This page relates to the year 1639 Gregorian Calendrier.
- January 14th: the Connecticut adopts its first constitution: the Fundamental orders .
- January 23rd: Auto-da-fe with Lima. Seven judaïsants are burned alives, of which Francisco Maldonado da Silva.
- February: Philippe de Lonvilliers de Poincy is established with St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre, in part of Saint Martin's day and with Holy-Cross (1639 - 1660).
- : Arrival of the Ursuline S with the Quebec. The same year, they teach with the young girls in their house at the Low-City of Quebec. Arrival of the Hospital arrivals to found a hospital.
- Japan: Edicts of closing of the country (Sakoku) except for the Chinese, who can send two ships per annum, and of the Dutchmen (1641).
- Expulsion of the Portuguese of Deshima, artificial small island in the port of Nagasaki, suspected of having to foment the revolt of Nagasaki. The Japan closes in the Occident until in 1853.
- the Dutchmen settle with Nagasaki.
- August 22nd: The town of Madras, on the Coast of Coromandel in India, is based by English Francis Day.
- the Dutchmen make the blockade of Goa. They control Trincomalée in Ceylon.
- the translation of work Tibetans continues until the 19th century. The gun Tibetan (Kandjour) and the comments of this one (Tandjour), represent nearly three hundred volumes. They include/understand a considerable part of the old scientific knowledge of the India, the works of linguists, doctors and philosopher Indian, the poem of Kalidasa. Indian tales, the Pantchatantra and the Vetalapantchavimchatika, grow rich by local elements.
The Middle East
- May 7th: Treaty of Kasr-i Chirine to Constantinople between the Ottoman Empire and the Persian , confirming in Turkey Baghdad and Tabriz.
- April 14th: Victoire of the general Swedish Baner with the Battle of Chemnitz on the Saxony. It invades the Bohemia, the Moravie and the Silesia.
- June 7th: Feuquières is beaten by Piccolomini in front of Thionville.
- June: First Bishops' War in Scotland. Beginning of the Wars of the Three Kingdoms.
- June 19th:
- Condé takes Salses, key of the Roussillon.
- Pacification of Berwick between Charles Ier of England and the revolted Covenanter S.
- June 29th: Meilleraye takes Hesdin in the presence of the king of France.
- September 1st: Beginning of the Head office of Salses.
- October 31st: Battle of the Dunes. Victoire of the Dutchmen of the admiral Maarten Tromp on the Spanish fleet ordered by the admiral Oquendo with broad of Dover. The Spanish Netherlands are insulated.
- November 20th: Battle of the Road, in Piedmont, close to Carmagnole. Feat of arms of the count of Harcourt.
- December 14th: The Lord deputy Thomas Wentworth is recalled of his government of Ireland.
- Be dry. Early grape harvest in the north of France (10 - September 11th). Consecutive dysentery with the fall of water.
- February 13rd: The Polish prince Jean Casimir Vasa, which will become king de Pologne in 1648 (Jean II Casimir Vasa ( Jan II Kazimierz Waza ), also called Casimir V), shown plot against France - he would have plotted with the Spain -, is locked up, on order of Richelieu, in the keep of the citadel of Sisteron.
- June 16th: Revolt of the tramps in Normandy against the gabelle one repressed by Tellier, Séguier and Heel (January-March 1640).
- June: Disorders with Paris supports of them defrauders who bring the wine to Paris without discharging the import duty.
- August 16th: release of the Polish prince Jean Casimir Vasa, held since February in the keep of the citadel of Sisteron, on order of Richelieu.
- Revolt in Languedoc.
- Richelieu removes the provincial States in Provence.
- Mazarin (Giulio Mazzarini), which leaves its post of apostolic nuncio in Paris to enter to the service of the king, is naturalized French.
- Theology familiar of Jean Duvergier de Hauranne.
- Gaston de Renty becomes higher Compagnie of the Blessed Sacrament (fine in 1649).
Art & culture
- historical talks of Jean Pierre Camus.
- political Considerations on the coups d'etat of Gabriel Naudé.
- Its und Feierlagssonette , poetries of Gryphius.
- Poetic , of Mesnardière.
See also: 1639 with the theater
- Nozze di Teti E di Peleo , opera of Cavalli.
- Richelieu makes raise a equestrian Statue of Louis XIII on the royal place (Place of the Vosges).
- Georges of the Tower becomes ordinary painter of king de France.
- the Beggars , fabric of Sebastien Bumblebee.
- the Dream of Jacob , fabric of Ribera.
- Officers and warrant officers of the body of the archers of Saint-Georges , collective portrait of Frans Halls.
- Self-portrait of Rembrandt.
Science & technology
- December 4th: First observation of the Transit of Venus by Jeremiah Horrocks and revaluation the distance Ground-Sun.
Economy & company
- October 18th: Appearance of the millet of Spain (Corn) on the market of Toulouse. It is essential between 1644 and 1655.
Births in 1639
- December 22nd: Jean Root, French poet
Death in 1639
- July 18th: Bernard of Saxony-Weimar, general German, who made itself famous during the Guerre Thirty Year old.
- August 4th: Juan Ruiz de Alarcón, Mexican playwright of Spanish ascent . (° October 2nd 1581).
- August 20th: Martin Opitz von Boberfeld, poet and German playwright (Bunzlau, Silesia, 1597 - Dantzig, 1639).
- October 28th: Stefano Landi (1590-1639), Italian type-setter.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Nicolas Guillain, French sculptor.
Be-X-old: 1639 Map-bms: 1639 Simple: 1639
|Random links:||Courtomer (Seine-et-Marne) | Killer Instinct (video game) | Rolls-Royce 20 HP | Boćevica | Santa Rita (Paraíba) | Royaume_d'Essex|