This page relates to the year 1504 Calendrier Julien.
January 6th: Arrival of the French Binot Paulmier de Gonneville with the Brazil. To its continuation, French sailors of Dieppe and Honfleur go on the coasts of the new Portuguese territory in the hope to make trade of the “ wood Brazil ” (or wood of Pernambouc ), while facing the Portuguese coastguards. They have a large success around the natives. Some remain in Brazil and are linked with the Indians to give mongrels (just like Portuguese). One of these character, the Portuguese Caramuru, shipwrecked man, would have had many women and much of children. Paraguaçu, his favorite wife, would have accompanied it in France and would have been baptized under the name of Catherine and is submitted to the court. Often quarrels burst between French (Maïr) and Portuguese (Peros).
the English install the relay of fishing of Saint John with Newfoundland.
- Nicolás de Ovando sends Juan Ponce of León to colonize the island of Borinquen (Puerto Rico). It founds Caparra and uses the Arawak S to work gold mines. They die per a thousand and will be replaced by black slaves (1511).
- the Nubians destroy the Christian kingdom of Méroé in the North of the Sudan.
- Fine of the Christian kingdom of Aloa to the Sudan, substituted by the Moslem kingdom of the Foundj. The king Amara Doukas goes up on the throne and becomes the first sovereign of the kingdom of the Sennar (fine in 1534). He reigns between the White Nile and the Blue Nile on a population made up of Arabs, Nubians, of Méroïtiques and Blacks.
- Foundj, in Sudan, have Sennar for capital on the Blue Nile from which they control the valley. The main part of exports is composed of the Esclave S of the pagan tribes of the west and the south.
Beginning of the reign of Idris II, king (May) of the Bornou (fine in 1526). It reconquers the Kanem and Bornou finds the importance which it had at the 12th century. It attacks the Haoussa and controls part of the track Chad - Tripolitaine, which enables him to enter in relation to the Moslem countries of the the Mediterranean.
the brothers Barberousse, Corsair S Turkish of sicilian origin, Baba 'Arudj (1474 - 1518) and Aldine Khayr (1476 - 1546), attack the Christian boats and repatriate the Morisques Spain with the the Maghreb (1504 - 1510). The sultan hafside of Tunis grants to them the island of Jerba where part of their fleet shelters.
- Second purging of the Sallim, intellectuals Confucianists who tried to core the capacity in Korea, under the dynasty Chosŏn.
Taken Calicut by the Portugal.
- Beginning of the reign of Bâbur king of Kabul, founder of the Empire moghol of the Indies (end in 1530).
The Middle East
- Reign of Murad, sultan of the Ak Koyunlu, born in 1499 (fine in 1524). It will try to resist Chah Ismaïl but will have to take refuge with Constantinople near the Sélim sultan.
- January: Svante Nilsson Sture becomes regent of Sweden (fine in 1512). Sweden and the Denmark are in permanent war until its death.
- July 2nd: Bogdan III the Blind man becomes voïèvode of Moldavie (fine in 1517). He and its successors must fight against the claims of the Poland and against the boyards which rest on it.
- September 10th: Charles III becomes duke of Savoy (fine in 1553).
- September 22nd: Treaty of Blois. Louis XII of France must give in dowry with his/her daughter, Claude of France, been engaged to the future Charles Quint, grandson of Ferdinand II of Aragon, the Milanais, Genoa, the Burgundy and the Brittany. The treaty will be cancelled soon by the General states of Turns, and Claude of France promised in marriage to François of Angouleme (May 1506).
- the marshal of Gié is opposed to engagement wanted by Anne of Brittany in the name of the national unit. It alienates moreover following intrigues the influential Louise of Savoy-Angouleme, mother of François Ier, and runs up against the cardinal of Amboise. It falls in disgrace following a lawsuit. Amboise, after having drawn aside it, takes again its policy of opposition to the national dismemberment against the queen.
- October 12th: Will of Isabelle de Castille. Philippe Ier the Beautiful (1478 - 1506) becomes king of Castille by its marriage with Jeanne Insane the (1479 - 1555).
- England: Thomas More enters to the Parliament and is opposed to the king Henri VII of England, which obliges it to withdraw public life (1504 - 1509).
- the pope authorizes the sale of Indulgence S to finance the construction of Saint-Pierre-of-Rome.
- Creation of the congregation cassinienne.
- the quarrels of succession in Hungary allow the Othoman to push their border on the Save.
- the council of the Russian Church condemns the sect of the Judaïsant S.
Art & culture
- September 8th: David, statue of Michel-Angel, is set up with Florence.
- the Fall of the man , engraving of Albrecht To last.
- Worship of the Kings , fabric To last.
- the Dutch painter Jerome Bosch paints the Jardin of the delights .
- the Italian painter Raphaël painted the Marriage of the Virgin .
- Angelo Bramante : Cloister of Santa Maria della Pace.
Erasme : Enchiridion
- Publication of the Arcadie, pastoral poem of Iacopo Sannazaro, written between 1480 and 1485.
- the Arioste becomes courtier of Hippolyte Ier, cardinal of Este. It fills various tasks of embassy and administration (1504 - 1517).
Science & technology
- Christophe Colomb uses a eclipse the Moon to frighten the natives.
- Chart with meridian line graduated of which the use postulates the practice of astronomical navigation, of Pedro Reinel.
Economy & company
- the Poste becomes a regular service in France: the large Master of the stations of the Netherlands, Francisque de Taxis, receives the authorization to establish his network in France (1504 - 1515).
Births in 1504
- Charles de Bourgueville
- Heinrich Bullinger
- Charles Estienne
- Antonio Gagini
- Philippe Ier de Hesse
- Louis de Grenade
- Philippe III of Nassau-Weilburg
Death in 1504
- July 2nd: Etienne Large the, prince of Moldavie.
- November 9th: Frederic II of Naples king of Naples in exile.
- November 26th: Isabelle de Castille.
Be-X-old: 1504 Map-bms: 1504 Simple: 1504
|Random links:||690s | Thyristor | Line of bus the RATP 241 | Esporte Clube Ypiranga | Komi (go) | Jonathan Jolette | Fruitarianism|