This page relates to the year 1655 Gregorian Calendrier.
- February 13rd: A Earthquake destroyed Lima and Calao with the Peru.
- May 10th: The English take the Jamaica with the Spaniards.
- September 15th, War of Fishing: Raid of the Andastes against the New-Country-Low.
- September 26th: The New-Country-Low (located on part of the current States American of New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Vermont) annex the News-Sweden what rings the knell of the colonial attempts of the Sweden in septentrional America.
- a Jewish refugee of the Brazil, Benjamin da Costa, introduced the sugar industry with the Martinique.
- the Barbados produces 7000 tons of sugar.
- With the Brazil, António Vieira obtains a law protecting the Indians.
- April 14th: English naval Victoire on Tunis with the Battle of Oporto-Farina.
- the English bombard Algiers.
- Foundation of Kosogorsk, on the Love.
- January 25th: The ordinance of Guastaldo causes the revolt of the Vaudois Piedmont which is repressed by the army.
- January: The English Parliament is dissolved.
- 11 - March 14th: Rising of Penruddock planned by the Sealed Knot . Repression by the New Model Army.
- May 3rd: Auto-da-fe with Cordoue.
- July 31st - August 18th: Treaty of pacification of Pignerol which regulates temporarily the problem Vaudois.
- November 3rd: Signature of the treated of Westminster between the France and the England, making more peaceful the relations between these two powers. The English enter in war against the Spain.
- Beginning of the reign of Léopold Ier, king of Hungary (fine in 1705). He recognizes the privileges of the orders evangelic in Hungary.
- the clergy, the middle-class and the peasants Swedish ask the Riksdag to approve a Réduction goods of the nobility previously alienated by the State. It is granted.
- royalist Attempt at insurrection led by the son of Charles Ier of England (1655-1656).
- July 25th: Capitulation of Ujście; the Tycoon Krzysztof Opaliński (Voïvode of Poznań) and Karol Grudziński (voïvode of Kalisz) betray and yield without fighting all the Large-Poland with the Swedish.
- July 31st: The Russians take Vilnius.
- August: Russians and Cosaques besiege Lvov.
- September 8th: The Swedes seize Warsaw.
- November 18th: Charles X Gustave of Sweden besieges Częstochowa but fails in front of the monastery of Paulins of Jasna Góra (considered miraculous, this event feeds the propaganda of the Counter-Reformation).
- October 15th: Massacre Jews with Lublin.
- October 19th: The Swedes occupy Cracow.
- December 18th: Jean II Casimir Vasa takes refuge in Silesia.
- December 29th: Confederation of Tyszowce. Part of the tycoons, among whom Jean Sobieski, future king), decides for the election with the throne of Poland de Charles X Gustave. But exceeded by brutalities of the Swedish troops, the Polish population organizes resistance.
See also: 1655 in France
- January: Maintenance of Blaise Pascal with Isaac Lemaistre de Sacy with Port-Royal.
- : Refusal of the discharge to the duke of Liancourt for Jansénisme.
- March 20th: Louis XIV makes record, in Lit of justice, of the financial edicts.
- April 13rd: The king recalls to the order the Parlement of Paris which was allowed to deliberate on the edicts recorded in its presence (“the State is me”, sentence that it forever known as).
- April 14th: The Sorbonne condemns the confraternelles activities of the working Compagnonnage.
- July 14th: Catch of Landrecies by the royal army.
- November 3rd: Treaty of Franco-English alliance against the Spain. Commercial treaty with the England.
- December: Antoine Arnauld, chief of the Jansenists is translated in front of the faculty of theology of Paris.
- the Parliaments receive prohibition to make deliberate all together their Rooms.
- Mazarin removes the provincial States of Normandy.
- Investigation into the usurpations of nobility.
- Charles Colbert, brother of Colbert, becomes intendant of Alsace.
- April 7th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Alexandre VII (fine in 1667).
- the Jansénisme is condemned by the Church of France.
- Russia: Arsene Soukhanov, superior of the monastery of the Epiphany, brings back the East 5000 manuscripts Greek, true arsenal against the followers of the “old faith”.
Arts & cultures
- New tragi-comic rounds of French Spanish (1655-1656), of Scarron.
See also: 1655 with the theater
- Carried Colbert by Champaigne.
- the Séguier Chancellor with horse , fabric of Charles Le Brun.
- Michel Anguier and Romanelli decorates the apartment with the queen mother to the Louvre.
- the Spanish painter Diego Vélasquez paints the Venus with the mirror .
- Hendrickje bathing , fabric of Rembrandt.
- Under the pontificate of Alexandre VII, Bernin carries out the pulpit of Saint-Pierre, the church Sant Andrea Al Quirinale and the installation of the square of Saint-Pierre.
Sciences & technology
- the Astronome Italian-French Jean-Dominique Cassini discovers the large red spot of Jupiter.
the Dutch scientist Christiaan Huygens obtains its Doctorat in right.
- the R.P. Martino Martini publishes a Atlas of China .
- Ole WORM constitutes famous a Cabinet of curiosities whose illustrated inventory appears in 1655, Museum Wormianum .
Economy & company
- Development of the manufacture of bottom of Silk to the trade with Paris, in Ile-de-France, with Lyon and Nimes until in 1690.
- 930 000 inhabitants in Bohemia.
Births in 1655
- May 4th: Bartolomeo Cristofori, manufacturer of the first piano.
- May 13rd: Michelangelo dei Conti, future Innocent pope XIII. He dies on March 7th 1724.
Death in 1655
- January 7th: Innocent X.
- March 22nd: In Chelsea of Theodore Turquet de Mayerne, chemist and Swiss doctor.
- April 30th: Eustace Sweat, painter (1617 -1655).
- July 15th: , Italian architect (1570 -1655).
- July 28th: Savinien de Cyrano of Bergerac writer and dramatic author, Edmond Rostand took as a starting point this man to write Cyrano of Bergerac .
- September 7th: Tristan the Hermit, poet and playwright.
- October 24th: Pierre Gassendi (Pierre Gassend), mathematician and philosopher, libertine, astronomer and physicist French.
- March 28th: Easter Sunday
Be-X-old: 1655 Map-bms: 1655 Simple: 1655
|Random links:||Congenital myopathy myotubulaire | Airport of Magenta | Government Daniel Johnson (wire) | Big Pig | Guy Lardreau | Ernest_Thayer|