This page relates to the year 1652 Gregorian Calendrier.
- May 18th: The Rhode Island adopts a law to prohibit the Esclavage, the first in North America; the traders of Providence and Newport continue the trade of the slaves with other colonies.
- Rébellions against the quitrent , perpetual revenues due to the lord, in the Maryland (five between 1652 and 1689).
- Brazil: The Jésuite António Vieira sometimes happens at the Maranhão with a royal order to free all the Indians, which unchains the general rising of the Portuguese, including monks not Jesuits.
- April 6th: The Dutchmen found the colony of the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa for the Compagnie Dutchwoman of the Eastern Indies.
- Two hundred Dutchmen led by Jan van Riebeeck settle in the Cape. Safe from a fort, they cultivate cereals and introduce the horse. The inhabitants of the Cape and its immediate surroundings give each other the name of free burghers (middle-class free). The Company mother exerts a strict monopoly on the exchanges, but the colonists found a patriarchal and biblical life, giving each other the name of country people to flee mercantile civilization, the Boers.
- the relationship between the Boer S, the Hottentots, the Xhosa S and the Cafre S is bad, the last not obeying the same laws on the exchange and the property. For Hottentots, the ground does not belong to nobody, and one could “defend it” by a palisade. For Xhosas, a cow cannot be exchanged against an inanimate object. The use is to restore, in the exchange, one of the kids of the female, the cow being used as pledge. Thus getting animals at Xhosas, Boers are surprised and furious to see them disappearing, removed as soon as they put low.
- Mozambique: The Monomotapa of the Karanga Mavoura Mhandé converts with Catholicism, but its power declines, because its vassal is detached little by little from him. Under the reign of its successor Siti Karurukumusapa (1652 - 1666), which takes the name of Dom Domingos after its baptism, the situation becomes critical for the Portuguese.
- March 24th - April 3rd: Sit of Achansk: First confrontation Russo-Chinese on the Love following the countryside of Yerofey Khabarov (1649 -1651).
- most of the China is joined together under the Manchu capacity.
- Lozang Gyatso, Ve Dalaï Lama (Tibet) goes to Beijing. It becomes spiritual guide of the emperor of China which offers to him in return its protection temporal.
- Foundation of Irkoutsk in Siberia.
- April: The Rump proclaims the union of the England and the Scotland.
- May 12th: Rendering of Galway in Ireland.
- May 18th: The Spaniards take Gravelines.
- May 29th: Naval action of Goodwin Sands between Blake and Tromp close to Dover.
- July 17th: Guerre enters England and the United Provinces (fine in 1654). The war being officially declared (the July 10th by the Rump Parliament), the combat in Manche multiply.
- August 12th: The ground of the provinces of Leinster, of Munster and Ulster in Ireland is distributed to the creditors of the Parliament and the veterans. An Act of Establishment orders the deportation of the Irishmen of stock in the counties of Connaught and Clare, and the distribution of the grounds between the 12 000 veterans of the English army.
- August 26th: The English admiral George Ayscue attacks in Handle (Plymouth) a Dutch convoy ordered by Michiel de Ruyter.
- October 8th: English Victoire of Kentish Knock in front of the mouth of the the Thames.
- October 9th: the England enters in war with the United Provinces.
- October: The French troops evacuate the Italy North and the Catalogne.
- October 10th: Catch of Barcelona. The Castilians re-occupy Barcelona with the favor of the Fronde.
- December 10th: The Dutchmen are victorious of the English with Dungeness.
- the practice of the liberum veto is recognized in Poland. By granting a right to veto with all the deputies, it reinforces a system of anarchistic government which makes pass the private interests of the nobility before those of the State. The Diet is broken by the veto of the deputy of Upita, Ladislas Sicinski, with the incentive of the prince Janus Radziwill (rupture caused by the disorders in Ukraine). On 55 Diets held of 1652 with 1704, 48 dissolve before to have completed their work.
- Bogdan Khmelnitski goes to Moscow, meets Alexis Ier of Russia, and asks him to attach the Ukraine to the Russia.
- Ukase widening military recruitment with new social categories in Russia.
- Bankruptcy in Spain.
- Bubonic plague in Sardinia.
See also: 1652 in France
- January 24th: Alliance of Cop and Gaston of Orleans against Mazarin.
- January 29th: Mazarin joined the Court with Poitiers.
- February 19th: Gondi becomes Cardinal of Retz. Its popularity in Paris crumbles.
- Mars: Cop walk towards north.
- 2 - April 5th: Disorders with Paris.
- April 7th: Cop, victorious with the Battle of Bléneau on Hocquincourt, is beaten the following day with Gien by Turenne, become again loyal supporter. He goes on Paris (11 - April 12th).
- May: Royal declaration cancelling the restrictions brought by Louis XIII on Calvinistes in the civil and religious field.
- July 2nd: Condé runs up against Turenne in the Saint-Anthony Suburb. Anne de Montpensier, girl of Gaston of Orleans makes fire the gun from the Bastille on the royal troops what makes it possible Condé to enter the city.
