This page relates to the year 1488 Calendrier Julien.
- the Portuguese double Bartolomeu Dias the course Tormentoso (which will be renamed Cape of Good Hope not to frighten the explorers). It touches ground the February 3rd, then recognizes the coasts of the Mozambique and reached the area of current the Port Elizabeth, the baia back Vaqueiros , thus called because the Blacks raise bovines there. The sailors are discouraged and Dias must choose between the return and a mutiny. It is accommodated triumphantly with Lisbon.
- Dayan, after having gathered the territories of the Eastern Mongols, divides them into two in accordance with the tradition. The left wing, directly under its orders, includes/understands the Djakhar, the Khalkha S and the Ouriangkhan. The right wing, directed by the djinong (crown prince) includes/understands the Ordos, the Tumeal and the Khartchin.
- Dayan Khan concludes peace with the Ming and the China reopens the frontier markets with the nomads. An imperial edict regulates the exchanges: the doors of the great wall will open three times per annum to make it possible to the nomads to provide cattle, wool and corn against cotton, silk and porcelain.
- February 14th: The Grande league of Souabe is founded in Germany South to preserve peace (end in 1533).
- June 11th: Jacques III of Scotland is killed with the battle of Sauchieburn, close to Stirling, at the time of a revolt of the nobility caused by his/her son.
- June 24th: Beginning of the reign of Jacques IV ( James IV ), king of Scotland (fine in 1513). It crushes the revolt peerage-book which it caused against his father.
- Maximilien of Austria is retained prisoner by the middle-class men of Bruges who threaten to deliver it to the Ganteses, which speak to carry out it.
- In spite of a general opposition, the activities of the court of the Inquisition of Saragossa extend to Barcelona where the court from Catalogne and establishes fine 1489.
- Enquiry with Majorque. 99 people (of which 94 judaïsants) will be burned between 1489 and 1535.
- the Italian Philosophe Pic of Mirandole ( Pico della Mirandola ) is imprisoned for heresy.
- Baranduk, wire of Djani Beg, becomes khan Kazakh (fine in 1509).
- Mars: The French Army takes Chateaubriand, Ancenis and Fougères.
- July 28th: Battle of Saint-Aubin-of-Cormier the, in Brittany; end of the insane War. The victory of the French troops of Anne de Beaujeu and Louis II of Trémoille over the Breton army puts a term at the independence of the duchy. Louis II of Orleans is made prisoner by the French (end in June 1491). The battle makes seven thousand dead, of which a fifth side of the royal army.
- August: Capitulation without combat of Dinan (August 7th) and of Saint-Malo (August 9th).
- August 18th: Treaty of Sanded on the Sarthe (Treated Orchard): Saint-Malo, Ferns, Dinan and Saint-Aubin-of-Cormier the passes to the France. François II is committed marrying his/her daughters only with the royal assent. Its death (September 9th), Anne of Brittany succeeds to him.
- December: Resumption of the combat in Brittany.
- Guillaume Briçonnet becomes adviser of the regent Anne de Beaujeu.
Arts & cultures
- Iliade and the Odyssey of Homère are printed for the first time, with Florence (Italy).
- Philippe de Commynes writes his Mémoires of 1488 with 1495 (published in 1524). It draws up there the portraits of the princes whom it côtoyés and evokes the conflicts in which it took part.
- Pronostications , collection of predictions millenarists of Lichtenberger.
- Publication of the Chronica Hungarorum of the protonotaire Jean Thurocz, sponsored by Mathias Corvin.
- Construction of the Monastery of Voroneţ in Romania. It includes/understands a fresco of the last judgment sometimes, known like the " Sixtine" vault; is. One sees there the paradise on the left with the tree of the life, the hells on the right with the fire of the hells, Christ in top with his contemplative pace and the signs of the zodiac of dimensioned and other of Christ.
Births in 1488
Death in 1488
April 1st: Died of the Constable Jean de Bourbon: Pierre de Beaujeu, his heir, becomes duke of Bourbon.
- April 14th: Girolamo Riario, nephew of Sixth IV, assassinated.
- June 11th: Jacques III of Scotland.
- September 9th: François II of Brittany, wire of Richard of Brittany, count d' Etampes; he itself was initially titrated count (titular) of Stamps, then became duke of Brittany, 1458 at 1488. (° the June 23rd 1435). Her death, his/her daughter Anne succeeds to him and becomes duchess of Brittany.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates
- Verrocchio, sculptor Florentin (Andrea di Michele di Francesco di Cione, born in 1435).
- Nicolas Chuquet (or about 1500)
Be-X-old: 1488 Map-bms: 1488 Simple: 1488
|Random links:||Geochemistry | Granada de mano santa de Antioch | Stopwatch of the Herbaria | Guard of the secrecy | Šašilovac | Apache OFBiz | Sauvage_de_Fred|