This page relates to the year 1633 Gregorian Calendrier.
- March 1st: Samuel de Champlain claims his post of governor of the News-France in the name of Richelieu.
- May 22nd: Return of Champlain to Quebec.
- the Antilles: Bonaire, Aruba and Curaçao passes to the hands of Dutch.
- Creation of the Company of Rouen for the colonization of the Guyana.
- Following doctrinal quarrels between catholic coptes orthodoxe and Portuguese Jesuits, the Portuguese are expelled of Ethiopia.
- Stay in Ethiopia of the Jesuit Manoel de Almeida. He traces a chart of the country.
- the English Compagnie of the Eastern Indies widens its sphere of influence in Orissa.
- January 12th: Axel Oxenstierna is indicated by the Swedish Diet as plenipotentiary messenger in Germany, with an absolute capacity on the territories conquered by the Swedish armies during the first phase of the Guerre Thirty Year old.
- April: Alliance of the France with the Sweden, Wallenstein and of many German princes against the emperor.
- April 15th: Protestant confederation of Heilbronn: alliance of the Sweden and the German princes against the emperor.
- April 23rd: Renewal of free-Swedish alliance.
- June: Wallenstein, which has accepted the capacity of the emperor to designate the generals and to conclude the treaties, negotiates an armistice with the voter of Saxony.
- August 6th: William Laud becomes Archevêque of Canterbury. He seeks to restore the sacerdotal authority of the priests and the bishops and to restore the former rites (arminism). He runs up against the presbytériens. The refractory priests are congédiés, the churches must decorate the furnace bridge and the dissidents undergo the mutilation.
- September 25th: Entry of Louis XIII in Nancy. Occupation of the Duchy of Lorraine by the France.
- October 1st: The patriarch of Moscow Philarète (Fédor Romanov) dies. The tsar restores his capacity with the Zemski sobor, convened with each serious crisis.
- October 3rd: Lifting of the head office of Smolensk. Michel III of Russia, tries to take again Smolensk with the Poland. The seat lasts 7 months, the Russians are put in rout by the army Polonaise.
- October 22nd, Gottorp: Departure of the German Adam Olearius in Russia. It reaches Moscow the August 14th 1634. It again crosses Russia at the time of a mission in Iran (1635 - 1639). It will make the account of its voyages (1643).
- Charles Ier Stuart, king d' Angleterre is crowned king d' Écosse with Edinburgh according to the ritual Anglican, and wants that it is applied in all the kingdom
- Thomas Wentworth becomes Lord lieutenant d' Irlande (fine in 1639). It controls Ireland as a tyrant and joins together the Parliament of Dublin only once in 1634 - 1635. It develops the policy of plantation by encouraging the Scottish emigration (40 000 immigrants in 1640) and extending it to the other counties. It supports the laudism, which attracts to him the hostility of the catholics like puritans.
- January 18th: Creation of the Parliament of Metz.
- February: Arrest of Châteauneuf.
- February 28th: Pierre Séguier becomes Minister of Justice (fine in 1650).
Revolt of the workmen of silk with Lyon.
- ecclesiastical Conference of Tuesday with Mr Vincent.
- Vincent of Paul founds the Filles of Charity.
- the Congrégation of the Priests of the Mission founded by Vincent of Paul is approved by the pope.
- Saint-Cyran becomes spiritual adviser of the nuns of Port-Royal-of-Fields.
- Pierre Mohila (1596 - 1646), métropolite of Kiev, organizes a hearth for the orthodoxe Counter-Reformation.
- Russia: Foundation of the school of Tchoudov monastyr (monastery of the Miracle of the Archangel Saint-Michel to the the Kremlin).
Art & culture
- Book of architecture, furnace bridges and chimneys of Jean Bardet.
- History of the kings de France of Michel de Marolles.
- Complaints of Acanthus of Tristan the Hermit.
See also: 1633 with the theater
Mathieu the Dwarf is received ordinary painter of the town of Paris.
- Zurbarán carries out the cycle of chartreuse of Las Cuevas in Triana (close to Seville) of which the Saint Hugues with the refectory of the Carthusian monks .
- Citrons, oranges and pink , still life of Zurbarán.
- Meeting of the officers and warrant officers of the body of the archers of Saint-Adrien , collective portrait of Frans Halls.
- Miseries and misfortunes of the War , collection of engravings of Jacques Stone-block.
- Samson plugged by the Philistines , fabric of Rembrandt.
- Pierre de Cortone paints the fresco of the Barberini palate (fine in 1639).
- Bernin completes the bronze baldachin of Saint-Pierre of Rome.
- Church of the Visitation, Street Saint-Anthony, in Paris, of François Mansart.
Science & technology
- February 13rd: Galileo, then 70 years old, is stopped by the Inquisition with Rome.
- April 12th: Beginning of the lawsuit of Galileo.
- June 22nd: Condemned by the court of the Enquiry (the Holy Office), Galileo disavows his ideas copernicians. He is placed under house arrest with His then in the villa of Arcetri, from where he publishes the Discours and Démonstration mathematics on two new sciences which treat local mechanics and movements (1638). After having disavowed its scientific convictions and in particular the fact that the ground rotates, Galileo would have murmured " And yet it tourne". The Church will rehabilitate it in 1992.
Economy & company
- France: In 1633, the public revenue coming from the venality of the loads accounts for 52% of the receipts of the saving.
- More 15 000 black slaves with Lisbon for 100 000 inhabitants.
Births in 1633
- April 19th: Willem Drost, Dutch painter
- May 15th: Vauban, military architect of Louis XIV
- October 14th: Jacques II future king of England
- Louis Marshall, writer and Playwright French († 1698)
Death in 1633
- March 1st: George Herbert, English metaphysical poet (born in 1593), author of a collection, The Temple (1633).
- April 4th: Pieter Lastman, painter and engraver Dutch (Amsterdam, 1583-1633).
- May 11th: Catherine de Clèves, countess of Have, widow of Henri of Lorraine, say “ the Gash ”, Duke of Own way, and mother of Louis III, cardinal of Own way.
- August 12th: Perished Jacopo, Italian type-setter
- October 25th: Jehan Titelouze, organist and type-setter French.
- February 1st: Isabelle of Spain (1566-1633), governor of the Spanish Netherlands.
Be-X-old: 1633 Map-bms: 1633
|Random links:||Trensacq | Tim Reid | Jean-Robert Debray | Bülent Ersoy | Tony Twist | Liste_de_matières_de_base_de_divertissement|