This page relates to the year 1575 Calendrier Julien.
the Indian leader Hiawatha founds the league Iroquois E (approximate date).
- February 20th: Arrival of Paulo Dias de Novais in Angola. Portuguese founds Luanda, in Angola, to feed as slaves the plantations of the Brésil.
- June 28th: The Bataille of Nagashino sees the defeat of Katsuyori Takeda with the Japan. Toyotomi Hideyoshi, lieutenant of Oda Nobunaga, gains a victory determining over the clan of Takeda with Nagashino, which announces the reunification of Japan.
- has Nagashino, Nobunaga uses for the first time the firearms in a great Japanese battle.
- Portuguese is driven out of Ternate by the local Moslem princes.
- Plague in Europe: 50 000 victims, is the quarter or one the third of the population, with Venice (fine in 1577). 40 000 victims considered at Metz-native (fine in 1578).
- Famine in Romania and Russia.
- Mars: Exile of the Irish rebel Fitzmaurice with Saint-Malo then in Spain.
- June 22nd: Jacques-Christophe Blarer de Wartensee is elected Prince-bishop Basle.
- September 1st: The crown of Spain is in suspension of payment. The financial ones of the peninsula (whose Simon Ruiz de Médina del Campo) protest against the prevalence of financial German (Fugger, Welser) and génois (Centurione, Spinola, Grimaldi). But they do not manage to face the needs for monarchy and the génois are recalled in 1577.
- October: A hundred ships and twelve galères are thrown to the coast by the storm in front of Constantinople.
- October 27th: Rodolphe II becomes King of the Romans (fine in).
- December 15th: Etienne Bathory is elected king of Poland.
- Antoine Perrenot, lord of Granvelle (1517 - 1586), becomes the main thing adviser of Philippe II of Spain.
- Frederic II of Denmark recovers the committed island of Bornholm to the Lübeck ois in 1525.
- has Genoa, the popular pressure obliges the Senate to integrate in the nobility 300 new citizens and to abolish gabelle salt. The nobili vecchi , dissatisfied, leave the city and Gian Andrea Doria must require the mediation of the Spaniards. The government is then entrusted at two assemblies, the Large Council of 400 members and the Small Council of 100 members, named by a reduced electorate, like in Sérénissimes Collèges, composed senators of procurateurs and former doges who have the effective authority. This constitution is maintained until the French revolution.
- January: Agreement between Protestants and policies under the influence of Damville. François d' Alençon, brother of the king, flees of the court and takes the head of the party of the policies.
- February 13rd: crown Henri III.
- February 15th: Marriage, in the cathedral of Rheims of the king de France Henri III with Louise de Vaudémont, Lorraine princess.
- September - November: Fifth war of religion.
- October 10th: Battle of Dormans. Henri Ier de Guise, victorious on the Germanic reîtres, receives a gash.
- November 21st: Truce of Champigny-on-Veude, then armistice.
- Pomponne de Bellièvre becomes superintendent of finances.
- has Paris, “emotion popular” against the increase in the import duty on the wine (from 5 to 20 grounds).
- Famine in Russia.
- Episode of the false Siméon tsar: Siméon Bekboulatovitch, tatar of Kazan, is proclaimed “tsar of all Russia” and installed with the the Kremlin, while Ivan IV, renonçant with its titles, is made call Ivan of Moscow. The comedy lasts one year.
Ivan IV refuses to stand as a candidate to the vacant throne of Poland and prefers to negotiate with the emperor Maximilien II a division of the Poland.
- India: Akbar founds a “house of Worship” to Fathpûr-sîkrî, its capital, opened with all the religions.
- the Protestants of Bohemia link themselves to propose a resolution in 25 articles granting a complete freedom of religion to the utraquists, to the Lutherans and to the unit of the brothers. The States of Bohemia approve the Confession Bohemia which carries out in fact a fusion between the utraquism and the Protestantisme. Maximilien II of the Holy roman Empire accepts it, but Rodolphe refuses it. The emperor grants only one oral insurance according to which the not-catholics would not be worried in the exercise of their worship (August 25th).
- Edmund Grindal becomes archbishop of Canterbury (fine in 1583).
Art & culture
- Publication of the Awakes morning of the French , lampoon huguenot proposer to moderate royal heredity by the opinion of the voters. It speaks in praise of the Albigensian heresy and denounces the voluntary constraint of the populations.
- Jerusalem delivered , epopee on the First crusade of the Cup.
Federigo Zuccaro paints portraits of Elisabeth Ire of England and the queen Mary of Scotland.
- Triumph of Venice , fabric of Véronèse (1575 - 1577).
Jubilee with Rome. Gregoire XIII carries out a rectilinear way connecting Holy-Marie-Major to the Lateran, improves the connections between Midsummer's Day of Lateran and Saint-Sebastien, Midsummer's Day of Lateran and the road of the Albains mounts.
- Construction of the palate and the gardens of Aranjuez.
Science & technology
- Maurolycus discovers the causes of the Myopie and the Presbytie in the constitution of the eye.
- the workshop of printing works of Plantin to Antwerp contains 16 presses and brings together 80 workmen.
Economy & company
- the Hungary is the first country to prohibit the Travail of the children in the mines.
- the Nordeste, with the Brazil, becomes the largest producer of Sucre in the world.
- Beginning of the agricultural recession in Spain (1575 - 1670): rigorous climatic conditions, flights of grasshoppers, law of the decreasing outputs…
- France: The various parties (Members of a league, policies, Protestants) control the Mints and mint of balk of low value, the pinatelles ones. The increase in the money supply is factor of inflation.
- Trade agreement between the Savoy and the Netherlands: reduction by half of all the rights on the exchanged goods and the transit goods.
- Reopening of the the Mediterranean to the English sailors.
- 25 000 quintals of spice Eastern arrive annually at Lisbon of 1575 at 1595.
- Tax on the wine in Bohemia.
Births in 1575
- February 4th: Pierre de Bérulle, religious French, Catholic theologist , cardinal, founder of the Oratoriens. († October 2nd 1629).
- November 4th: Guido Reni, painter and Italian decorator with Calvenzano.
- November 7th: Jacques Hennequin, French theologist, professor of Theology to the Sorbonne. († August 31st 1661).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Jacob Boehme, German theosophist.
Death in 1575
- March 11th: Mathias Flach Francowitz, known as Flacius It (born in 1520), theologist Lutheran trained with Wittenberg, hostile with any conciliation with Rome.
- John Heywood, poet and playwright English (London, v. 1497 - Malignant, Belgium, v. 1575/1580).
- Pieter Aertsen, known as Lange Pier , or Pierre Length , Flemish painter with Amsterdam (born in 1508).
- François de Béthune, father of Sully, with the end of the year. Its young person wire gives himself to Henri de Navarre as of 1576.
Be-X-old: 1575 Map-bms: 1575
|Random links:||Ajmer-Merwara | The Spectrum of the Past | Yann Dedet | Simon de Joinville | Season 2004-2005 of the Olympic Lyonese | Bielorussia with the Eurovision contest of the song 2007 | Esbat|