This page relates to the year 1600 Gregorian Calendrier.
- Foundation of Tadoussac.
- the kingdom Oyo, in the south-east of the Nigeria, is with its apogee.
- October 21st: Ieyasu Tokugawa, 57 years old, demolishes its rivals, of the Daimyô revolted, with the Bataille of Sekigahara and assoit its capacity on the totality of the Japan. More 200 000 men entretuaient themselves in mud when Ieyasu obtains the rallying of some daimyô which makes rock the exit of the battle.
- Beginning of the Time of Edo with the Japan of the name of the capital of Ieyasu (fine in 1868).
- the Burmese Empire bursts under the effect of a civil war.
- Assassination of Cham Bibi, queen of Bijapur. Akbar takes its capital Ahmadnagar, then appendix the Khandesh.
- Akbar authorizes the Jésuites to preach the Gospel in India.
- February 17th: Giordano Bruno is carried out with Rome.
- March 20th: Blood bath of Linköping, in Sweden where an important part of the nobility favorable to Sigismond Vasa is carried out on order of the regent Charles.
- May: Michel the Brave man occupies the Moldavie, relieves the voïévode Ieremia Movilă set up by the Poles and proclaims prince of all Ougrie-Valachie, Transylvania and Valachie.
- July 2nd: Maurice de Nassau demolishes the Austrian army with the Bataille of Nieuport
- September: The Poles invade the Moldavie and restore Ieremia Movilă.
- October 8th: San Marino obtains its written constitution.
- October 20th: Victoire of Polish of Jan Zamoyski on the Moldavie and the Valachie with Tîrgoviste.
- December 18th: Floods with Venice.
- Failure of a forwarding of the United Provinces in the Flandres. Scramble between Maurice de Nassau and Johan van Oldenbarnevelt.
- October: The emperor Rodolphe II is reached crises of depression (1600 - 1606).
- Sidoine de Lobkowitz, chief of the Spanish party, becomes chancellor of empire.
- Charles of Liechtenstein, large Master of the court, becomes president of the private council.
- Edict against the Protestants in Germany.
- the Protestants are driven out of Styrie.
- the Diet of Empire and the emperor intervene with Cologne to prevent the secularization of the benefit.
- Embassy Persian with Vienna led by the Sherley English.
- February 27th: Treaty of Paris with Charles-Emmanuel Ier of Savoy.
- Edict on the fact of the size S.
- Arrest of Fontenelle on the island Bréhat on order of the Parliament of Brittany. It will be amnestied by the king (July 1601).
- August 11th: The France declares the war with the Savoy.
- August 23rd: The edict of Nantes is recorded by the Parliaments of Rennes and Aix-en-Provence.
- October 5th: Marriage by procuration of Henri IV of France with Marie de Médicis with Florence. The king approaches the pope thus. Its mistress Henriette d' Entragues (1583 - 1633) which wanted to be made marry, will launch out in a conspiracy which will fail (1604).
- Conference of Fontainebleau: discusses between the bishop of Évreux Jacques Of the Perron, converted calvinist and the Protestant Philippe Duplessis-Mornay.
- December 17th: Marriage of Henri IV of France and Marie de Médicis.
Art & culture
- September 18th: New statutes of the University of Paris.
- Thomas Bodley institutes a library with Oxford, Bodleiana.
- Ode with Marie de Médicis, poem of Malherbe.
- posthumous Publication of the twelve Prophetiae Sibyllarum (Prophecies of the Sibyls, 1560) of Roland de Lassus.
- Marie de Médicis makes come to Paris the troop from Arlequin (Tristan Martinelli) and from the octogenarian Petrolino.
- the Night of the kings , comedy of Shakespeare (played in 1601).
- There are eight theaters with London about 1600 (17 in 1630).
- Birth of the opera and the Oratorio in Italy:
- the period Baroque in art and Architecture starts in Italy at that time.
- the architect Inigo Jones makes a stay in Italy which will have important effects on the English Architecture.
- the Fortification reduced in art and shown of Jean Errard.
Science & technology
- February 4th: First meeting between Tycho Brahé and Johannes Kepler with the castle of Benatek. Kepler becomes assisting of the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahé in his observatory located around Prague.
Apollonius Gallus of Viète.
- William Gilbert publishes his “ Traité on magnetism ”.
- Theater of Agriculture and mesnage of the fields , of Olivier de Serres.
- Œconomia ruralis and domestica , treated agronomy published by Sticking in Germany.
- Ornithologiae tomus alter , of Ulisse Aldrovandi.
Births in 1600
- January 28th: Clement IX, Italian pope
- November 19th: Charles Ier of England, king of England.
- Claude Lorrain, painter French.
Death in 1600
- November 6th: Mitsunari Ishida, feudal lord Japan board.
- May 4th: Jean Nicot, diplomat and writer French (° 1530).
- September 26th: Claude the Young person, French musician (born in 1530), author of polyphonic songs
- October 12th: Shine Molina, Spanish Jésuite (1535-1600), author of the Agreement of the free will with the gift of the grace, the divine prescience, providence, predestination and reprobation (1588).
- Bâkî, Turkish poet (born in 1526).
Be-X-old: 1600 Map-bms: 1600 Simple: 1600
|Random links:||Mycenes | Moundou | Lactary | Saugon | Lumensonesque|