This page relates to the year 1647 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 27th: Creation of the Council of Quebec “in charge with the order and justice in News-France”. It directs finances, the trade of the furs and the general policy. It was formed, at the origin, of the governors of Quebec and Montreal and of the superior of the Jésuites. He admits in his meetings, with deliberative voice, the elected syndics or representative of Quebec, of Three-Rivers and Montreal. In 1663, the Council of Quebec was removed and replaced by the Sovereign Council.
- May 11th: Arrival with Manhattan of Pieter Stuyvesant, new managing director of the New-Country-Low to replace William Kieft.
- the French colonize Saint Martin's day.
- Mars: The Dutch ship Niew Haarlem fails the Cape. Its crew is constrained to remain one year on the spot.
- June 10th: Spanish naval Victoire on Holland with the Bataille of the port of Surges, in bay of Manila, with the Filipino .
- the privileges of the Dutch Compagnie of the Eastern Indies are renewed, with the help of some concessions of the directors.
- Died of the sultan of Mataram, Agung. It opens a crisis of succession from which the Dutch Company profits to extend its domination on Java.
March 13rd: Armistice of Ulm between the France, the Sweden and the Bavaria following successes of Turenne on the the Rhine: the voter of Bavaria withdraws imperial party and declares his neutrality. France recognizes electoral dignity to him.
- March 14th: Died of Stathouder of the Republic of the United Provinces, Frederic-Henri de Nassau, which succeeds, the May 14th, his/her son Guillaume II of Orange.
- May 12th: new head office of Lérida.
- June 17th: The Grand Cop raises the head office of Lérida in Catalogne. It makes Mazarin responsible for its disappointment.
- June: Russo-Polish alliance against the Turks. The Poles will make the war in Turkey and the Russians in the Crimea.
- September: Sit of Lens. Fouquet is there.
- October 3rd: Rendering of Lens.
- Beginning of the reign of Ferdinand de Habsbourg, king of Hungary.
- On the Rhine, the troops of Turenne, irregularly paid, is relaxed.
- Jacquerie in Poland.
- Institution in Russia of a military code of legislation adapted of the “payment of Charles Quint” .
- Metz-native Food shortage with , which causes a revolt.
- May 20th: Revolt with Palermo against the viceroy, the marquis de Los Velez, due to the taxation of the products of great consumption. The viceroy is driven out and the insurrectionists obtain the suppression of the most unpopular taxes and the dissolution of the Senate. Joseph d' Alesi seizes the power (August 13rd) but is assassinated the August 22nd.
- July 7th: Revolt Napolitains against the Spain at the time of the perception of a tax on the fruits. The fisherman of Amalfi Thomas Aniello, known as Masaniello takes the head of crowd. The viceroy, the duke D' Arcos, withdraws himself in the fortress of the Castle-Nine while the insurrection is spread in the area of Salerno, in the Pouilles and in Calabria. Masaniello is assassinated the July 16th on order of the viceroy. It replaced by the arms manufacturer Gennaro Annese, who proclaims the République and places it under the protection of France. The Spanish fleet of Don Juan of Austria appears in front of Naples. The insurrectionists call upon the ambassador from France to Rome (October 24th).
- the French Army of Italy cannot lead to the Milanais, while the fleet does not manage to support the Neapolitan ones revolted.
See also: Neapolitan Republic (1647)
- Plague with London.
- January 30th: Charles Ier of England is delivered to the Parlement by the Scot.
- : The king refuses a constitutional project ( Heads off Proposals ), subjected by the son-in-law of Cromwell, Ireton, which withdraws any control to him on the army and the foreign politics, and envisages to renew the Parliament, reduced to the Communes, every two years.
- August 8th: Victoire of the Members of Parliament on the confederated Irish with the Battle of Dungans Hill.
- October 28th - November 11th: DEBATEs of Putney
- the Agreement of the people ( Agreement off the People ), proclamation of the Levelling resting on the equal rights of all the individuals and inalienable character of their freedom. They assert the male vote for all and the annual renewal of the Parliament, and call their wishes a company made up of small holders.
- November 15th: The king Charles Ier of England manages to escape.
- November 17th: Mutiny of Corkbush Field.
See also: 1647 in France
- the Company of the Friends (Quakers) is rested by the shoe-maker George Fox.
- Apology for the religion , Pasteur calvinist of the academy of Saumur Amyraut.
- the Austria is devoted to the Virgin Mary.
Art & culture
- March 2nd: Orfeo , opera of Luigi Rossi, whose clever machineries are the work of Torelli, is played Paris.
- 22 - September 23rd: Visits of Rene Descartes with Blaise Pascal.
- Creation with the Portugal of Academia back generos , literary circle (1647 - 1716).
- Remarks on the French language of Vaugelas.
- Baltasar Gracián written to the court gentleman .
See also: 1647 with the theater
Martyrdom of saint Andre , fabric of Charles Le Brun.
- Portrait in an interior of Louis the Dwarf.
- Paulus Potter painted the bull .
- the Bush , fabric of Jacob Van Ruysdael.
- Rembrandt painted Suzanne and the old men .
- Sweat works with the Hôtel Lambert.
Science & technology
- September 15th: Letter of Blaise Pascal in Florin Périer to ask him to carry out the experiment of the Puy de Dôme.
- October: new Experiments concerning the vacuum of Blaise Pascal.
Economy & company
- February 27th: Creation in Sweden of the first Company of Appraisers specialized in art: the “ Stockholms Auktionsverk ”.
- Food shortage in Spain. Epidemic of Bubonic plague (1647 - 1652). A quarter of the population of Valence and half of that of Seville (60 000 for 110 000 with 120 000 inhabitants) are decimated.
- France: Peak of rise of the prices (1647 - 1650). Taxation of war: edicts of the Tariff, the Repurchase.
Births in 1647
August 7th: Anne Tannegy the Boilerman, future Mrs. Dacier.
- August 22nd: Denis Papin, inventive French
- November 18th: Pierre Bayle, philosopher and writer French
Death in 1647
- April 25th: Matthias Official receptions, general of the War Thirty Year old
- August 10th: Faucion de Ris, first president of the Parliament of Rouen, faintness which follows the observation which they were 13 with table.
- October 2nd (or 3): The marshal Jean de Gassion, wounded of a blow of mousquet to the head office of Lens whereas it tried to tear off a pile of palisade.
- October 25th: Evangelista Torricelli, Italian physicist.
Be-X-old: 1647 Map-bms: 1647 Simple: 1647
|Random links:||Byte | Phylloscopus | Large Barbat | Thomas Langmann | Handling of the images in the conflict of the Middle East | ETA|