This page relates to the year 1490 Calendrier Julien.
- the king of the Congo Nzinga Nkuwu converts with the Christianisme.
Zimbabwe: Changamiré Ier kills the Monomotapa Nyahuma. Four or five years later, Chikuyo, wire of Nyahuma, avenges his/her father by killing Changamiré Ist It is the beginning of a thankless struggle which will deliver until the end of the 17th century the dynasty of the Changamiré and that of the Monomotapa.
- In India, the dynasty of the Narasimha falls under the domination from “mayors from the palate”. Narasa Nayaka, commander supreme of the armies, becomes “protective” Empire of the Vijayanagar (fine in 1503).
The close East
- With died of Yakub, sultan of the Ak Koyunlu, his sons and nephews dispute the capacity.
- January 4th: Anne of Brittany declares guilty Crime of lese-majesty all those which would be joined king de France.
- March 13rd: Beginning of the reign of Charles II of Savoy (fine in 1496).
- March 25th: Answering with three years of delay the call of the pope, a congress of the princes meets in Rome to discuss the measures to be taken for the protection of the Christians against the Turks.
- June: revolt country in Cornwall.
- July 30th: The insurrectionists set fire to Quimper.
- September 18th: Vladislas IV of Bohemia becomes king of Hungary.
- With died of Mathias Corvin without heir (his illegitimate son Jean Corvin not being recognized like such), five candidates dispute the crown, among which Maximilien de Habsbourg and Ladislas Jagellon, king of Bohemia. Maximilien de Habsbourg releases Vienna and Low the Austria, then invades the Hungary, but forwarding turns short, for lack of money (November).
- Ladislas Jagellon marries the widow of Mathias Corvin, Béatrice d' Aragon. The marriage makes scandal and will be cancelled by the pope. Ladislas, called “ Dobze ”, “ yes-man ”, is indifferent to the businesses of the State, which it lets impoverish with the profit of the barons and the prelates who put it on the throne. The kingly taxes and incomes fall to the quarter from what Mathias Corvin perceived. The black army, which was initially put at the service of the king, is devoted to exactions fault of being paid and will be dissolved by the captain Pál Kinizsi.
- November 30th: The pope Innocent VIII receives the envoy of the Othoman sultan ; for the first time the the Holy See accommodates a Moslem embassy.
- December 19th: Marriage by procuration with Rennes of Anne of Brittany, 14 years old, and Maximilien of Austria. The French royal troops occupy then the duchy except for Rennes, where Anne of Brittany took refuge. The marriage is cancelled after the catch of Rennes by the French in 1491.
- In Hungary, the feudal barons find their old statute. The Hungary knows internal conflicts, in particular a country rebellion.
- Laurent de Médicis creates the Council of the fourteen with Florence.
- the ordinance of Moulins, by Charles VIII, obliges so that the vulgar and maternal languages, and not the Latin , are used in the interrogations and statements in France (see also edict of Villers-Cotterêts).
- Philippe de Commynes is allocated to the court of France and puts its talents of diplomat at the service of Charles VIII. He accompanies it in Italy and Germany, then gives up his activities diplomatic and policies to finish the drafting of his Memories.
Art & culture
- Introduction to the Metaphysics of Aristote , Lefèvre d' Etaples.
- the Stay of honor (1490-1494), treated in worms and prose of Octavien of Saint-Froze.
- It To be and one , of Peak of Mirandole.
- Construction of collegial of the Annunciation with Moscow by architects of Pskov.
- Crowning of the Virgin , panel of Sandro Botticelli.
- the Legend of holy Ursule (1490-1495), cycle of paintings of Vittore Carpaccio.
- Second version of the Virgin to the rocks of Léonard de Vinci (fine in 1508).
- Virgin in glory and holy , retable of Domenico Ghirlandaio.
- Amadeo directs work of chartreuse of Pavia (fine in 1498).
- Combat of Lapithes and the Centaurs , Michel-Angel.
Sciences & technology
- the editor Aldo Manuzio ( Aldus Manutius ) opens its Aldine Imprimerie with Venice.
- Globe of Martin Behaim, oldest which reached us. It places exactly the Japan (Cipango) on the position of the Mexico.
Births in 1490
- About 1490: Birth of the English type-setter John Taverner.
- About 1490: Birth with Pieve di Cadore of the painter Italian Tiziano Vecellio , known as Titien (+ August 28th 1576).
Death in 1490
- Mathias Corvin
Be-X-old: 1490 Map-bms: 1490 Simple: 1490
|Random links:||Sinusoidal signal | Principal rafter (frame) | Disney' S Contemporary Arises | It is police force | Sorefame | Théorème_fondamental_sur_des_homomorphisms|