This page relates to the year 1543 Calendrier Julien.
- February 21st: The Ethiopian Christians helped by the Portugal push back the ic projection Islam in Ethiopia. The country is closed then with the Westerners.
- the troops of Ahmed Gragne are surprised and decimated by the emperor of Ethiopia Claude in Ouaïna-Dega, close to the Lac Tanned, where it itself is killed out of a ball of mousquet by the Portuguese Pero de Lian. Deprived of their chief, his soldiers disperse and are cut in part in their escape towards the Adal.
- Nour-ibn-Al-Ouazir succeeds Ahmed Gragne, encouraged by its widow. It strengthens Harrar.
- the kingdom of Congo declines with dead of the Manicongo Alphonse Ier, bus of different for its succession oppose his/her Pedro son to her Diogo nephew.
- the Spaniards of Oran establish with Tlemcen king Abd Allah. Following this failure, Hassan Aga is replaced by the son of Aldine Khayr (1544).
- March 1st: Blasco Núñez Vela becomes viceroy of News-Castille.
- September 13rd: Creation of the Audiencia of Guatemala.
- Revolt of the colonists against the suppression of the Encomienda ( Nuevas Leyes ) to the Peru. Charles Quint sends an army and names a viceroy, who will be assassinated by the rebels (1546).
- Domingo Martínez de Irala goes up the Rio Paraguay then joined the Peru by the Bolivia.
- Arrived at Cuzco, Irala is retrogressed with the rank of captain by the viceroy on order of Charles Quint. Returned with Asunción, it finds the city in full civil war. He subdues the rebels of accuracy, and will be named governor of Plata before dying.
- Francisco de Mendoza and Diego de Rojas connects the Peru to the Rio of Plata.
- February 2nd: Lopez de Villalobos begins the colonization of the Filipino .
- September 23rd: The Portuguese Da Mota, Zeimoto and Peixoto reach the Japan. Three sailors, pushed by a typhoon, fail themselves on Tanegashima, an island of the archipelago of the Okinawa in the south of Japan, near to Kyushu. The local Daimyô makes confiscate their cargo and the Portuguese return the following year. They teach to him the principles of manufacture of the mousquets.
- Beginning of the reign of Sonam Gyatso, 3rd Dalaï Lama of the Tibet (fine in 1588).
- Mongolia: Died of Dayan Khan, its Bodi-alagh sons, Daïsoun and Tumen succeed to him. Tumen proves to be most qualified. He endeavors to link the Mongolian tribes and to organize a center of administration gathering the noble ones. After some successes, its activity, in front of the indifference of the lords, leads to feudal separatism. The right wing of Mongolia joins with Altan Khan and emperor proclaims it (fine in 1583). This one endeavors to restore the unit of Mongolia, and leads a series of countryside against the hostile Oïrat S to the regrouping of the tribes.
- During the reign of Altan, agriculture is consolidated and of the shopping malls are established in Mongolia. In 1543, he undertakes great constructions in his residence of Koukou-khoto. The city becomes a center of craft industry and trade.
- March 25th: In Sweden, revolted the the Nile Dacke is crushed close to the Lake Hjorten (Småland). Wounded, it takes refuge in Blekinge where it is stopped and carried out in July.
- May 12th: Marriage with Almeirim (Portugal) (Portugal) of Philippe, wire of Charles Quint, with Marie, infante of Portugal (the weddings are celebrated the November 14th with Salamanque).
- May: Charles Quint leaves the Spain to return there only after its abdication. It resides in the empire or at the Netherlands (until in 1556).
- July 12th: Henri VIII of England wife Catherine Parr (1512 - 1548) in sixth wedding.
- 2 - August 22nd: Head office of Nice by the French troops of the Duke of Enghien and the Turkish fleet of Khayr AD-DIN Barberousse, lodged with Toulon during the winter 1543 - 1544. The city goes except the citadel. According to the tradition niçoise, heroin and lavender field Catherine Ségurane push back the Turks while raising her dress and showing its buttocks.
