This page relates to the year 1548 Calendrier Julien.
- April 9th: The viceroy of the Peru Pedro of Gasca (1548 - 1552) faces Gonzalo Pizarro with Xaquixaguana. Pizarro, overcome, goes to the quartermaster-sergeant Villavicencio who leads it with Gasca. Francisco de Carvajal and principal lieutenants de Pizarro are captured. Gonzalo Pizarro is decapitated with Cuzco, Carjaval is quartered, nine their partisans are carried out.
- October 20th: Gasca having brought back peace, Alonso de Mendoza founds the city with the reference symbol of La Paz.
- Fine of the conquest of the Isthmus of Panamá by the Spaniards.
- Brazil: the king Jean III of Portugal ( João III ) known as the Piles , decides on a programme of colonization of the new territory. He creates a general Gouvernement of Brazil, based with Bahia, which deals with the capacities conferred previously to the large lords donees , in order to maintain the cohesion of the colonies scattered along the coasts of the new territory.
- Deportation of Marrane S judaïsants penitent Portuguese with the Brazil.
- February 14th - March 23rd, Japan: Shingen Takeda is beaten by Murakami Yoshikiyo with the Bataille of Uedahara.
- May, Japan: Victoire of Shingen Takeda on the Clan Ogasawara with the Battle of Shiojiritoge.
- Bayin-Naung, king of Burma, invades the Siam.
- Taken Tabriz by the Othoman . Transfer of the capital safavide of Tabriz to Qazvin.
- February 25th, Augsburg: Maurice of Saxony, junior who supported Charles Quint, seizes the elder heritage of the branch, whereas his/her cousin Frederic, prisoner of the emperor, loses his rights and his goods (end in 1553).
- May 15th: Charles Quint promulgates the Intérim of Augsburg in waiting of the Counter-Reformation: Catholicism is restored on all the German territory, but Charles concedes with the Lutheran the communion under the two species and the marriage of the priests.
- June 26th: Creation of the Circle of Burgundy and the Seventeen Provinces (Netherlands), autonomous administrative entity, with the Diet of Empire of Augsburg.
- June 30th: Enclose Diète of Empire in Augsburg.
- April 1st: Beginning of the reign of the king Sigismond Auguste (Sigismond II Auguste Jagellon), king de Pologne and large-prince of Lithuania (fine in 1572). It is the last of the Jagellon.
- July 7th: Treaty of marriage enters the France and the Scotland. The project of marriage of Marie Stuart with Edouard VI of England causes the reaction of the France. Marie (6 years) is invited to the court of France to marry there the dolphin Francois, wire of Henri II.
- August 7th: Marie Stuart goes to France.
- September 13rd, Spain: Marie, girl of Charles Quint wife of Maximilien, wire of Ferdinand (fine in 1551). She exerts regency in Spain.
- Ferdinand of Austria creates the royal Court of Appeal of Prague. It deprives Prague and Litomerice their courts of call.
- Philippe de Habsbourg is called by his/her father Charles Quint in Italy where it receives the nomination of the duchy of Milan.
- Cosme de Médicis occupies Piombino (1548 - 1557), independent seigniory whose port is regarded as able to break navigation between the Spain and the Italy.
- Cosme de Médicis makes strengthen Portoferraio, in the isle of Elba, against the barbaresque pirates.
- In August 1548, the cardinal Jean of Bellay, charged with a new embassy with Rome, recalls to it Rabelais (its personal doctor) which will hasten to join it and to make there, with a certain success, Diplomatie for the account of its owner, the Cardinal.
- Be: Revolt of Pitauts: riots of the Gabelle in Guyenne and Angoumois. The government of Anne de Montmorency represses the movement hard, but exempts the provinces of the South-west of the gabelle one.
- October 20th: Marriage of Jeanne d' Albret and Antoine of Bourbon.
- November: Believed of the the Rhone and the the Durance
- Wars against the Tatars (fine in 1556). Failure of a Russian forwarding against Tatars of Kazan.
- Fires of Moscow in April and June. The palates of the tsar and the métropolite, the arsenal and several churches are destroyed. The population allot them to sorcery: a Vampire unearths deaths, tears off their heart and makes use of it to make a drug which propagates the fire. The Glinski, shown, are stopped, then under the popular pressure delivered to crowd. Ivan IV is surrounded then of advised qualified: the métropolite Macaire, its tutor, the Sylvestre priest, the prince Andre Kourbski (1528 - 1583) and the chamberlain Alexis Adachev, all partisans of great reforms train the Council of the tsar.
- Exile of Martin Bucer of Strasbourg following the Interim of Augsburg. It settles in England where it dies in 1551.
- the Anabaptisme is condemned by the diet in Hungary.
- the Brothers of the law of Christ, known as Brothers bohêmes, heirs to the Czech utraquism, are established in Large-Poland. They obtain little success among the szlachta (nobility) because of their social radicalism which makes them denounce the organization of the orders, the seigneuriaux rights, the existence of serfdom. They form a small extremely active minority.
- the antitrinaire S are radical Protestants, come from Italy of North, who penetrate the medium of the queen Bona Sforza. Their chief is alive Italian with Zurich, Laelius Socin, whose nephew Faustus Socin (1539 - 1604) goes in Poland where it founds the movement called the Socinianisme. He recommends a secularization of the religious life and changes drastic in the company, such as the abolition of serfdom. A group is constituted starting from the converts with the Lutheranism and knows a long existence until the 18th century.
- First publication (in Latin) of the spiritual Exercises of St Ignace de Loyola.
- Mikael Agricola translates the Bible into Finnois.
Art & culture
- Foundation of the University of Rheims by the Cardinal of Lorraine.
- Metz-native Foundation with of the first college of the Society of Jesus.
- the Japanese converted Yajiro tries to transcribe by the Latin alphabet the languages being written in Chinese characters.
- Publication with Antwerp of a general collection of the Spanish poetic kind romancero .
- First chapters of the Quart Delivers , of François Rabelais.
- August 30th: Inauguration of the first permanent Theater with the Hotel of Burgundy (Paris).
Economy & company
- 6,3 million Indians to the Mexico.
- Seville exports of 60 with 70 000 quintals of oil.
- Lublin obtains a privilege to put at the test various “ LMBO aromaticae ” brought Greece and of Turkey. The fairs of the city thrive.
- Measurements to restrict “the Enclosure” in England, development of pastures closed with the costs of the communal Goods. The right to enclose is subordinated to a vote of Parliament.
Births in 1548
- Giordano Bruno, Italian Philosopher.
Death in 1548
- April 1st: Zygmunt I Stary, king of Poland and Large-Duke of Lithuania (° January 1st 1467)
- April 10th: Gonzalo Pizarro
Be-X-old: 1548 Map-bms: 1548
|Random links:||350s | Cynomoriaceae | Gien | Pierre Branch | Margaret Alphonsi | Microrégion d' Itabaiana | Franc-maçonnerie|