This page relates to the year 1580 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the war between Portuguese and indigenous kingdoms in Angola (fine in 1625).
- Beginning of the reign of Idris Alouma, largest of the kings of Kanem-Bornou, close to the Lake Chad (fine in 1617).
- June 11th: Recasting of Buenos Aires by Juan de Garay and colonists of the Paraguay ( adelantados , with the research of the Eldorado).
- June 26th: Foundation of Chillán, with the Chile.
- Foundation of the Western Florida (current Alabama) and of Eastern Florida (current Florida) by the Spaniards.
- has Ternate, Francis Drake offers its protection to a revolted sultan against the Portuguese. He brings back important cargoes. He thus creates the first English establishment of overseas.
- Epidemics in China.
- Creation of one évêché with Macao. The father Ruggeri Jesuit organizes the mission of Macao.
- Japan: Capitulation of the last large Buddhist monastery of Osaka. Oda Nobunaga puts a term at the military power several secular times of the monks by shaving the monasteries of the Mont Hiei and places in supervision the monks of the Honganji. He becomes the Master of all Japan of the Center.
- Hideyoshi begins the Taikô kenchi and the freezing of the classes.
The close East
- Occupation of the Lorestan by the Othoman .
- January 31st: End of the Dynasty of Aviz with died of Henri Ier of Portugal.
- August 25th: Battle of Alcantara.
- the king Philippe II of Spain inherits the crown of the Portugal, and invades the Portugal to join together it with the Spain. This event marks until in 1640, one period of union of the two kingdoms.
- Portugal is annexed by the pile cluster for the account of Philippe II of Spain in spite of the claims of gift Antonio, prior of Crato, wire bastard of infant Louis and the duchess Catherine de Bragance (death in 1595). Philippe II enters to Lisbon in December. He remains until in 1583 there.
- August 30th: Charles Emmanuel Ier Large the (1562 - 1630) becomes duke of Savoy.
- Taken again hostilities: Seventh war of religion (fire of straw).
- 26 - May 31st: Seat and catch of Cahors by Henri de Navarre, future Henri IV.
- Flood of the the Rhone to Avignon (August 26th) and to Arles.
- July - September: Fère is taken again by the royal troops of Matignon (cf 1579).
- September 19th: Treaty of Plessis-the-Turns between Mister and the Netherlands.
- November 26th: Peace of Fleix, negotiated by François-Hercules, brother of the king, who confirms the concessions of Nérac. The fifteen places of safety are preserved for six years.
- the royal authority is reduced vis-a-vis the governors: Henri de Navarre, king in Navarre, lord in Rouergue and Quercy, is governor of Guyenne. Condé is governor in Picardy. The Guise control the Brittany (Mercœur), the Burgundy (Mayenne), the Champagne (Guise), the Normandy (Elbeuf) and the Picardy, in competition with Condé (Aumale). In Provence, the two lieutenants of the king animate each one a party: the count of Suze (razats, huguenots and anti-seigneuriaux) and the count of Carcès (carsists, catholics and seigneuriaux). In Languedoc, the governor Henri de Montmorency-Damville is catholic policy, combined to the Protestants and control Low-Languedoc. Merry, royal catholic, controls High-Languedoc. Luynes, chief of the royal troops, holds Pont-Saint-Esprit, key of Languedoc. The Protestants indicated Châtillon as military chief in Languedoc.
- Brisson becomes President with mortar Parlement of Paris.
June 25th: Publication of the Book of Harmony of Jacques Andrae, which equips the evangelic Church with the fundamental documents of its dogma.
- the pope recognizes the rule of the déchaux Carmes reformed by Jean of the Cross.
- the foundations of convents multiply in Italy (1580 - 1650).
- Jean of the Cross completes the drafting of the obscure Nuit . Its spiritual Canticle is one of the masterpieces of the Spanish literature.
- No5el Journet is condemned to roughing-hew for atheism with Metz.
- Robert Browne, Minister for the Church Anglican, brings together her disciples (brownists). They refuse any communication with the Church Anglican as long as it will not be reformed. They disperse after 1593.
- Installation of the Jésuite S with Paris in a Maison Professes Jesuits, in the district of the Marais.
- Arrived of the Jesuits Robert Persons and Edmond Campion to Great Britain. In 1581, the Campion father is stopped, tortured and carried out with Tyburn. The Persons father must flee and organize the mission on the continent.
- In Hungary, the primacy Nicolas Olah makes publish the decrees of the Concile of Thirty. It installs the Jésuites in a kingdom where, apart from the Croatia, there are no more catholics, even if Catholicism remains the only religion of State.
- Vital Haïm, disciple of Itzhak Louria, proclaims Messie with Safed (Galileo). He preaches with Jerusalem, with the Cairo, Safed. He is one of the rare cabalists of the 16th century to write a work of explanation, Ets Haïm , “the Tree of Life”. he dies in Damas in 1620 in a half-lapse of memory.
Arts & culture
- February 17th: End of the drafting of veracious History of the Conquest of the News Spain by Bernal Díaz del Castillo.
- June 13rd: Foundation of the university of Santo Tomás to Bogotá, in Colombia.
- June 22nd: Michel de Montaigne share on a journey in Italy, partly for health reasons: it must go in towns of water to look after itself.
- the poet Edmund Spenser is named secretary near Arthur Grey, governor of the Ireland.
- Michel de Montaigne publishes his Essais .
- Catholicon , first Breton dictionary - Latin - French published with Tréguier.
- Jerusalem delivered , heroic poem of the Cup, which evokes the First crusade.
- Holopherne , tragedy of Adrien d' Amboise.
- Démonomanie of the wizards (1580, in French), of Jean Bodin, which supports the existence of the Sorciers.
Christ with the garden of the Olive-trees , fabric of Véronèse.
- With Vicence, Palladio builds the Olympic Theater.
Sciences & technology
- Bernard Palissy writes his admirable Discours on the enamels.
- FRA Paolo Sarpi would have discovered the blood circulation.
- the mathematician Viète invents the algebraic notation.
Economy & company
- the civil Mariage without priest is authorized in Holland.
- Campaign persecution against the witches in all the Europe of the West.
- the arrival of new Europeans in Indonesia raises the price of the spices, which seems to have triplet since the arrival of the Portuguese.
- the annexation of the Portugal by the Spain (1580) makes difficult to the tradesmen Netherlands, independent in 1581, to supply itself out of spices with Lisbon to redistribute them in Europe. They seek of new way to arrive at the Eastern Indies, but fail and will have to use the road opened by the Portuguese.
- 130 tons of money equivalent are sent of America towards the Spain.
- Introduction of the Potato in Ireland, come from the Chile.
- Capitulations (commercial treaty) of Venice with the Othoman .
- fatal Epizooty in Italy ( badly LED montone or of the castrone ).
Births in 1580
Death in 1580
- June 10th: Luís de Camões, Portuguese poet, with Lisbon.
- August 19th: Andrea di Pietro della Gondola , known as Palladio, Italian architect, with Vicence.
Be-X-old: 1580 Map-bms: 1580 Simple: 1580
|Random links:||Vervant (Charente-Maritime) | Naultinus grayii | Landgraaf | Theater of Montparnasse Pocket | Season 2003-2004 of the FC Atlantic Nantes | Emsworth|