- September 7th: Treaty of Venloo; Charles Quint puts an end to independence Gueldre and of Zutphen, after an ultimate fight against Guillaume de Clèves, that the Papal States had chooses to succeed the late duke Charles.
- September: Henri VIII of England and Charles Quint make alliance against the France and the Scotland. Charles Quint besieges Landrecies while Henri VIII besieges Boulogne.
- December: Ivan IV of Russia makes strangle André Chouïski by his servants of dog. The Glinski take again the capacity.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Süleyman Ier seizes Pécs and Esztergom in Hungary.
- Act of Union between the Wales and the England.
- England: the Book of the King ( King' S Book ) restores the seven sacraments, the worship of the Virgin and the Saints, and the celibacy of the priests; it prohibits to the small people the reading of the English Bible.
- Olaus $petri becomes cleaned of Storkyrkan with Stockholm.
- the catastrophic debt of the Neapolitan cities suspends their freedoms.
- the diet of Cracow publishes in Polish his Résolutions .
- the Servage becomes less rigorous in the royal Domaine French.
- Henri d' Albret becomes general lieutenant in Guyenne, Poitou, Languedoc and Provence.
- the England enters in war against the France (fine in 1546).
- Creation of the Court of Auditors of Rouen.
- François Ier orders the rebuilding of the Halles of Paris (edict of the September 20th).
Arts & cultures
- With the Japan, Kano Motonubu produces landscapes and portraits.
- Praise of the six tumens of Dayan Khan , song epic preserved by the Mongolian chronicles.
- Jean Pin and Pierre Lescot carries out the Jubé church Saint-Germain-the Auxerrois (Paris)).
Sciences & technology
- May 24th, Revolution copernician: Andreas Osiander publishes the theories of the Astronome Polish Nicolas Copernic Of the revolutions of the celestial spheres ( Of revolutionibus orbium coelestium ) and shows that the heliocentric Théorie simplifies the calculations astronomical. This work will be accepted only hundred years later.
- the first garden Botanique is founded with Pisa.
- the Belgian anatomist André Vésale publishes humani corporis fabrica where it has corrected the most obvious errors of Galien and puts an end to Galénisme in force for 1000 years. It is the first to undoubtedly practice the dissection of the corpses.
- Accounts Department: edition of “ New instruction of the very excellent science of the book of account ” of Jean Ympyn.
- the Japan discovers the firearms: the Portuguese mousquets are quickly copied by the local craftsmen, thus transforming the art of the war to the Japan.
Economy & company
- Invasion of grasshoppers in Hungary.
- the Spanish fleets of the Or are organized in convoy to cross the Atlantique.
- According to a preserved register, Marseilles dispatches towards the interior France spices, pepper, drugs, wools and leathers barbaresque, Sardinian cheeses, fish barrels, date cases, oranges of Hyères, carpet of Turkey, silk and rice of the Raising, steel of the Piedmont, Alun of Civitavecchia, wine of Malvoisie. The customer cities and redistributrices are mainly Lyon, Arles, Beaucaire, Pézenas, seldom Toulouse and Paris. The Marseilles trade remains modest until worms 1570.
Births in 1543
- April 1st: François de Bonne, Constable of France. († 1626).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Death in 1543
- January 9th: Guillaume of Bellay (1491 -1543).
- May 24th: Nicolas Copernic, Polish astronomer.
- November 29th: Hans Holbein the Young person, painter and German engraver, of the plague (Augsburg, v. 1497 - London, 1543).
- Willem van Zuylen van Nijevelt, Dutch poet.
Be-X-old: 1543 Map-bms: 1543 Simple: 1543
|Random links:||Gastón Gaudio | Congress of Creteil | Raymond Pichard | Stephan Maurel | Missings | Mouvement_de_logiciel_gratuit|