This page relates to the year 1549 Calendrier Julien.
- January: Pedro de Valdivia is of return to the Chile. During its absence, Serena was set fire to by the Promaucas come from the south and Coquimbo revolted. Valdivia punishes the culprits and gives of the order in the colony. Its Ines mistress leaves for the Spain and his wife doña Mariana de Gaète arrives in the colony.
- January 7th: Brazil: Thomé de Sousa is named first General governor of Brazil. It arrives the March 27th. From 1549 with 1553 it organizes a central government starting from the new recently founded city of El Salvador da Bahia. The governor unloads with a thousand of soldiers and colonists, for the majority of the deportees, supported by a squadron of strong war of six buildings. He undertakes a deep reform of the administration and justice.
- March 27th: Arrival of the father Manual da Nobrega with Bahia with six others Jesuits.
- March 29th: Foundation of El Salvador (Bahia), innaugurée on November 1st.
- Abolition of the Encomienda with the Mexico: Formal prohibition of the slavery of the Indians. Development of the Treats Blacks.
- Beginning of the reign of Askia Daoud, king of the Songhaïs (fine in 1582). The last of wire of Mohammed Touré, it remakes the unit of the Empire Songhaï and maintains it vis-a-vis the attacks its neighbors of the South. It increases its territory by occupying part of the the Sahara to the borders of the the Maghreb.
- Morocco: The Saadien Mohammed ech-Sheik seizes Fès. Extremely of its success, it attacks Tlemcen and a Turkish garrison of Mostaganem.
- August 15th: Beginning of the evangelic mission of François Xavier with the Japan (fine in 1551). It unloads with Kagoshima, in the island of Kyushu and obtains many conversions. The Daimyô S converted authorize it to build a church of wood and paper in full heart of Kyôto.
- May: Calvin and Bullinger concludes the Consensus Tigurinus .
- August 8th: The war between the France and the England takes again until in 1559.
- 22 - August 30th: Triumphs of Binche, festivals given in the honor of the future Philippe II, heir to the Netherlands.
- September 8th: Giorgio Martinuzzi negotiates the agreement of Nyirbátor ensuring the crown of Hungary the Habsbourg, while preserving the Transylvania at Jean Sigismond.
- September 17th: The pope puts an end to the first part of the Concile of Thirty.
- November 4th: A Pragmatic Sanction signed by the General states of the Netherlands establishes a single successional right on the unit of the Seventeen Provinces (Spanish Netherlands in 1555).
- Convocation of the first Zemski Sobor (“General states”) in Russia. The tsar denounces the administration of the boyards. He launches the administrative reorganization ( prikazy , directions unified for Finances, the War and Foreign affairs), legal (code of law) and soldier (body of the Streltsy, 50000 arquebusiers forming the guard of tsar) country. The capacity of the voïévodes is limited by elected provincial assemblies. It will be replaced gradually by starostes, elected.
- New failure of the Russia against the Tatars. The Russians, combined with the Tchérémisse S however succeed in founding a city near Kazan, Sviajsk, which divides the khanat in two. Tatars call upon the Lithuania NS to take Moscow reverse.
- Edict ordering the expulsion of the Netherlands of all the new Christians made of the Portugal since five years. The burgomasters of Antwerp resist this measurement vigorously, but their opposition ends up being broken. The edict is renewed the May 30th 1550 and rigorously applied.
- Closing of the Portuguese royal counter of Antwerp.
- January 15th: Acts of Uniformity in England, which prohibit the worship of the images, condemn the doctrines of the Transsubstantiation, limit the number of the sacraments (baptism and communion) and reduce the statute of the clergy. The “ chantries ” are dissolved and the money crockery of the churches are partly confiscated. The Book off Common Prayer of Thomas Cranmer is adopted by the Parliament.
- July 6th: Revolts of Kett (Norwich) following the fence of the communal .
- July 11th: Demolished Robert Kett with the battle of Mousehold Health.
- August 5th: Battle of Sampford Courtenay. Repression of the revolt of the West (Cornouailles, Devon) against the introduction of a Protestant liturgy by Edouard VI (be). It is reduced by the governmental troops (battles of Sampford Courtenay, Exeter and Okehampton).
- December 7th: Robert Kett is carried out.
Arts & Culture
- Of many well-read men and Moslem scientists goes to the court Empire songhaï.
- Of Bellay publishes the Manifeste Pléiade, Défense and illustration of the French language and the Sonnets of the Olive .
- Thesaurus linguae latinae (dictionary) of Robert and Henri Estienne.
- Errors in love , of Pontus de Tyard.
ancient Arcs and Monuments , of Androuet of the Hoop (1549 - 1560).
- Jean Goujon carves the six nymphs of the Fontaine of Innocent the with Paris, work of Pierre Lescot.
Economy & company
- Askia Daoud is in relation to the Morocco, which obtains the authorization to exploit the saltworks of Teghazza.
- Frozen of olive-trees with Vérone.
- Ordinance regulating French coining. The Livre tournaments is issued Unit of Account for the behavior of accountancies.
- Inflation and depreciation of the currency in England.
Births in 1549
Death in 1549
- January 23rd: Johannes Honterus, preacher Hungarian Lutheran (born in 1490). It has converts the town of Kronstadt (Brasov) and introduced printing works into Transylvania (1535).
- November 10th: the Pope Paul III ( Alessandro Farnese ), 220e Pope of the Catholic church. (° February 29th 1468).
- December 21st: Marguerite of Angouleme (born in 1492).
Be-X-old: 1549 Map-bms: 1549
|Random links:||Salernes | Weebl and Bob | 1950 in science | Sleuthhounds | Dashi (China) | Ferrari|