This page relates to the year 1568 Calendrier Julien.
- Peru: the INCA Titu Kusi agrees to be baptized Christian.
- Mars: Euldj Ali becomes beylerbey of Algiers (fine in 1587). Hassan Pasha gives up the command of Algiers to Euldj Ali because it is named capitan pasha (admiral as a chief) with Istanbul (1567).
- the people cannibal Jaga invades the Congo and plunders the San Salvador capital. The Manicongo Alvare Ier calls upon Portugal, which in 1571, sends its governor of Sao Tome to push back the invasion.
Asia & Indian world
- Massacre of Chittor in India: The troops of the emperor moghol Akbar carry out 30 000 soldiers Râjputs made captive.
- Beginning of the Period Azuchi-Momoyama (fine in 1600)
- Advent with the capacity of Oda Nobunaga, Daimyô of the area of Nagoya, which the capital Kyôto and the seizure of the soldiers on the government under the pretext that proclaims seizes should be protected the emperor Ōgimachi and the Shogun Yoshiaki Ashikaga that it has just installed on the throne.
- Oda Nobunaga is the first Daimyô to include/understand the interest of the mousquets with wick used in military formation to cover the infantry and the cavalry.
Oceania & the Pacific
- January 15th: The Spanish navigator Álvaro de Mendaña discovers the Tuvalu.
- : Álvaro de Mendaña discovers the archipelago of the the Solomon Islands.
- May 23rd: Victoire of revolted Dutch with the Battle of Heiligerlee. With the Netherlands, starts Guerre Eighty Year old .
- June 1st: Louis de Nassau delivers letters of mark to crews to enable them to attack the Spanish vessels legally. Guillaume of the Mark brings together the corsairs (Gueux of sea), recognized by the Silent one.
- June 5th: execution by the pile cluster of the counts of Hoorne and Egmond, combined Guillaume Silent the, for their too great tolerance.
- July 24th: Suspect death of infant Gift Carlos of Spain after six months of imprisonment.
- July 21st: Spanish victory of the pile cluster to the Battle of Jemmingen over Louis de Nassau.
- September 29th: Beginning of the reign of Jean III Vasa, king of Sweden (fine in 1592).
- Erik XIV of Sweden, made unpopular by its marriage with a country-woman, her favorite and its assassinations, is deposited by the nobility in favor of his/her Jean brother, with the assistance of their Charles younger brother. He will be killed in prison in 1577. Called by Riksdag, Jean III must lend oath to preserve the privileges and the franknesses from the country. He must face difficult problems: war with the Russia in Livonie, mistrust of the aristocracy and emotion raised against the questioning of the Lutheranism like religion of State (1576).
- October 5th: Guillaume Silent the invades the Netherlands of the south.
- October 20th: The offensive of Guillaume Silent the is broken by the Spanish forces with Jodoigne.
- December 25th: Revolt Morisque S with Grenade: in the night of the 24 to the December 25th, the converted Moslems, exceeded by the continuations, plunder the churches, cut down the crosses and profane the hosts. Hearths of resistance are organized in the mountains. They will be crushed by Don Juan of Austria in January 1570. Several tens of thousands of morisques will be off-set towards the Castille to prevent that they do not support a Turkish unloading on the coasts.
- the emperor Maximilien II grants to the noble followers Confession of Augsburg a legal statute (freedom of the private worship). The cities and the boroughs are excluded from it.
- May 2nd: The queen of Scotland escapes from Loch Leven Castle and takes part in a plot assembled by Lord Hamilton.
- May 13rd: The army of Marie Stuart is crushed by Murray with Langside. Marie must take refuge in England, where it spends eighteen years in prison. The catholic party gathers behind it against Elisabeth Ire, and several attempts are made to put it on the throne of England (Norfolk, Badington).
- Elisabeth Ire of England breaks alliance with Philippe II of Spain while letting intercept by its corsairs five vessels charged with noble metals intended for the payment of the pay of the troops of the pile cluster to the Netherlands.
- Revolt of the catholic counties of the north of the England, supported by the Spain (1569 - 1570).
- March 23rd: Signature, after the victory gained with Calais by the duke of Own way over the English, of the Peace of Longjumeau, which restores the Édit of Pacification of Amboise (of the March 19th 1563).
- May 27th: Catherine de Médicis gives up the policy of conciliation and draws aside Michel of Hospital.
- August 23rd: Beginning of the Third war of religion (end in August 1570).
- August: Cop, Gaspard de Coligny and Andelot leaves their castles of Burgundy because they fear the governor ultra-catholic of the province, Tavannes, and are folded up with La Rochelle with their faithful.
- September 12th: The pope Pie V calls with the crusade against the heretics. The bubble is recorded with the Parlement of Toulouse.
