This page relates to the year 1489 Calendrier Julien.
- July 17th, India: Sinkandar Lodi succeeds his/her father Bahlul Lodi, died with the return of a forwarding against Gwalior, with the head of the Sultanat of Delhi (fine in 1517). It restores the domination of Delhi to the borders of the Bengal where it signs a treaty of non-aggression with Hussain Shah.
The Middle East
- February 26th: The queen Catherine Cornaro, heiress of the Lusignan, abdicates and yields Cyprus to Venice the March 14th (fine in 1571). Cyprus becomes an essential relay of the trade Levantine and will become the most important business district in the East.
January: Resumption of the war between French and Breton. Anne of Brittany calls upon foreign troops (England, Austria, Spain).
- February 10th:
- Crowning of Anne of Brittany to Rennes.
- treated of Rennes enters the Duché of Brittany and the England.
- February 14th: treaties of Dordrecht between Austria and Spain and Austria and England against France.
- March 13rd: Arrival of Djem, brother of Bayezid II with Rome. Innocent VIII buys the Turkish hostage Djem with Pierre d' Aubusson, large Master of the Hospitaliers.
- March 26th: Treaty of Medina del Campo between Spain and England.
- July 22nd: Treaty of Frankfurt between Maximilien de Habsbourg and Charles VIII of France.
- December 3rd: Anne of Brittany ratifies the treaty of Frankfurt.
- Rising of the Yorkshire in England.
- Innocent VIII excommunicates Ferdinand Ier of Naples which refuses to pay tribute of nomination to the pope. He asks Charles VIII of France to intervene by promising the to him Royaume of Naples in return.
- Annexation by Ivan III of Moscow of the State of Viatka, founded in north by emigrants of Novgorod and controlled by one vietché.
- Torquemada increases and improves its code of the Inquisition.
Art & culture
- July 16th: Publication with Lisbon (Portugal) by the rich person scholar Eliezer Toledano of the “Comment” of Nahamide on the Pentateuque, which constitutes the very first printed book with Lisbon.
Heptaplus , exposed philosophico-mystic of the creation of the universe of Peak of Mirandole.
- Of triple life of Marsile Ficin.
- the Last Judgment (1489 - 1491) of the Saint-Etienne church of Brisach, fresco of Martin Schongauer.
- Filippino Lippi paints with Rome the Triomphe of saint Thomas for the vault Carafa de Santa Maria will sopra Minerva.
- Series of fabrics on the Triumph of César of Andrea Mantegna.
Science & technology
- First cartographic representation of the Cape of Good Hope, on a chart of Henricus Martellus.
Economy & company
- England: Measurements to restrict “the Enclosure”, development of pastures closed with depend on the communal Biens.
Births in 1489
Guillaume Farel, theologist.
- July 2nd: Thomas Cranmer
- August: Corrège (Antonio Allegri), Italian painter
Death in 1489
- April 26th: Yoshihisa Ashikaga, Shogun of the Japan.
- December 15th: Simon Marmion, French painter of Flemish origin. (° v. 1425).
Be-X-old: 1489 Map-bms: 1489 Simple: 1489
|Random links:||Chrysaor | Baghal | Andre Kertesz | Tomo de la TV | Maurice-Jan hippodrome | Awash | Fermion|