This page relates to the year 1631 Gregorian Calendrier.
- February 5th: Arrival of Roger Williams with Boston.
- the English explorer Luke Fox makes it tower of the Hudson Bay.
- the chorfa Alawites (descendant of Ali, son-in-law of Mahomet) of the oasis of the Tafilalet take as chief Mohammed ech-Sherif to defend oneself against the partisans of the marabout of Dila.
- Dynasty of the Filali to the Morocco.
- Dynasty of the beys mouradides to Tunis (fine in 1702). They take again with their service large the local families and adopt the administrative traditions Hafsides. In Tunis, contrary to Algiers, the Turkish element is melted with the population.
- Interdiction is made with the Japan board travel overseas, reside at it or even return from there under penalty of death.
- January 23rd: Treaty of Bärwald between the France (Charnacé) and the Sweden. France finances the army of king de Suède at a rate of an annual million books tournaments during five years. Gustave II Adolphe of Sweden is committed maintaining a strong army of 36 000 men in Germany and not to sign separated peace with the emperor.
March 31st - April 6th - May 30th; Peace of Cherasco: End of the War of succession of Mantoue. Concession of Pignerol to the France and of the duchies of Mantoue and Montferrat to Charles III of Nevers which succeeds the Gonzague mantouans like Charles Ier de Mantoue.
May 20th: Bag of Magdeburg by the imperial ones of Tilly and Pappenheim. Massacre population. It causes the Swedish intervention. Gustave-Adolphe walks on Frankfurt-on-the Oder, is combined with the voter of Brandebourg (June) then to the prince de Saxe (September).
- June 20th: Bag of Baltimore, in Ireland, by barbaresque corsairs.
- September 17th: Victoire of the king (Lutheran) Gustave II Adolphe of Sweden to the Battle of Breitenfeld, in the north of Leipzig, where it crushes the army of the catholic Ligue, ordered by the generals Impériaux, the counts of Tilly and of Pappenheim.
- October: Gustave Adolphe of Sweden goes then on the the Rhine and the Germany of the south by Erfurt, Francfort-sur-le-Main and Mainz.
- November 15th: The troops saxonnes enter in Bohemia and take Prague. Pappenheim operates the length of the Weser to cut the Swedish connections, while Tilly reconstitutes its army and covers the Bavaria.
- December 16th: Eruption of the Vesuvius causing more 40 000 dead
- December 23rd: Rendering of Mainz to the troops of Gustave II Adolphe of Sweden.
- the States Pontificaux annex the duchy of Urbin.
- Riots with Bilbao, in Biscay, directed by the Junta of Guernica and the Armona priest, against the tax on salt. Lopes de Mores and the duke of Ciudad Real restores the order, but Olivares must give up the tax and promise the respect of the fueros (right) local.
- Agitation in favor of the expulsion of the new Christians to the Portugal.
- Under pretext of fight against the Dutchmen who took Pernambouc, the king Philippe IV of Spain increases again the taxes with the Portugal: the civils servant are invited to give half of their emoluments, the clergy to pay a lump sum, the noble ones to contribute in proportion to their fortune. The taxes indirect increase and touch the people.
January 30th: Gaston of Orleans, known as Mister , breaks with Richelieu and leaves the court.
- January 30th: Riots with Paris against the tax on the wine combined with those born from the rise in the price of the bread.
- March 18th: Moderate repression of the insurrection of the '' Cascaveou '' with Aix by Cop.
- June 14th: The partisans of Mister are judged by a room of justice for lese-majesty.
- July 4th: 400 Piémontais come to raise the garrison of the castle from Nice, almost completely destroyed.
- July 19th: Marie de Médicis share for the Netherlands. She dies in exile with Cologne in 1642.
- September 1st - October 10th: Meeting of the national synod of the reformed Churches with Charenton.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- the Prince de Condé becomes governor of Burgundy.
- Paroxysm of the conjunction of the food shortage and the Plague. With Paris the price of corn reaches its highest level since the end of the wars of religion. Good harvest puts an end to the crisis, person in charge since 1627 of two million deaths, that is to say 20% of the population. The communities of inhabitants irréversiblement were heavily and irréversiblement involved in debt in purchase of grains, help and expenses of hospital.
Art & culture
- May 30th: Creation of the Gazette , by Théophraste Renaudot, it is the first French weekly magazine.
- Madeleine de Souvré, marchioness of Sanded, settles place Royale. It animates, with her friend the Comtesse of Moor, a literary Salon celebrates, that Blaise Pascal and Rochefoucauld attend assiduously, and in which the fashion of the maxims develops and of the portraits (end in 1655).
Clitandre or persecuted Innocence , tragi-comedy of Crow.
- the Doubles , comedy of Jean de Rotrou.
- Lygdamon and Lydias , tragedy of Georges de Scudéry.
- poetic Works of Georges de Scudéry.
- Aristippe or Of the court , Guez de Balzac.
- the Allegro and It Penseroso (1631), Arcades (1632-v. 1634) and Comus (1632), poems of John Milton.
See also: 1630 with the theater
- Velasquez paints the Portrait of Philippe IV .
- Rembrandt leaves Leyde for Amsterdam and opens a workshop in the merchant of tables Hendrick Van Uylenburgh.
- Beginning of the construction of the Taj Mahal with Âgrâ in India (fine in 1643/1644, or 1648, or 1654, the date are dubious).
- Beginning of the construction of the town of Richelieu, in France, on order of the cardinal of the same name (fine in 1642).
- Construction of the Prison of the Abbey to Paris by Gamart.
- the architect Philibert Roy begins the construction of the Versailles of Louis XIII.
- the sculptor and architect Baldassare Longhena begins the construction of the church of Salute with Venice (fine in 1687).
Science & technology
- November 7th: The Astronome French Pierre Gassendi carries out the first observation of a Transit of Mercury envisaged by Johannes Kepler in 1619.
- December 7th: Transit of Venus envisaged by Johannes Kepler.
Economy & company
- the rise in the price of cereals in Germany reaches 186% between 1601 - 1610 and 1631 - 1640.
- Russia: The State subsidizes the English industrialist Frank Glover for the creation of workshops of goldsmithery and jewelry, in collaboration with the Russian merchant Ivan Martynov.
Births in 1631
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Death in 1631
- June 17th: Arjumand Bânu Begam, wife of the emperor moghol Shah Jahan
- June 19th: François Parked, religious Jésuite, polemist and poet French
- July 28th: Guillén of Castro Spanish playwright (° 1569)
- August 30th: Charles III of Mayenne, noble French, duke of Mayenne and Pivot (° 1609,22 years)
- September 22nd: Federico Borromeo, religious Italian (° 1564)
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Be-X-old: 1631 Map-bms: 1631
|Random links:||Guy XVII of Laval | Fadet of the garrigues | Al Gharrafa Doha | Sporting shooting (handisport) | Cryptographic Application Programming Interfaces | Edda|