This page relates to the year 1663 Gregorian Calendrier.
- August: Jean-Baptiste Colbert entrusts the colonization of the Guyana to the Compagnie of equinoctial France.
- March 24th: Charles II of England grants the Carolines eight owners.
- John Locke writes the fundamental Constitutions of Carolines, which set up an aristocracy of the feudal type, within which eight “barons” have 40% of the grounds of the colony, that only one of them will be able to control.
- July 8th: Charles II of England grants a charter to the colony of the Rhode Island, which recognizes the principle of the freedom of conscience, unknown in England.
- Of the white servants under contracts and the black slaves of the county of Gloucester (Virginia) foments a plot to be made free. It are betrayed and four of them are carried out.
- the New England account 80 000 inhabitants.
- February 5th: A seism in Charlevoix shakes all is of North America (2 million square kilometers) and causes vast landslides de along the Rivière Saint-Maurice, of the Batiscan and the Fleuve the St. Lawrence.
- February 24th: The Quebec becomes a colony of the crown of France. Louis XIV, after having asked accounts the Company of the Hundred-Associates, and noticing that it did not fill its duty to ensure the colonization of the News-France, dissolves the Company and attaches the colony to the Crown: it is the 60 years end of privileged companies. The king integrates the Canada into the royal field and entrusts the monopoly of the trade to the Compagnie of the Indies Occidentales in 1664.
- Mars: Creation of the the sovereign Council, first political apparatus given to the News-France, which is high with the statute of French Province. It is composed of the governor and the intendant, the bishop, the public prosecutor and a number of advisers who will increase gradually to amount of twelve members, initially named among the notable ones by the governor and the bishop, then by the king.
- March 9th: The seminar of Saint-Sulpice of Paris acquires the island of Montreal and takes again the administration of the involved in debt colony of City-Marie.
- March 26th: François of Laval founds the Séminaire of Quebec. It succeeds in making impose the Dîme for the support of the priests of the clergy.
- September 22nd: Arrival of the “girls of the king”. From 1663 with 1673, approximately 775 women accept the offer of the king. The majority is established “with Quebec before their marriage, approximately half marry there then, after a birth, will settle elsewhere in the colony”.
- October 17th: Election of the first mayor of Quebec, Jean-Baptiste Legardeur de Repentigny.
- Jean Talon comes in News-France and establishes new natalists measurements in order to support integral colonization.
- the Canada account 2500 French.
- November 10th: The Saint-Charles damping with Saint-Paul and the island Bourbon become a colony and the first French base of the Indian Ocean.
- December 17th: Into died of the queen of the Ndongo Jinga (Donna Anna de Sousa), the country is integrated into the Angola.
- Tibet : Lobsang Yeshe becomes fifth Panchen Lama (fine in 1737).
the French missionaries unload with the Vietnam.
Dutch Establishments with Cochin, Baranagor and Cassimbazar.
- April 17th: The Othomans declare the war with the Empire.
- Intervention Othoman E in Hungary. takes the fortress of Ersékujvár (Nové Zámky, in Slovakia), which becomes a pachalik. Presbourg is threatened then the Turks are withdrawn beyond Belgrade.
- the top dog Ahmed Köprülü sends 200 000 men in Silesia (against 25 000 Imperial soldiers and their allies).
- Léopold Ier convenes the Diète with Ratisbon to solicit an financial aid and soldier against the Turks. The Diet becomes perpetual. A quota of French veteran directed by Coligny will take part in the countryside of 1664.
- June 8th: Victoire of the Portuguese to the battles of Ameixial on the Spaniards of Don Juan of Austria.
- July 27th: Staple Act . Second Act of navigation in England. Obligation is made with colonial buy in the metropolis all the English or foreign goods and make them transport by English ships. London becomes the turntable of the European colonial traffic.
- Russia: Kotochikhine, secretary of the foreign affairs, delivers confidential informations to Swedish diplomat and flees with Wilno, with Warsaw, then with Stockholm (1665) where he will be condemned to died for murder in 1667. One owes him “ Russia under the reign of Alexis Mikhaïlovitch ” who recalls the history of the tsars since Ivan IV.
- Russia: fine Ukase putting at striking roubles of copper (March). Withdrawal and repurchase at low prices of those which were in circulation.
- In England, creation of the guinea , part of 8,29 grams (21 shilling).
See also: 1663 in France
- September 4th: Treaty of Nomeny; Charles IV of Lorraine yields Marsal to Louis XIV.
- Charles Colbert de Croissy becomes Maître of the requests.
- the French commercial fleet is evaluated with less 130 000 barrels.
- Opinion of House on the Form of Port-Royal.
- the tsar Alexis Ier request the opinion of the Eastern patriarchs, who condemn Nikita Nikon.
- Descartes is put at the index by the Université of Paris.
- Thought metaphysics and Principles of the philosophy of Descartes of Baruch Spinoza.
Art & culture
- Colbert founds the Académie of the inscriptions.
- the English poet John Milton publishes Paradis Lost .
- Gallant the furious , comedy of John Dryden.
- Horribilicribrifax , part of Gryphius.
- Sophonisbe , tragedy of Pierre Corneille.
- Charles de Saint-Évremond, Reflections on the various geniuses of the Roman people .
See also: 1663 with the theater
- Catherine Girardon is the first allowed woman with the royal Académie of painting and sculpture.
- Institution of the Price of Rome.
- Portrait of Michel Crow Old the of Jacques Van Loo, which is received with the royal Academy.
- Marie-Maximilienne Von Sternberg as a shepherdess portrait of Karel Škréta.
- Construction of the Church of Théatins with Munich.
- Yen Djami (new mosque) with Istanbul.
Science & technology
- the English scientist Robert Hooke makes the observation of the first cells by examining cork under the microscope.
- bayonet with casing.
- Telescope of James Gregory.
- First Barometer with dial built by Robert Hooke.
Births in 1663
- February: Francoise-Athénaïs de Rochechouart, future marchioness of Montespan with Louis Henri de Pardaillan de Gondrin, marquis de Montespan and of Antin.
Death in 1663
- Henri de Campion, war French and man of letters.
- Henri II of Orleans (1595-1663), Duke of Longueville. Brother-in-law of Cop, important actor of the Sling.
- October 22nd: Gautier de Costes of Calprenède
- October 31st: Theophilus Raynaud (° 1584?), Jesuit and theologist
- December 17th: Nzingha, warlike queen of Ndongo (the Angola of today)
- Bihârîlâl, Indian miniaturist (1603 - v. 1663).
- March 25th: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1663 Map-bms: 1663
|Random links:||Marcel and his Orchestra | Oberndorf | The Crusaders | Let' S Spend the Night Together | Fire Down Under | Érosion|