- November: Jeanne d' Albret and Henri de Navarre joins the Protestant chiefs with La Rochelle.
the political are a current median where mix catholic and Protestant. They endeavor to disjoin the solution of the religious problems and that of the political problems. They think, like Cassander, which it is essential points in religion and secondary points. It is a question of determining the essential points on which everyone agrees. In policy, it is a question of maintaining before all the cohesion of the State.
Central Europe & Balkans
- 6 - January 13rd: The compromise of Torda in Transylvania admits four religions: Catholicism, Confession of Augsburg, Swiss confession (reformed Church) and unitarian.
- February 17th: Peace of Turkey-red cotton between the Ottoman Empire and Maximilien II of Austria. Status quo territorial: the Hungary is divided between the emperor, the Othoman Transylvania and the . The emperor continues to pay an annual tribute of 30 000 guilders, recognizes the independence of the Transylvania and admits a frontier zone in Hungary. The treaty is renewed in 1575, 1584 and 1590.
- the Habsbourg create in Hungary a “military border” made up of a series of fortified towns, being added to the strengthened castles of the Palffy and the Rakóczi, of the Adriatic Sea with the mounts of Slovakia. Opposite, the Othomans build lighter fortifications. The border is stabilized for one century.
June 14th: Alexandre Mircea (1529 - 1577), descendant of Vlad Dracula is named prince de Valachie thanks to supports of the vizier Mehmed Sokolli (fine in 1577). It makes massacre as of its accession with the throne more than two hundred boyards compromised at the time of the reigns of its predecessors ( August - September).
- July: The Tartar Nogaïs plunder the boats which transport goods on the the Volga.
- November: Lawsuit of the métropolite Philippe (Kolytchev) which had protested against the Opritchnina and had refused to bless the tsar.
- Foundation by Holy Therese d' Avila and Jean of the Cross of the first convent of exposed Carmelite friars with Durvelo (Spain).
- the bishop of Milan, saint Charles Borromée, called upon the Ursulines (created in 1535), but modifies their institutions in their giving a rule, in their making pronounce wishes, the their imposing common life and subjecting them to the episcopal authority. Only the Ursulines of Brescia preserve the constitutions of Angèle de Merici.
- Pie V orders to publish the bubble In Cœna Domini in all the Church, the Maundy Thursday. It envisages the excommunication of all those which call with the council and which encroach on the ecclesiastical jurisdiction. Applying to the letter, the pope excommunicates Elisabeth Ire of England.
- the pope Pie V establishes commissions which are at the origin of the Congrégation of Propaganda. It is a question of coordinating under the aegis of the Holy See, the action of the catholic missions in the world.
- Pasteur David Chytraeus, of Rostock (Mecklembourg) writes a “ecclesiastical ordinance” ( Kirchenordnung ) common to all the Churches Lutherans of Low-Austria, revised by the emperor.
Arts & cultures
- the coffees multiply with Venice.
- Okuni, priestess who occurred with Kyôto with all her troop, only made up of dancers, creates the Kabuki, popular kind of the Japanese theater.
- Verdadera Historia of Conquista of Nueva-España , Bernal Díaz del Castillo, published with Madrid in 1632.
- the Bréviaire resulting from the Concile of Thirty is printed by Paul Manuce.
- Porcie , tragedy of Robert Garnier.
Sciences & technology
- Venetian the Daniel Barbaro develops a darkroom provided with a diaphragm and a lens.
- Response of Jean Bodin to the paradox of Mr. de Malestroit.
Economy & company
- 2,65 million Indians to the Mexico.
- the queen Elisabeth Ire of England grants letters of mark to the corsair John Hawkins who passes for the inventor of the triangular Commerce between London, the Africa (slaves) and the colonies Spanish (sugar, rum, tobacco).
Births in 1568
Death in 1568
- July 24th: Gift Carlos of Spain, wire of Philippe II of Spain and Marie of Portugal, whereas his/her father trailed it in front of the courts.
- Gave Gracia Nasi (or Béatrice de Luna , according to the name adopted as an alleged catholic) to Istanbul - legendary woman of the Rebirth, which managed an immense family fortune and lent money to the kings, while coming to assistance with the Juif S persecuted through Europe. Born 1510 with Lisbon from a family maranne the noble ones, of Aragonese origin, which had fled Spain at the beginning of the Inquisition. Married with Francisco Mendes, which had one of most important banks of the world, the " Mendes" house;. It patron of the editors Séfarade S of Istanbul, district of Haskoÿ, and the Italian cities.
Be-X-old: 1568 Map-bms: 1568 Simple: 1568
|Random links:||Arrowsmith | Hizb Al-Ghad | Zanpakuto | Thomas Sangster | Etienne de Silhouette | État_de_fugue|