, Molière, Isaac de Benserade, Carlo Vigarani, played Versailles.
- Thébaïde , first part of Jean Root.
- Othon , tragedy of Pierre Corneille.
- rival Women , tragi-comedy of John Dryden.
- the Queen of the Indies , tragedy of John Dryden and to sir Robert Howard on a music of Henry Purcell.
- Reflections or sentences and maxims morals of Rochefoucauld.
- New in worms drawn from Boccace ( the Cuckold beaten and content ) and from the Arioste of the Fountain.
- French Library of Charles Sorel.
- Voyage to Raising of Jean de Thévenot.
- First Tales of the Fountain.
See also: 1664 with the theater
- July 1st: Charles Le Brun becomes first painter of the king.
- Vision of saint Thomas , fabric of Murillo ordered by the augustins of Seville.
- Regents and Regents of the old people's home of the old men , collective portraits of Frans Halls.
Science & technology
- September: Micrographia , treated scientific of Robert Hooke, where is the first description of cells, seen in the cork.
- posthumous Publication of the Treated world and light of Rene Descartes.
- Pierre-Paul Riquet begins the channel of Languedoc.
Economy & company
- June 9th: Jerome Hatt, having obtained its enabling of Master-brewer, founds with Strasbourg, place of the Corbel, close to the cathedral, the Brasserie of the Canon, which will become the brewery Kronenbourg. This date of foundation indicates one of the produced of the mark: the 1664 .
- Spain: Devaluation of the vellon (balk), parts made up of a copper and money alloy.
- Ceiling of the wages of the masons with Paris between 1664 and 1691 (large building sites, population growth of the capital).
- Colbert develops industrial statistics. Creation of a body of inspectors of manufactures.
- Louis XIV creates the royal Manufacture of tapestry of Beauvais.
- Establishment of a cloth manufacture with Brno (Bohemia).
Births in 1664
- Philibert Lambert (August 4th, 1664 - March 3rd 1731), French poet.
Death in 1664
- August 27th: Francisco de Zurbarán, Spanish painter, with Madrid.
- Brace Amyraut, theologist calvinist of tendency arminienne (born with Bourgueil in 1596).
- December: Miklós Zrinyi, Hungarian poet epic (1620-1664), author of the poem the Danger of Sziget .
- April 13rd: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1664 Map-bms: 1664 Simple: 1664
|Random links:||National council of Canada research | Marcelino Menéndez there Pelayo | Makea Harmed Ariki | Fatty New | Romanum forum | Elizabeth_Garrett_Anderson|