This page relates to the year 1565 Calendrier Julien.
- March 1st: Brazil: Foundation of Rio de Janeiro by the Portuguese.
- the Portuguese succeed in expelling all the French of bay of Rio. It is the end of the colony of “ France the Antarctic ” founded in January 1555.
- May 31st: Argentinian foundation of San Miguel de Tucumán in .
- August 28th: Foundation of the colony of St Augustine in Florida, first Spanish colony in the north of the Mexico.
- September 20th: The Spanish massacre the colonists Huguenots French in Port-Royal, in Florida.
- April 27th: Foundation of San Miguel (Cebu), first Spanish establishment with the Filipino .
- the Spaniards Legespi and Urdaneta find a road of return of the Filipino to the Mexico by the Pacifique. The galleon of Manila connects every year Acapulco to the archipelago.
- June 17th, Japan: Yoshiteru Ashikaga, the last of the Shoguns Ashikaga, is assassinated.
- January 26th: Plundering and destruction of the Empire of Vijayanagar by the troops allied of the Moslem sultans of Dekkan. Ramarâya, wire of one of the ministers of Krishna Deva Striped, had seized the capacity. The sultans form a coalition with Talikota. Ramarâya is overcome and decapitated hand of the sultan of Ahmadnâgar. The capital Vijayanagar is plundered during three days (Venetian Cesare Federici, which visits the city in 1568, sees only one haunt of robbers there invaded by the jungle). Akbar extends the Empire moghol until the Deccan.
- Akbar makes build the “Fort Red” with Âgrâ.
- After the fall of the kingdom of Vijayanagar, the Portuguese discuss new the littoral of the Karnataka.
- April 5th: Compromise of the noble ones. Petition directed against the Enquiry for the respect of freedoms of the provinces of the Netherlands, written by the Gueux.
- April, Russia: Ivan IV inaugurates the Opritchnina , which divides the country into two parts: one depending directly on the tsar is managed by the oprichniki and the other, the zemchtchina , by the representatives of the old mode (boyards). These reforms cause new repressions (3500 boyards are carried out) and involve a social and political serious attack until in 1613.
- May 8th: Unloading of the Turks with Malta.
- May 18th - September 7th: Head office of Malta. The Othomans must re-embark in October in front of the resistance of the fortresses of the knights of Midsummer's Day of Jerusalem directed by the large Master Jean Parisot of Valette and the helps of the Spaniards.
- July 29th: Marie Stuart, queen of Scotland, wife Lord Darnley, catholic, which alienates the Protestant chiefs to him.
- 17 and October 20th: Letters of Segovia, signed by Philippe II of Spain. The king refuses to widen the prerogatives of the Council of State to the Spanish Netherlands. He there names the chief as of his partisans, the duke of Aerschot, prohibited any meeting of the general states and maintains the legislation against the heretics.
- Tap-hole (Genoa) and Naxos (Venice) falls to the hands from Turkish.
- Jan Zamoyski (1541-1605) becomes secretary of Sigismond II of Poland.
- the interior Austria (Styrie, Carniole, Carinthie, county of Gorizia and Trieste) becomes a prerogative of wire of the emperor (1565 - 1618).
- Elisabeth Ire of England wants to impose the institutions of the Church Anglican in Ireland, which causes a catholic insurrection directed by James Fitzmaurice. For lack of supports (the pope and Spain abstain from any intervention, the rebellion dies out.
- New wave of immigration of new Portuguese Christians towards Antwerp, reinforced by the fastening of Portugal to the Spain in 1580. Number of them turn over openly to the Judaism.
- Winter 1564 -1565 very hard in the South of the France. The the Rhone freezes close to Arles (December/January). Freezing of olive-trees in Languedoc.
- Mars: The Sorbonne brings a lawsuit with the Society of Jesus. The Parlement of Paris refuses to take party and the Jesuits are tolerated in France.
- June 14th: Interview of Bayonne. Charles IX of France meets his/her sister, Elisabeth de Valois, wife of Philippe II of Spain, accompanied by the pile cluster with Bayonne. All two advise firmness to him.
- September 14th: The Court is with La Rochelle.
- September 23rd: Michel de Montaigne wife Francoise of Chassaigne, the girl of an adviser at the Parliament.
- October 3rd: Arthus of With a grid-Brézé, lord of Brézé, accommodates in its Château of Brézé, which it has just made rebuild in Renaissance style, the king Charles IX and Catherine de Médicis.
Arts and Cultures
- the Jesuits are called in Poland to organize teaching, to send missions, to preach and fight the reformed ideas. Foundation of the college of Braunsberg.
- the poet the Cup enters to the service of the cardinal of Este to Ferrare and very becomes then a member for the court of the duke Alphonse II, brother of the cardinal.
- the Sheep-fold , of Remi Belleau.
- Psautier harmonized by Claude Goudimel, musician calvinist.
- Jacques Androuet of the Hoop builds the castle of Verneuil-on-Oise (fine in 1575).
- Pierre Breughel Old the paints a series of five tables entitled the Seasons .
Economy & company
- Introduction of the Potato in Spain (come from the Peru).
- From 15 to 20 companies of Italian merchants operates in Poland.
Births in 1565
Death in 1565
- June 17th: Yoshiteru Ashikaga, Japanese shogun (° March 31st 1536, 29 years)
- September 13rd: Guillaume Farel, theologist, evangelist of French-speaking Switzerland
- October 5th: Ludovico Ferrari, Italian mathematician (° 1522)
- December 13rd: Conrad Gessner, Swiss naturalist (° March 26th 1516, 49 years)
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Be-X-old: 1565 Map-bms: 1565 Simple: 1565
|Random links:||Ablation (medicine) | School of agriculture of Oil cake | Robert Bemer | 1798 in France | AGLH | Foonly|