This page relates to the year 1483 Calendrier Julien.
- the Mossi threaten the Western borders of the Empire Songhaï but Sonni Ali Ber beats them in the south of the lake Debo, obliging the king of Mossi to flee by giving up its spoils.
- Ali Ber returns to Gao and tries to organize its kingdom, tries difficult because of the diversity of the people which compose it and religious resistances. Ali Ber, who professes a Kharidjisme pure form, encounters several recovery with the oulémas which regard it as heretic. They will be victims of bloody repressions, just as the Peul S, which, in certain areas, will be systematically exterminated.
the Portuguese make the trade of gold and the slaves in Guinea.
The Middle East
- February 11th: Creation of the council of General and Supreme the Enquiry in Spain.
- Tomás de Torquemada, of disaster re-elected, Dominican prior of the S of Segovia and confessor of the queen, is named by the pope general inquisitor of the Castille (August 2nd) then of the Aragon (October 17th). Conversos shown crypto-Judaism. -->
- June 20th: The duke of Bragance, noble most powerful of the kingdom, which plotted against the king is condemned to died and carried out. The duke of Viseu and nearly 80 noble are submitted with justice. Many is carried out and their goods are confiscated with the profit of the crown. Isaac Abravanel, implied, leaves the Portugal for the Castille.
- July 20th: Jean Ier of Denmark becomes king of Norway.
- November 3rd: Giuliano della Rovere, future pope Jules II, is named bishop of Bologna, (Italy).
- the Turks seize the Herzégovine.
- August 30th: Advent of Charles VIII, the Gracious one, king de France at 13 years (end in 1498), wire of Louis XI and Charlotte of Savoy, under the regency of Pierre and Anne de Beaujeu, sister of the young king, which completes the work of Louis XI (end in 1491). Charles VIII claims Naples like part of the heritage angevin.
- Beaujeu must compose with two click unfavourable gathered one around Louis of Orleans, the other around the duke of Bourbon, older brother of Beaujeu, and Rene II of Lorraine, grandson of the king Rene of Anjou by his mother.
- With died of Louis XI, the liberal ideas of Philippe de Commynes and the interest which it carries to English parliamentarism result it in joining the duke of Orleans (future Louis XII) in his opposition to the young person Charles VIII. To have taken part in the insane War against the king, Commynes falls in disgrace, is stripped of its loads and the grounds which Louis XI had granted to him, and is imprisoned several months in 1488. Amnestied, it must withdraw in its Nickle silver seigniory, acquired by its marriage in 1473.
- October 24th: Charles VIII convenes the General states.
- April 18th: Reign of Edouard V of England (fine the June 25th).
- With died of his/her brother Edouard IV (April 9th), Richard, duke of Gloucester, proclaims regent and tutor of its nephew Edouard V. the Parliament having invalidated the marriage of Edouard IV with Elisabeth de Woodwille, the young king, resulting from this union, is declared inapt to reign (June 25th). With the support of part of the barons, who do not like the favorites of Edouard, the duke of Gloucester makes it assassinate in the Tour of London like his Richard younger brother of York and seizes the throne.
- June 25th: Beginning of the reign of Richard III of England, usurper (fine in 1485).
- October: A first revolt against Richard III is crushed.
- the prince of Moscow builds the fortress of Ivangorod vis-a-vis Narva, on the river Narova.
- the prince Theodore Kombski, named voïvode of Nijni-Novgorod is charged to stop the passage of Mongolian tribes on the territory of the principality of Moscow.
- Helene, girl of the prince of Moldavie, wife the oldest son of Ivan III (winter 1482 -1483).
Art & culture
- First version of the Virgin to the rocks of Léonard de Vinci (fine in 1485).
- the Italian artist Giovanni Bellini becomes the official painter of the Republic of Venice.
- Flavio Biondo of Forlì publishes, in Italy, " Historical decades of the decline of the Romain" Empire; , one of its historical works most important.
Science & technology
- Routier of Portuguese Garcia says Ferrande, work describing the nature and the depth of sea-beds, the land-marks and the access to the ports.
- Léonard de Vinci conceives the first outline of a Hélicoptère.
Economy & company
- Series of poor grape harvest in the Rhenish vineyard consecutive at cold summers (1483 - 1492, except for 1486).
- 3,9 million books of sizes is raised in France.
Births in 1483
- February 14th: Bâbur, founder of the Mongolian empire of the Indies
- March 28th: Raphaël ( Raffaello Sanzio ), painter and Italian architect
- François Rabelais (supposed date), French writer
Death in 1483
April 9th: Edouard IV, king d' Angleterre
- August 30th: Louis XI, king de France, with Plessis-lez-Turns
- September: Edouard V, king d' Angleterre
Be-X-old: 1483 Map-bms: 1483 Simple: 1483
|Random links:||MPEG-4 | Falsetto | Claude de Forbin | Yutaka Tsuchiya | Bill Ritter|