This page relates to the year 1558 Calendrier Julien.
January 20th - February 5th: Caupolican, chief of the Araucan S, is taken and carried out whereas it tried to take Cañete. The resistance of the autochtones to the Spanish capacity to the Chile continues. Nangoniel will be killed at sixteen years while trying to remove a fort, Quintunguenu will hold head with the Sotomayo captain, and Janequeo, a woman, will hold in failure the Spanish troops.
- India: Akbar appendix Gwalior, Ajmer and Jaunpur (1558 - 1560).
- Maldives : The Portuguese install a counter with Malé.
- January 8th: Catch of Calais, last English possession on the continent, by the French under the control of François Ier, Duke of Own way, after eight days of seat. The Queen of England must make peace.
- January 9th: Geneva becomes a Swiss Canton independent.
- January 21st: François Ier, Duc of Own way seizes Guines then of Ham.
- February: Partial bankruptcy in France: Henri II of France reduces the interest rate of the revenues. Measurement causes panic on the stockmarkets. Bankruptcy of the Great Party of Lyon.
- March 24th: Election of Ferdinand Ier, Germanic Roman Emperor.
- April 24th: the dolphin François (future François II) wife Marie Stuart.
- May, France: Four thousand Huguenot S led by Henri de Navarre sing psalms with the Pre-with-Clerk. They are continued by the king.
- July 13rd: French defeat with the battles of Gravelines vis-a-vis the Spanish of the count d' Egmont.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Meeting of the General states to Pontoise.
- the Rohan and other the noble Breton ones marry the Calvinisme.
- Food shortage with Valence (Spain).
- aulic Creation of the council of Empire.
- the pope Paul IV question the election of Ferdinand de Habsbourg, king of the Romans, as emperor in the name of the prerogative of the Holy See. The chancellor of the Empire, Held, answers him that he does not recognize his authority.
- November 17th: Beginning of the reign of the queen Elisabeth Anger of England (fine in 1603).
- Countryside against France following Spain, balanced by the loss of Calais (January 7th). The queen Marie Tudor becomes very unpopular. She dies the November 17th and leaves the throne to her half-sister, Elisabeth, girl of Anne Boleyn. The England is in war, without money and in prey with the religious disorders. The queen support on the Council deprived to take again the country in hand. It initially preserves a good part of the advisers of Marie Tudor, then separates from the ecclesiastics to make an exclusively laic body of it.
- the Private Council: William Cecil (1520 - 1598), Secretary of State, will become the main thing adviser of Elisabeth. Thomas Gresham, adviser of the queen for the financial questions. Favorite of the queen, it failed to marry it. Nicolas Bacon (1509 - 1579), chancellor of England.
- As of its advent, to get rid of the opponents, the queen replaces between 30 and 50% of the Justice of the Peace (over approximately 1300 in the kingdom).
- to make sure control of the Parliament, the Crown multiplies the creation of new seats to the Communes, of which the number passes from 308 in 1558 to 372 during the transfer of 1601 (222 at the beginning of XVIe century). The cities thus honoured tend to elect candidates favorable to the government.
- January 22nd: Beginning of the War of Livonie (fine in 1583). Catch of Narva and Dorpat (July 18th). Russia reaches the Baltique by the occupation of the Livonie and the Estonia.
- April 4th: Anita and Grigori Stroganov obtains important ground concessions on the Kama and in the west of the the Ural, with for mission of installing colonists there.
- the Polish prince Wisniowiecki, combined Ivan IV, beats the Tatars the Crimea with Azov, while the Russians, ordered by Ardatchev, reach the estuary of the Dniepr.
Art & culture
- Portugal: The Jésuites are seen entrusting the responsibility for the college of the Holy Spirit to Evora, promoted soon with the row of University.
- Antiquities of Rome , Various rustic Plays and the Regrets , sonnets of Joachim of Bellay published in its return of Rome.
- New Recreations and merry estimate , collection of tales of Bonaventure Of Périers.
- the Crowning of Esther , painting of Véronèse.
Economy & company
- Exploitation of the mines of Guanajuato to the Mexico.
- Draining of the ponds close to Narbonne.
- Penetration of the German places by the Italian merchants as from 1558. The balance of the exchanges between Italy and Germany is for the benefit of the South.
- Agreement between the Othoman sultan and Ferdinand de Habsbourg establishing a condominium , i.e. a division of the taxes raised by the agents of the Habsbourg, at least on the border regions of Hungary.
- the Othoman sultan written to the tsar to recommend merchants Turkish to him who Moscow will buy fur skins to . Merchants Greek, Tartar, Wallachian, Armenian, Persian and Turkish attend the city. Soldiers, artillery and corn descend the the Volga. Dried salt and sturgeons go up it.
Address with the king of Spain so that the currencies do not leave the kingdom , of Ortiz.
- Investigation into the fall of the exchange of Thomas Gresham, which takes again the law according to which “the bad currency drives out the good one”.
Births in 1558
April 17th: Roxelane (born Aleksandra Lisowska, famous Karima Haseki-Sultana ), fourth wife (of Polish origin) of the Othoman sultan Soliman the Magnificent the (° 1506).
- September 25th: Charles Quint in Yuste (Castille); term admitted for the Rebirth.
- October 21st: Jules César Scaliger, humanistic and Italian doctor with Agen (born in 1484).
- October: Mellin of Saint-Froze, poet of French court (Angouleme, 1491-Paris, 1558).
- November 17th:
- Marie Tudor, Queen of England.
- Jacob Wimpfeling, theologist and Alsatian philologist (born in 1449).
- Clement Janequin, French musician (born in 1485).
Be-X-old: 1558 Map-bms: 1558 Simple: 1558
|Random links:||Saint-Gaudéric | Optimization for the search engines | Ultima Online: Society man' S Legacy | Union Station (Portland cement) | Havourah | Partage_de_fichiers|