This page relates to the year 1546 Calendrier Julien.
- Philippe II of Spain mark end of the Conquista by replacing its use, like that of the word conquistador , by descubrimiento and pobladores (discovery and colonists).
- January 18th: the viceroy of the Peru Blasco Núñez Vela reorganizes his forces and faces the rebels installed with Quito (battles of Añaquito). He is overcome and killed during the battle by the forces of Gonzalo Pizarro, which seizes the capacity. He settles with Lima and allots the post of governor.
- January 18th: Pedro de Valdivia publishes a code of law to the Chile.
- July: Arrival with Panamá of the new viceroy of the Peru Pedro of Gasca.
- August: In the province of Charcas (High Peru), Diego Centeno is opposed to tyranny Gonzalo Pizarro after the assassination of Gomez of Luna by lieutenant de Pizarro, Francisco de Almendras. This one is assassinated and the troops of Alonso de Toro are defeats by those of Centeno. Pizarro then sends Francisco Carvajal which continues Centeno until Arequipa without this one being able to face it. Centeno hides in a cave while its troops directed by Lope de Mendoza are overcome with mow Huarinas (October 20th 1547).
- September 10th: Discovered money layers with Zacatecas with the Mexico.
- November 8th: Revolt Maya with the Yucatán. The Spaniards subject the Mayas definitively.
- Destruction of the empire Mali in Songhaïs.
- Beginning of the reign of Malo, king of the Baguirmi (fine in 1561). It mpose its authority with the tribes close to its kingdom thanks to the powerful and well organized army which he constituted.
- Tlemcen is conquered by the Turks.
- the Spaniards assert the New Guinea and name it Novo Guinea, thinking that the natives were the same ones as those of the tribes of West Africa.
- January 1st - February 16th: François Xavier leaves Malacca for Amboine.
- June: François Xavier remains with Ternate with the Moluques (current Indonesia).
- Voyage of the Portuguese Jorge Alvarez with the Japan which inaugurates regular commercial relations.
- Heurt enters the Othoman and the Portuguese to Diu (India).
- June 7th: Treated Ardres between François Ier and Henri VIII of England, which restores Boulogne with the France against a strong ransom.
- June - July: Diet of Ratisbon.
- July 20th: Beginning of the War of Smalkalde (fine in 1547). Begun again war against the Protestants of the League of Smalkalde, directed by Jean Frederic of Saxony after the failure of the conference of Ratisbon where the Elector Palatine and the landgrave of Hesse are put at the round of applause of the empire. Charles Quint receives reinforcements of the Spanish garrisons of Milan and Naples, pontifical troops of Paul III and troops of the Netherlands (be). The Protestants try to be opposed to the concentration its troops in Germany of the South by a series of skirmishes (autumn). Charles Quint, during the winter, succeeds in pushing back the Protestants towards North.
- September: Execution of 14 reformed with Meaux.
Art & culture
- François Rabelais publishes the Third Delivers .
- Pierre Lescot is charged by François Ier with France with work with new the Louvre.
- Michel-Angel directs the building work of the Basilique Saint-Pierre of the the Vatican.
- Pontormo gets busy with the decoration of the apse of the St. Lawrence of Florence. Its frescos will be destroyed at the 18th century.
- the last Judgment and Worship of golden calf of the Tintoret.
Science & technology
- Georgius Agricola ( Georg Bauer ) made appear its book On the Nature of the Fossils .
- Girolamo Fracastoro suspects the existence of the microbes and their action in the transmission of the diseases.
Economy & company
- agricultural Crisis in Europe.
- the credit of the Fugger of Augsburg is considered at 7,5 million ducats, comparable with the annual incomes of Charles Quint. They control the money of the the Tyrol, the copper of Hungary and a good part of the textile of the Netherlands.
Births in 1546
- April 2nd: Elisabeth de France, oldest daughter of the dolphin Henri and of Catherine de Médicis with the Castle of Fontainebleau
- December 14th: Tycho Brahé, Astronomer Danish
Death in 1546
- July 4th: Barberousse (Khayr-Al-DIN), Othoman corsair
- August 3rd: Etienne Dolet, French printer
- August 12th: Francisco de Vitoria, Dominican Spanish (born in 1492).
- November 1st: Jules Romain (Giulio Romano), painter and Italian architect (° 1492)
Be-X-old: 1546 Map-bms: 1546 Simple: 1546
|Random links:||Ranks of the army Dutchwoman | Heidenhain | Česká televize | Carles Cardó | Gerlingen | Fulham_F.C.|