This page relates to the year 1519 Calendrier Julien.
- September 20th: Beginning of the round the world tour of Ferdinand Magellan ( Magalhaes ), Portuguese navigator with the service of the Spain (fine in 1522).
- March 4th: Beginning of the Conquest of Mexico by Hernan Cortez (the Cortes). It is the end of the Aztec Empire (fine in 1521).
- Alonso Álvarez de Pineda explores the coasts north and west of the Gulf of Mexico until the Río Pánuco. One must give up the hope to find a passage towards the Pacifique in this area.
- Third purging of the Sallim in the kingdom Chosŏn (Korea).
the Portuguese settle with Negapatam, on the south-Eastern coast of the India and with Ceylon.
- January 1st: Ulrich Zwingli starts to preach the reform with Zurich.
- Charles Quint receives the homage of the the Cortes of Catalogne (February) and of Aragon (May).
- June 28th: Charles Quint is elected emperor of the Saint Germanic Roman Empire against François Ier, thanks to the financier Jacob II Fugger (fine in 1556). François Ier, which aspired to the title, spent vainly 400 000 crowns.
- July 4th: Dispute Leipzig. The vice-chancellor of the university of Ingoldstad, Johan Eck, critical theses of Luther on the Indulgence S.
- Albert de Brandebourg-Ansbach, large Master of the Knights Teutoniques, after having sought the alliance of the Russia, declares the war with the Polish king Sigismond Ier of Poland ( December), then concludes an armistice from four years. Benefitting from the truce, it goes in Germany where it meets Luther which advises to him to transform the order (Ordenstaat) into a secular duchy.
Art & culture
- Grand' Monarchy of France , Claude de Seyssel, 1515-1519.
- Arrived at Paris of the first booklets of Luther.
- Book of reason of the Middle-class man of Paris (Nicolas Versoris), of 1519 with 1530.
- First edition of the Talmud to Venice by Daniel de Bomberg (1519-1523).
- Conferences of Érasme, critical against the Catholic church and to its superstitions.
- Beginning of the construction of the Castle of Chambord (fine in 1536).
- Portrait of Boniface Amerbach , by Hans Holbein. The Amerbach family, installed with Basle, is one of the principal families of printers of the beginning of the 16th century.
- the Crucifixion , fabric of Matthias Grünewald (1519 - 1520).
- Fresques of the villa of Poggio has Caiano (Prato) carried out for the Médicis by the Pontormo (fine in 1521).
Science & technology
Economy & company
- the large market of Tenochtitlán attracts daily to 60.000 people.
- the election of Charles of Ghent to the empire (a million guilders) is financed by Jacob II Fugger and Welser, bankers of Augsburg (80%), Genoa (15%) and Florence (5%).
- Beginning of fishing with the Cod with Saint-Malo.
Births in 1519
- February 24th: François of Lorraine, duke of Own way, French statesman
- March 29th: François II of Mantoue, noble Italian, marquis de Mantoue (° August 10th 1466, 52 years)
- March 31st: Henri II, king de France
- April 13rd: Catherine de Médicis, queen of France
Death in 1519
- May 2nd: Léonard de Vinci, painter, sculptor, architect, Italian engineer.
- August 11th: Jean Tetzel, Dominican in favor of the Indulgence S (° v. 1455).
- September 10th: John Collet, English theologist (° 1467).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Be-X-old: 1519 Map-bms: 1519 Simple: 1519
|Random links:||Aeclanum | List disappeared countries | Arend Friedrich August Wiegmann | Black (film) | Philippe Randa | Andre Ryssen | Liverpool_(album)|