This page relates to the year 1523 Calendrier Julien.
- the Spaniards settle with the Venezuela.
Cristobal de Oli is in charge of a forwarding to the Honduras.
- Europeans are expelled out of China.
- Conquête of the Sultanat of Passed by the kingdom of Aceh to the northern point of the island Indonesia of Sumatra.
- January 1st: The Othoman Turks take the island of Rhodos
- November 19th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Clement VII (Jules de Médicis, end in 1534).
- the militia of Genoa take Savone. Of 1525 with 1526, Génois destroy the mole, fill the port, then after an attempt at revolt of the city in 1528, cut down its turns while waiting to build fortresses there.
- Creation of the Council of finances in Spain.
- Thomas More, adviser of the king Henri VIII of England, is named announcer House of Commons.
- Annexation of the prerogatives ( oudiels ) of the princes of Sieversk.
- With died of Muhammad Girey, Khan of the Crimea, Sahip succeeds to him Baghtche Saray and leaves with Kazan a thirteen year old child, Safa Girey (1523 - 1530).
- the cavalry tatare is held in failure in front of Moscow by an artillery shooting.
- the Nogaïs razzient the khanat of the Crimea. The Russians launch a double offensive, diplomatic and military. The Othoman do not do anything for their vassal.
- January 20th: Beginning of the reign of Frederic Ier of Denmark (1471 - 1533) king of Denmark and Norway.
- Christian II of Denmark, which had tried to impose an absolute capacity with the support of the merchants by reducing the capacity of the aristocracy runs up against the revolt of noble of Jutland. It is driven out throne with the profit of his uncle Frederic de Holstein, chief of revolted and takes refuge with the Netherlands where it passes to the Réforme.
- Frederic Ier grants a chartre ( håndfestning ) on its subjects which stipulates that the high civil loads and ecclesiastics from now on would be reserved for the nobility, that the grounds should not be any more held but by the noble ones. It maintains the Church in all its rights and privileges.
- Christian becomes duke of Holstein.
- June 6th: Gustav Vasa seizes the capacity in Sweden and drives out the Danes of Stockholm, breaking the Union of Kalmar. Elected official king by Riksdag of Strängnäs, it imposes the Luthéranisme, develops the economy of the country and reorganizes the kingdom (administration, justice, taxation). The Sweden obtains its independence of the Denmark.
- Laurentius Andræ becomes chancellor of king de Suède (fine in 1531). It gives an opinion for the Réforme as of the February 4th 1524.
- Olaus $petri starts to preach the doctrines Lutheran with Stockholm.
- the pope sends as legate to Stockholm Johannes Magnus to settle the question of évêchés vacant (six out of eight).
- Frederic Ier of Denmark dissolves the corporations with the Denmark with the approval of the Council.
- very hard Winter in the South of the France after the January 15th.
- the constable of Bourbon refuses the hand of Louise of Savoy, mother of François Ier. In September, she claims to him the heritage of the Bourbon (Marche, Bourbonnais, Auvergne) and the constable passes to the service of Charles Quint (October 9th).
- the admiral Bonnivet, favorite of François Ier, is named chief of the army of Italy.
Creation of the Treasury of the Saving, which simplifies the financial administration in France (only one case).
- Creation of the Court of Auditors of Montpellier.
- First judgment in France of the ideas of Luther.
Holy roman Empire
- the Révolte of the knights is crushed by the archbishop of Trier.
- Turbid in the farming community in Souabe, Thuringe, Alsace and Austria between 1523 and 1532.
Thomas Münzer introduces the new liturgy with Allsted.
- the Canton of Zurich is the first State to be separated from the Church of Rome. At the request of the Council of city, the preacher Ulrich Zwingli supports 67 theses in the presence of several hundreds of people and the general vicar of Constancy (January 29th). The Council of city approves its ideas (refusal of the doctrines of the Transsubstantiation and character strictly symbolic system of the bread and the wine in the Cène) and decides the suppression of the images in the places of worship then the secularization of the goods of the clergy.
Art & culture
- the monk Hans Tausen goes to Wittenberg, town of Lutherans, German theologist who written his canticles there.
- the Shipwreck , of Erasme.
- Construction of a cathedral on the Large mosque of Cordoue.
- Erasme of Rotterdam , first portrait of the German painter Hans Holbein the Young person.
- Hans Holbein carries out a series of fifty and one drawings treating of the medieval allegorical topic of the macabre dance, and a series of frontispieces for the German translation of the Bible made by Martin Luther (1523 - 1526).
- Meeting of Erasme saint and saint Maurice , fabric of Matthias Grünewald (1523 - 1524).
- Titien painted “ Bacchus and ARIANE ”.
- Hercules and Antée , fabric of Jan Gossaert.
Science & technology
- Boke off Husbandrie , treated Agronomy of English John Fitzherbert.
Births in 1523
Death in 1523
- July 1st: Henri Voes and Jean Van Eschen, burned on the Town square of Brussels.
- August 13rd: Gerard David, Flemish painter (born in 1460).
- August 29th: Ulrich von Hutten, knight and humanistic German in exile (born in 1488).
- October 16th: Signorelli, Italian painter of the Rebirth, in Tuscan (born in 1445).
- Pietro Vannucci, known as Pérugin, Italian painter, with Perugia.
Be-X-old: 1523 Map-bms: 1523
|Random links:||Achoura | Éréac | Wilhelm Peters | Rochechinard | Funicular SMC | Deux_tribus|