- July 4th: Attacks and sets fire to Town hall by the rioters of the party of the princes and introduction of a mode of terror dominated by Condé, Gaston of Orleans, general lieutenant of the kingdom; Beaufort, governor of Paris and Broussel, provost of the merchants.
- August 6th: Louis XIV convenes with Pontoise the members of the Parliament who intend to remain to him faithful.
- August 19th: Under the pressure of the members of Parliament, Mazarin gains Bouillon.
- August 27th: The princes refuse the partial amnesty suggested by the king.
- 24 - September 28th: The Parisian ones claim the return of the king.
- October 13rd: Condé is driven out of Paris by the middle-class men. Its departure for the Flanders, then Spain puts an end to the Fronde.
- October 21st: Louis XIV, Anne of Austria enters Paris triumphantly.
- October 28th: Gaston of Orleans is exiled with Blois.
- November 13rd: Re-entry of the Parliament. Cop and Conti is declared by the guilty king of lese-majesty.
- December 19th: Retz, stopped with the Louvre, is imprisoned with Vincennes.
- May: Vision of George Fox in Pendle Hill (Lancashire), regarded as the date of the spiritual foundation of future the Company of the Friends.
- : Nikita Nikon (1605 - 1681) becomes patriarch of Moscow (fine in 1658). Near to the tsar Alexis Ier, it obtains any authority as regards religious reform and makes revise the translations of the Scriptures what causes the opposition of the “old believers” directed by Avvakoum.
Art & culture
- April 4th: Francoise d' Aubigné (future Mrs. de Maintenon) wife for financial reasons the poet Paul Scarron being thus integrated into a brilliance network literary (Madam de Sévigné and Madam of Fayette).
- Madeleine de Scudéry opens a literary living room, the Saturdays of Miss de Scudéry (Montausier, Rochefoucauld, Madam of Fayette, Madam de Sévigné, Conrart, Chapelain, Pellisson).
- Dispersion of the Library Mazarine by the slingers.
- Creation of the Academy of Caen by Jacques Bracing of Brieux.
- Christian Morals , of Amyraut (1652-1660).
- Christian Socrate , test of Guez de Balzac.
- Relation containing the history of the French Academy of Pellisson.
- Relation of the civil wars of France of Rochefoucauld.
- States and Empires of the Sun of Cyrano of Bergerac.
See also: 1652 with the theater
- Concert of Johann Jakob Froberger in Paris.
- Lully directs the “band of the small violins”, created for him.
- Presentation with the Temple , fabric of Sweat.
- Holy Therese in extase of Holy-Marie-of-the-Victoire, sculpture of the Bernin.
- Frontage of Saint Agnes, Francesco Borromini.
- the Ca' Pesaro with Venice, palate of Longhena.
Births in 1652
- May 4th: Kangxi 康熙 (name of reign) or Xuányè 玄晔 (personal name), Chinese Emperor of the Dynasty Qing, which had the longest reign of the history of China, of 1661 with 1722. († December 22nd 1722).
Death in 1652
- February 17th Gregorio Allegri, type-setter.
- March 13rd: Claude Bouthillier, which had been superintendent of finances under Louis XIII, husband this Marie de Bragelogne, or Bragelonne.
- April 5th: Jean-Pierre Camus (1582 -1652), bishop of Belley, novelist.
- April 21st: Pietro della Valle known as Pellegrino , Exploring adventurer and Italian of the 17th century. (° April 2nd 1586).
- May 10th: Jacques Nompar de Caumont, duke and marshal of the Force, born about 1559.
- June 21st: , English architect (1573 -1652).
- July 8th: Mrs. de Rhodes who would have been upset by learning the danger to which was exposed her father-in-law, the Marshal of Hospital to the day of the straws .
- July 18th: Paolo Mancini, a nephew of Mazarin in which this one placed much hope is wounded with death, the 2, with the battle of the Saint-Anthony door.
- July 30th: The duke of Nemours is killed in duel by his brother-in-law, the duke of Beaufort.
- August 9th: Duke of Bubble which played a big role in the Fronde.
- August 10th: At two years, of the duke of Valois, only son of Gaston of Orleans. It was very counterfeited and abnormal mentally. He did not speak nor did not go at two years.
- August 14th: Abraham Elzevier (1592 -1652), nephew of Bonaventure, bookseller and printer with Leyde.
- September 2nd: Jusepe de Ribera, painter and Spanish engraver, with Naples.
- October: Clement Metezeau, French architect (1581 -1652).
- October 1st: François Nicolas Baudot, sior Dubuisson-Aubenay, author of the Newspaper of the civil wars (1648-1652) , which tells the Sling with the daily newspaper, of the continuations of a pneumonia.
- October 11th: Leon Bouthillier de Chavigny, father of Claude deceased on March 13rd, at the 44 years age. Condé showed it to have betrayed it. He would have died of emotion following the torrent of insults of this prince.
- November 7th: Charlotte-Marie of Lorraine, young lady of Chevreuse at 25 years. Girl of the duchess, mistress of Gondi, promised a time in pledge of reconciliation to Conti.
|Random links:||Miltiade the Young person | Dommartin-with-wood | Travel in Rodrigues | Komondor | List operating systems | Faire_attention_d'Edouard|