This page relates to the year 1506 Calendrier Julien.
- the Portuguese plunder the Arab counters of Oja and Brava, in Eastern Africa.
- 17 - March 19th: Naval Victoire of the Portuguese with Canador on Calicut.
- Taken Ormuz and of Ceylon by the Portuguese.
- Fondation of the Put da India , which organizes the Portuguese colonial conquests. The Portuguese intend to monopolize the traffic of the India. They confiscate the cargo of whoever not having their authorization ( carta ). It flood the Europe, via Lisbon, of banner of Calicut, Poivre and others spice S. 25 000 quintals of spices spend each year of the Indian Ocean to the Atlantique on Portuguese ships.
- January 22nd: Creation of the pontifical Swiss Guard by the pope Jules II.
- April 19th: Jewish massacres of with Lisbon.
- Plague with the Portugal. The preachers Dominicain S excite the people of Lisbon against the “new Christians” of the city (Juifs and Musulman S recently converted). The Pogrom makes several hundreds of victims (April 19th). The king reacts firmly, makes carry out several tens of culprits and firm the convent of the Dominican ones.
- May 30th: Merry entry in the Principality of Liege of new the Prince-bishop, Érard of Marck.
- June: Revolt Genoa against the French.
- August 19th: Sigismond Ier Jagellon the Old man or the Large one succeeds his/her brother Alexandre Ier like large-duke of Lithuania then as king of Poland. The succession does not create any dispute.
- the reign of the last Jagellon (1506 - 1572) is marked by a sharp fight between the royal capacity and the nobility ( szlachta ) for the definition of the privileges of the latter. The sovereigns dream of an absolute monarchy, comparable with that of François Ier in France, but one witnesses a slow evolution towards a parliamentary monarchy entirely dominated by the noble ones. Sigismond Ier, supported by his wife Bona Sforza, who brings to him the financial support of her family, tries to escape the statute nihil novi from 1505. The conflict lasts until in 1569.
- the blooming of the Rebirth and the economic development and cultural of the Polish cities under Sigismond Ier bring the Poland to the apogee of its size.
- September 25th: died from Philippe the Beautiful
- Jeanne Insane the is withdrawn with the castle of Tordesillas and the regency of Castille is ensured by Ferdinand II of Aragon which must restore the capacity to him if it recovered the reason (end in 1516).
- Maximilien of Austria exerts regency on the duchy of Burgundy with the agreement of the General states.
- the Luxembourg passes under domination of the Spain.
- October 7th: The pope Jules II seizes Bologna.
- England: The count de Suffolk is condemned to died and will be carried out in 1513 for plot (maintains a private army). Its goods are confiscated with the profit of the crown.
- the king Jean Ier of Denmark sets up the Norway in a viceroyalty which he entrusts to his son Christian.
- War of the Russia against the Poland and the Lithuania (fine in 1512).
- very hard Winter in the South of the France. The sea freezes with Marseilles (January 13rd).
- In May, meeting of the General states of Turns.
- May 14th: Louis XII of France is proclaimed “Father of the People” by the General states of Turns. This title is given to him because it decreased the size, tax paid by the commoners.
- May 21st: The General states of Turns cancel, at the request of Louis XII, all the clauses of the Traité of Blois which relate to the projected marriage of his/her daughter Claude of France with Charles of Luxembourg, the future Charles Quint. It then promises in marriage Claude of France to François of Angouleme, the heir apparent in the absence of male child to Louis XII. The integrity of the Royaume of France is safeguarded.
Art & culture
- January 14th: Excavations of the gilded House of Néron. Discovered Group of Laocoon.
- the Italian architect Bramante begins the plans of the Basilique Saint-Pierre; April 18th: the first stone of the basilica is posed by the pope Jules II.
- Construction of the castle archiépiscopal of Gaillon of the cardinal Georges d' Amboise in Normandy.
- Albrecht To last painted the Virgin of the festival of the rosary .
- Léonard de Vinci painted the Mona Lisa and returns to Milan the request of the French governor, Charles d' Amboise.
- Andrea Mantegna painted Christ dead .
- Raphaël painted the Madonna of the View-point and the Madonna with the goldfinch .
- Érasme written the Praise of the Madness (1506 - 1509) in Italy.
- the Converso Portuguese emigrant in Italy Solomon ibn Verga written Shevet Yehuda , which tells the history of the Juifs. It rejects the idea that the divine will would be the determining factor of the history.
- Bartolomeo Tromboncino : publication of several musical works of which its Lamentations , a Motet and Frottole S
Economy & company
- the king of England assistance merchants of Bristol-board to organize a “ Company of the Adventurers in the new Grounds ”.
Births in 1506
Johannes Lupi (C 1506-1539), type-setter
- Bálint Bakfark (1506? - 1576), lutist and type-setter
- Alonso Mudarra (C 1506-1580), type-setter
Death in 1506
- May 4th: Husayn Bayqara, large emir timouride and large patron installed with Hérat (Afghanistan).
- May 20th: Christophe Colomb, discoverer of the America, in misery (° 1451).
- August 19th: Aleksander Jagiellończyk I, king of Poland and Large-Duke of Lithuania (° August 5th 1461)
- at the end of August: Alexander Agricola, type-setter.
- September 13rd: Andrea Mantegna, painter and Italian engraver.
- September 25th: Philippe the Beautiful.
- Georg Fugger, banker (born in 1453).
- Sesshu (born v. 1420), painter and buddhist monk Japan board which was regarded as one of the largest Masters of the painting of landscapes to the ink of its country.
Be-X-old: 1506 Map-bms: 1506
|Random links:||Llywelyn ap Seisyll | Robert Linhart | Garden of Fox | Nuclear plant of Shika | Isaac Carasso | Freikorps|