This page relates to the year 1569 Calendrier Julien.
- February 7th: The Inquisition is established in the New World.
- October: The pasha of Algiers Euldj Ali drives out Tunis the hafside Moulay Hamida which was assembled on the throne after having made plug his/her father Moulay Hassan.
- Sonam Gyatso, the third Dalaï Lama, goes to Mongolia to the invitation of Altan Khan.
- the king Bayinnaung of Burma seizes Ayutthaya. The Royaume of Ayutthaya becomes a vassal state of the Dynastie Taungû; it will remain it until in 1584.
The Middle East
- July: The Turks unload with Cyprus.
- April 19th - April 23rd: A strong gale in the Gulf of Lions disperses the 25 galères Large Commander of Castille, on the way towards Grenade. Some galères are rejected on the coasts of Sardinia, Sicily and Pantelleria.
- July 1st: The Lithuania and the Poland are joined together by the perpetual Union of Lublin which creates the Polish republic (Federation of the Polish kingdom and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania). Poland annexes the Ukraine Right Bank of the Dniepr belonging previously to the Grand-Duché of Lithuania. The country is colonized systematically by the Poles.
- the State created by the union of Lublin extends on 815 000 km ² and have a population of 7,6 million inhabitants.
- the country is a federation of small autonomous units (“democracy peerage-book”), but it exists only one diet and a single eligible king for the two territories. A common diet is setting-up with a senate of 100 members and a House of Commons of 150 members sent by the regional assemblies (diétines). Warsaw becomes the seat of the diet.
- November: Revolt counties of the north of the England ( Rising off the North , 1569 - 1570): Battles of Barnard Castle, Hexham and Naworth Castle. Marie Stuart benefits from the revolt to take part in a plot to seize the throne England.
- Pie V grants the title of large duke of Tuscany the Médicis.
- Emmanuel-Philibert of Savoy cease to convene the General states in Bresse. Only those of the Val of Aoste remain in activity in its States.
- Albert V of Bavaria imposes on its subjects the catholic profession of faith worked out by the Concile of Thirty and orders the expulsion of refractories.
- Plague with Lisbon.
- December 1568: The the Rhone freezes. Freezing of olive-trees in Languedoc.
- January: Guillaume de Nassau, chief of the Gueux of the Netherlands, directs its army on La Rochelle. It is stopped, beaten and forced with the escape. It returns in Germany, without its troops and money.
- March 13rd: Battle of Jarnac between the royal army and the Huguenot S French led by Cop which is assassinated at the end of the battle, undoubtedly to the instigation of the duke of Anjou. Its corpse is walked to back of she-ass by the royal ones and is exposed on a table during two days to the castle of Jarnac.
- June 25th: Coligny beats the catholics with the Bataille of the Rock-the Bee.
- August 2nd: The town of Saint-Gaudens, (Haute-Garonne), is taken and plundered by the Huguenots carried out by the count de Montgomery.
- September 7th: Failure of the seat of Poitiers by the Protestants of Coligny.
- October 3rd: Battle of Montcontour. Victoire of Henri of Anjou, future Henri III on the Protestant army of Gaspard de Coligny. This last joins together the Protestant troops and devastates the Guyenne and the Languedoc (1569 - 1570).
- the pope Pie V engages its money and its troops against the Protestants in France.
- Strike of the companions of the Lyons printers.
Central Europe & Balkans
- the Hungarian serf Georges Karácsony proclaims the “holy war” against the Turks and any capacity oppressor.
- the prince of Transylvania Jean-Sigismond Zapolyai converts with Protestantism under the influence of its Italian doctor George Blandrata which is recognized like Antitrinitaire; the bishop Ferenc David of Karlsburg follows it in this faith and the Diet proclaims it in 1571 the fourth of the confessions recognized under the name of unitarianism.
- January 9th: Ivan IV makes strangle the métropolite Philippe.
- December: The tsar sends special troops ( opritchnicki ) against Tver and Novgorod, suspected of treason. These cities are subjected to military sedition.
- Intervention of the Othoman against the Cossacks of the Gift.
- Pushed by the Poland, an army turco-tatare threat Astrakhan (1569 - 1570). It is rejected by Russian resistance.
- the Turks do not manage to reopen the silk route by the Low-Volga: they had the project to dig a channel of the Don to the the Volga to supply, by the Caspienne, their troops engaged against the Perse.
Art & culture
- Adonis tragedy of Guillaume-Gabriel Breton the, is created at the court of Charles IX
- the Missel resulting from the Concile of Thirty is printed by Paul Manuce.
- Martyrdom of SAINT LAURENT , table of Bronzino.
- India: Hamina Banu Begum, widow of Humayun makes him build a red mausoleum in likings by a Persan architect.
the architect Palladio completes Capra the villa, known as Rotonda, close to Vicence.
Science & technology
- the Flemish geographer Gerardus Mercator (Gerhard Kramer) produced the first chart with the projection which bears its name; it publishes also the first section of sound Atlas .
Births in 1569
- September 9th: Jahângîr, wire of Akbar, future emperor moghol of the Indies.
- Pierre-Olivier Malherbe with Glazed (Ille-et-Vilaine), first traveller to have carried out the round the world tour by terrestrial way.
Death in 1569
- March 13rd: Louis Ier de Bourbon-Cop, French prince, with the Battle of Jarnac.
- May 4th: François d' Andelot, huguenot war leader.
- May 10th: Juan de Ávila, apostle of the Andalusia (born in 1500).
- June 11th: Wolfgang of Bavaria, duke of the Double-deckers.
- September 9th: Pieter Bruegel Old the, Flemish painter.
Be-X-old: 1569 Map-bms: 1569 Simple: 1569
|Random links:||Laurino | Alphonse-Télesphore Lépine | Championships of Europe of swimming | Daniel Erlandsson | Mustapha Ely | Fugue|