This page relates to the year 1507 Calendrier Julien.
- April 25th: With the German cartographer Martin Waldseemuller (Hylacomilus) working within the Vosgean Gymnasium of Saint-Dié, the Nouveau World takes the name of Americi Terra ( America ), derived from the first name of Amerigo Vespucci to which it allotted the discovery of it (it has the first published of the letters in which it affirms that the grounds discovered are an immense unknown continent). It will rectify its error thereafter.
- Beginning of the reign of Alphonso Ier, Manicongo of the people Kongo (fine in 1543).
- With died of his/her father the manicongo Nzinga Nkouvou, Nzinga Mbemba goes up on the throne after having overcome and having killed his/her Mpanzou brother who was turned over to the animism. Enthusiastic Christian, it takes as Christian name Alphonso Ist Its court becomes the counterpart of that of Lisbon: same costumes, even organization, same titles… The sovereign, who speaks and writes usually Portuguese, sends to Rome in 1513 one of his sons, Henri, who will be devoted bishop of Utique in 1518.
- the Portuguese of Sao Tome adulterate the Ivoire and the Esclave S with the Kongo, causing internal wars to get prisoners.
- the Portuguese occupy the Mozambique.
- Beginning of the Portuguese countryside against the Gujarat, in India (fine in 1509).
- Alfonso de Albuquerque takes Ormuz (1507/1515 - 1622).
- Bâbur takes Kandahar.
- Muhammad Chaybani takes Hérat. The Chaybanides transfer the last of the Timourides, Badi az-Zaman.
- the viceroy Christian rather brutally represses a starter of revolt in Norway.
- March 12th: Revolt Genoa against the French.
- April 3rd: Louis XII passes in Italy.
- 25 - April 26th: Resumption of Genoa. An army of 15 000 men, whose Bayard, intervenes and punishes the city.
- April 28th: Louis XII fact a solemn entry in Genoa.
- June 26th: Convention of Soaps between Louis XII of France and Ferdinand II of Aragon
- Maximilien of Austria is elected emperor with Frankfurt. Maximilien, blocked by Venice in Italy of North, and in front of the reserve of the pope Jules II to crown it, takes with Thirty the title of emperor of its own authority and modifies its titulature: “ Us, Maximilien, by the grace of God, Roman Emperor ”.
- Charles of Ghent (1500 - 1558), reign on the Netherlands under the regency of his/her aunt Marguerite of Austria (fine of regency in 1530). It resides at Leuwen.
- March 1st: To the Portugal, a royal edict grants to the new Christians the right to leave the country as the remainder of the population and confirms their immunity and their special situation. The edict is renewed for twenty years in 1512, prohibiting any continuation of the converts for heresy.
- the cardinal Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros is named large inquisitor Castille. It marks a reaction compared to excesses of its predecessors, Diego Deza and Diego Rodrigues Lucero. Under its authority, 2500 people will perish however on roughing-hew it.
Art & culture
Adam and Eve , fabric of Albrecht To last.
Economy & company
Births in 1507
Death in 1507
- April 2nd: Saint François of Paule, Calabrian, initiating hermit of the rule of the Tiny ones. (° 1416).
Be-X-old: 1507 Map-bms: 1507 Simple: 1507
|Random links:||Directive of the European Union | Sonar | Patrick Berhault | Diane Lane | Iranian army | Falgoux | Falsifiability|